Was 2022 worth it for Brady?

• Yes, he enhanced his legacy

• Yes, but he did nothing for his legacy

• No, but he did not damage his legacy

• No, he damaged his legacy

Results are only viewable after voting.
Was 2022 worth it for Brady?
No.
His marriage broke up over his 2022 decisions. His family forever affected post career.
Nobody really knows that was the reason for the break-up. Fir all we know, he stays retired, goes on to Fox, and they still get divorced.

And for what? Playing for an incompetent coaching staff that could not motivate & get the best from player talent and absolutely could not game plan.
Even his chemistry with the skill players went sour, notably with Evans except for what, one game?
Given what I said above, Tom did look distracted. I believe the divorce affected him. He's a competitive guy so probably looked at it as a failure.
Did it look to you that Tom was enjoying the games this season? Not to me..
No, he looked miserable at times, but that may be the way he chose how to deal w/ the divorce, playing football.

So it’s your contention that all was fine in Brady land until he decided to unretire and everything fell apart after? Ok.
Dude, he's just trolling. He's derailing the thread topic with his nonsense.

Other thing nobody mentioned is he also broke a bunch of Bucs franchise records. I think he passed Jaboo for most TDs. There's no doubt he'll be in the Bucs ring of honor. I assume Manning is probably in the Colts and Broncos hof but not really sure. Not too many players end up being honored by two franchises.

Other thing nobody mentioned is he also broke a bunch of Bucs franchise records. I think he passed Jaboo for most TDs. There's no doubt he'll be in the Bucs ring of honor. I assume Manning is probably in the Colts and Broncos hof but not really sure. Not too many players end up being honored by two franchises.
Reggie White is the only other I can think of

Damaged legacy? No. He is 45 and went 8-9 (9-8 if he played the entire Atlanta game) with a dumpster fire coaching staff, no RB, bad OL play, and receivers underachieving.

Should he have returned? In hindsight...no. But nobody could have anticipated how bad the coaching, injuries, and other parts of the team would be. No media or fan could have ever imagined they would collapse the way they did.

Going out on top? I personally don't care either way. Everyone wants to win a title each season. It's not going to happen every year. I do believe a guy like Elway's career gets enhanced because he won a SB at the end. Then retired. But Elway and Brady are different. Elway's name is usually in the top 7 all time. His ranking is between 4-7 from what I have noticed. Brady is the undisputed #1 QB (And maybe player) in NFL history. There is no argument for anyone to be above him.

His future? I believe he is still a top 10 QB. Every team sans LAC, KC, Cin, Jax, or Buf would take him next season if it was SB or bust. Yes, that includes Eagles (Unless Hurts wins SB MVP) & 49ers. Some QB's (Purdy & Hurts) are doing great when guys are open all over the field. RB's running loose etc. What will happen if they are in the SB facing a great team, down by ten, and they absolutely need to make plays in crunch time? Some QB's have a ceiling and can only get you so far. I believe SF would be by far the runaway SB favorites with Brady. Perfect spot for him. But who knows what they will do.

Look at the coaching last year for TB & NYG. Then, compare to this year. It matters alot in the league. One went backwards and one took a big step forwards. Brady should prioritize a place with a great coach.

Not to nitpick. However, I count 19 division titles instead of 20. 01, 03-07, 09-19, & 21-22. Saints won the division in the Bucs SB year of 2020.

Coaching matters but I'm not one to blame coaching as the #1 reason for when teams fail to perform. To me, the leading causes for teams poor performances are:

1. Injuries.
We've seen how good teams fail after they get decimated by injuries or if injuries affect key players.

2. Lack of talent.
We've also seen teams that are thought to be good but lack enough elite talent where ultimately they get outplayed.

3. Poor Player performance.
If 1 & 2 aren't a factor, then this is usually the main reason for poor team performance. We've seen talented teams make mistakes: dropped passes, overthrown balls, penalties, missed tackles, blown coverages, TOs, etc. If a team has talented players but they continue to play poorly, there's no coaching that can fix that.

4. Poor coaching.
Coaching matters. It can be the difference between two equally matched teams to pull out a victory. But coaching can't overcome reasons #1, 2 and 3 above.

I believe that both the Patriots (who lack talent & played poorly) and Bucs (injuries & played poorly) were similar despite the clear difference in talent. Some blame the players in one and the coaches in the other. 9 times out 10, it's the players.

If veteran OL-men keep getting penalties or blowing assignments, is that on the coaches? If DBs keep dropping INTs, WRs dropping passes, QBs missing open receivers or throwing picks; is that on the coaches?

Leftwich is a SB winning OC, Bowles a SB winning DC. Now, all of a sudden, they are clowns after poor performances by the team. Coaches are the convenient scapegoats for pretty much everyone. Patricia does suck as an OC, but there were plays to be made on the field that players failed to perform. A lot of them. Same with the Bucs.

That's not to say that if #1 - #3 aren't a factor that poor coaching can't affect a teams performance. It can. Coaching matters.

Not to nitpick. However, I count 19 division titles instead of 20. 01, 03-07, 09-19, & 21-22. Saints won the division in the Bucs SB year of 2020.
You're right. I forgot to exclude 2002.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back