Gronkowski
Hernandez
Mccourty
Spikes
Mesko
Cunningham

I think it was.

Yes without a doubt in my mind.

McCourty, Gronk, Spikes, Cunningham, Hernandez, Mesko, larsen, Welch and Deadrick.

All of whom still play in the NFL and there are what? 4 pro bowls there?

Yes without a doubt in my mind.

McCourty, Gronk, Spikes, Cunningham, Hernandez, Mesko, larsen, Welch and Deadrick.

All of whom still play in the NFL and there are what? 4 pro bowls there?

3 pro bowlers. You could make a case for 2012 too if Jones, Hightower and Dennard continue to develop.

On one hand I wanna say yes but to me, the best draft is the brady draft. Just for the single fact that he drafted the best player ever to wear a new england patriots jersey....could be ever! So really savor these last few years because no one is as lucky as the colts. lol.

On one hand I wanna say yes but to me, the best draft is the brady draft. Just for the single fact that he drafted the best player ever to wear a new england patriots jersey....could be ever! So really savor these last few years because no one is as lucky as the colts. lol.

Couldn't agree more and with that said - yea, 2010 was definitely their best all-around draft in terms of total contributors that have helped Brady maintain his level of performance.....

But was that really great drafting? Look at the guys they picked ahead of him. I think that draft is more about just Brady being a godsend.

2010 on the other hand really restocked our O at a time when Moss was declining and Welker was the only other option. Plus McCourty is a pretty important piece in rebuilding the D.

Gronkowski
Hernandez
Mccourty
Spikes
Mesko
Cunningham

I think it was.
Given the positions each player was picked at, I'd be very interested to see how this draft group stacks up against some of the best draft groups of all time.

I still like 2003. Traded Bledsoe to Bills for first round pick and got Ty Warren. Traded our original first rounder to Baltimore for their second (Eugene Wilson) and their first in 2004 (Vince Wilfork). Bethel Johnson, who helped them win a SB, Dan Koppen, Asante Samuel, Dan Klecko...

Gronkowski
Hernandez
Mccourty
Spikes
Mesko
Cunningham

I think it was.

Would you trade all those guys for rookie Brady?

Amazingly, one would have to stop and think about it, but the answer is probably yes.

Still, the Brady draft has to be marked down significantly on drafting SKILL because, after all, the Patriots passed on him numerous.

So far, but it depends 2012 has potential to be better IMO. Jones and Hightower can potentially be studs in our front 7, Dennard also has a chance to be a very good corner here. Tavon and Bequette may contribute someday.

Gronk and Ahern are obviously studs at their best but in all honestly we haven't seen that enough mostly due to injuries, if their durability remains questionable it hurts the grade because Gronk dropped many spots due to a major injury. DMC I think will prove to be a great pick and superb safety but he's still been up and down, too early to declare that. Spikes and Mesko were good picks, nothing jaw dropping unless Spikes takes him game to another level. I don't know why Cunningham is even being mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents