Was 2022 worth it for Brady?

• Yes, he enhanced his legacy

• Yes, but he did nothing for his legacy

• No, but he did not damage his legacy

• No, he damaged his legacy

Results are only viewable after voting.
Was 2022 worth it for Brady?
No.
His marriage broke up over his 2022 decisions. His family forever affected post career.
And for what? Playing for an incompetent coaching staff that could not motivate & get the best from player talent and absolutely could not game plan.
Even his chemistry with the skill players went sour, notably with Evans except for what, one game?
Did it look to you that Tom was enjoying the games this season? Not to me..

If you really think that the issues with Brady's marriage and family life started in spring 2022 when he decided to come back then you really haven't been paying attention to the gossip around the situation. He came back because it was falling apart.

Off the field, he lost a lot. Reports are that the "un-retiring" led to the divorce.
If he had just taken the announcing job and stayed retired, I feel like nobody would think less of him and his personal life would probably be in better shape right now.

The question is what does he do from here. Does he change teams and chase another ring, he already has the most rings, he's already almost universally acknowledged as the GOAT. The only thing left for Brady is the thrill of the competition. He has nothing left to prove. Gonna be interesting to see what he does next. I wouldn't be surprised if he went another season, I wouldn't be surprised if he hung them up.

I swear to Christ, what is this obsession with going out on top? Who does that? All time great athletes don’t retire on top, they retire when they can’t do it anymore
Agree 1000000000%. I've said this a million times. Old sportswriters LOVE the "retire on top" bs. They're constantly trying to shuffle great performers off the stage for some bizarre reason. I think it's far more admirable for a warrior to be carried off on his shield than some weird, I'm the king, off I go thing

Off the field, he lost a lot. Reports are that the "un-retiring" led to the divorce.
If he had just taken the announcing job and stayed retired, I feel like nobody would think less of him and his personal life would probably be in better shape right now.

The question is what does he do from here. Does he change teams and chase another ring, he already has the most rings, he's already almost universally acknowledged as the GOAT. The only thing left for Brady is the thrill of the competition. He has nothing left to prove. Gonna be interesting to see what he does next. I wouldn't be surprised if he went another season, I wouldn't be surprised if he hung them up.

There’s no way she divorced him cause he came back case in point dating her intruscter weeks later she been cheating on him

A pet peeve of mine not related to Brady directly: no one mentions 17 games instead of 16 or even 14 years ago, they just say things like "he had a thousand yard season" and leave it at that, as if having an extra game or three to achieve it doesn't matter.

Then, yeah, add in all the extra points due to the penalties awarded for just falling onto a quarterback and it all ends up mattering a lot. Now the OLs can hold as long as it's inside the pads. It all adds up.
Yep. These numbers are getting much easier to achieve. And soon it will be 18 games. Used to be a 4k yard passing season was terrific, and 5k was the record. For some of these guys 5k is like whatever now. And more guys will play longer because, as you note, they protect the qb more than ever before.

So I say Brady should wring every last yard out of those old bones. As long as he want to play, that's great. So he's only a top 10 qb? That's fine.

He didn't hurt his legacy one bit, despite all the haters trying to tell us not to believe our lying eyes.

For all the criticism they gave about how few TD's he threw this year.... he ended up finishing tied for 8th in the League in that category. Only a small handful of full time starters had fewer INT's. He was 3rd in yardage.

The team he was on sucked, pure and simple. They will be lucky to win 5 games next year without Tom.

If you really think that the issues with Brady's marriage and family life started in spring 2022 when he decided to come back then you really haven't been paying attention to the gossip around the situation. He came back because it was falling apart.
Anyone who believes that Brady returning in 2022 is the reason he got divorced and, had he not returned, he and Gisele would still be living happily ever after is just a moron.

Him unretireing did not cause his marriage to collapse, it had already begun prior to that. Just go search and piece together the grains of truth from the gossip rags because the first impressions everyone had weren't true.

It's an NFL legacy question. Some people are taking into account his legacy as a husband and father. Not what I'm talking about. The off field and family stuff is too nebulous. We can't look at stats, rankings and all-time achievements there. None of us really know how Tom, Gisele or his kids feel about things.

Tom may not be MVP level anymore, but there are about 20 teams in the NFL that would be better off with Brady next year than what they currently have in place/planned.

It's an NFL legacy question. Some people are taking into account his legacy as a husband and father. Not what I'm talking about. The off field and family stuff is too nebulous. We can't look at stats, rankings and all-time achievements there. None of us really know how Tom, Gisele or his kids feel about things.
The off field stuff is just haters looking for an excuse to hate. Plenty of great athletes (and coaches) across all sports have been divorced - and an awful lot of them did so under far more salacious situations than this one. It is not a big deal.

Because the Broncos won the Super Bowl most people seem to incorrectly recall that Peyton was merely in decline or below average. No, he was bad.
View attachment 49193

That’s embarrassing.

Meanwhile here’s Brady this season:

View attachment 49195

Not the same.

For context here’s Brady’s 2019 season:

View attachment 49196

Was he done then?

How about 2013?

View attachment 49197

Wow he’s done, retire already.

My statement about Brady being in decline was based on what we saw on the field relative to peak Brady. The last game was pretty typical. He just didn't make plays he used to make. He could not get on the same page with his WRs. He could not get the ball out of the park when he wanted to throw it away. He got good stats but they were because he got off to a slow start and had to dig out of a hole by chucking the ball a lot. Most of the second half was garbage time with him throwing at a defense that was willing to give up yards for time.

No question Manning declined faster, but he literally had two neck vertebrae fused, a totally different set of circumstances than aging alone.

Manning went through an Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion or an ACDF. The procedure accesses the cervical spine through the front of the neck. The surgeon removes the damaged disc, causing pain, and replaces it with a bone graft implant between two vertebrae to help the bones permanently fuse together.

Oh then for him it wasn't worth it.
At this point of his career I think anything short of a Superbowl is a failure for him.
For us fans in my opinion the season was just a dud
Yeah nobody will remember this season in 10 years. We'd look at it like any other mediocre team's season that everyone gets here and there. The super bowls (and 28-3) will live forever though.

You forgot about going over 100,000 passing yards regular + post season. That could stand for a long time. I only say could because of the new rules, nutrition and fitness regiments. But even with that you're going to have to play for a long time and go deep every year into the playoffs.

Him unretireing did not cause his marriage to collapse, it had already begun prior to that. Just go search and piece together the grains of truth from the gossip rags because the first impressions everyone had weren't true.
It's interesting how you say piecing together "grains of truth from gossip rags" tell the "truth", a "truth" that just happens to align with an extremely pro-Brady narrative, and runs contrary to the actual public statements we have from both Gisele and Tom.

It's interesting how you say piecing together "grains of truth from gossip rags" tell the "truth", a "truth" that just happens to align with an extremely pro-Brady narrative, and runs contrary to the actual public statements we have from both Gisele and Tom.

Ok. So you do realize that when we’re talking about Giselle that isnt a sports story right? Ben Volin or Ron Borges isn’t sneaking around trying to find a story from garbage sources. A-list celebrity media waaaay above the pay grade of any NFL beat reporter are doing what they do and I’m not gonna do the work for you to discern what might be closer to the truth in the mess of BS, go do it yourself. Do I Joe Public know the detailed full story? Of course not, not close. But can the outline of a story be pieced together? Yes.

Also Tom and Giselle’s PR statements are beyond worthless. For gods sakes Brady in a candid interview went on the record saying that like 90% of things he says in public is a lie.

Anyone who believes that Brady returning in 2022 is the reason he got divorced and, had he not returned, he and Gisele would still be living happily ever after is just a moron.
Hi!

Attachments

• 12509420_10205607334438208_6787688103764385212_n.jpg
    12509420_10205607334438208_6787688103764385212_n.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 0
Ok. So you do realize that when we’re talking about Giselle that isnt a sports story right? Ben Volin or Ron Borges isn’t sneaking around trying to find a story from garbage sources. A-list celebrity media waaaay above the pay grade of any NFL beat reporter are doing what they do and I’m not gonna do the work for you to discern what might be closer to the truth in the mess of BS, go do it yourself. Do I Joe Public know the detailed full story? Of course not, not close. But can the outline of a story be pieced together? Yes.

Also Tom and Giselle’s PR statements are beyond worthless. For gods sakes Brady in a candid interview went on the record saying that like 90% of things he says in public is a lie.
All this, and then you say you alone have pieced together the truth. Wonderful.

A dumbass to be exact

All this, and then you say you alone have pieced together the truth. Wonderful.

So it’s your contention that all was fine in Brady land until he decided to unretire and everything fell apart after? Ok.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back