PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Voting on Patriot's Selection #62 only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bakes781

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Posting this thread to give our fans the chance to vote on each of the Patriot's selections during this Mock Draft. If you would like to follow along the name of the thread is "2012 Mock Draft Game Player Selections!" Starting now we will have until 8pm tonight to submit votes and I or Co-Commissioner broadwayjoe will tally the votes and post the player with the most votes as the Patriot's selection. This thread is for the 62nd selection only and I will post separate threads for the Patriots other selections. Below is how the picks have been made so far for the other teams. Please just post one prospect's full name that you think the Patriots should draft in this thread and we will see who the majority likes. No Trades in this Mock Draft, so don't waste your time suggesting that. I will post an updated list in this thread once all the selections before the Patriots are made. We all know it's a good chance the Patriots will trade during this draft BUT for this exercise we just need you to vote Thanks. I'm posting this a little early to give our fans as much time as possible.

ROUND ONE
# Team GM Deadline
1 Indianapolis - Andrew Luck QB Stanford
2 Washington - Robert Griffin III QB Baylor
3 Minnesota - Matt Kalil OT USC
4 Cleveland - Morris Claiborne CB LSU
5 Tampa Bay - Trent Richardson RB Alabama
6 St. Louis - Justin Blackmon WR Oklahoma State
7 Jacksonville - Melvin Ingram DE South Carolina
8 Miami - Quinton Coples DE North Carolina
9 Carolina - Dontari Poe DT Memphis
10 Buffalo - Jonathan Martin OT Stanford
11 Kansas City - Riley Reiff OT Iowa
12 Seattle - Ryan Tannehill QB Texas A&M
13 Arizona - Michael Floyd WR Notre Dame
14 Dallas - Luke Kuechly LB Boston College
15 Philadelphia - Courtney Upshaw LB Alabama
16 New York Jets - Michael Brockers DE/DT LSU
17 Cincinnati - David DeCastro OG Stanford
18 San Diego - Dre' Kirkpatrick CB Alabama
19 Chicago - Cordy Glenn OG Georgia
20 Tennessee - Whitney Mercilius DE Illinois
21 Cincinnati - Janoris Jenkins CB North Alabama
22 Cleveland - Kendall Wright WR Baylor
23 Detroit - Stephon Gilmore CB South Carolina
24 Pittsburgh - Donta Hightower ILB Alabama
25 Denver - Coby Fleener TE Stanford
26 Houston - Fletcher Cox DE/DT Mississippi State
27 New England - Mark Barron S Alabama
28 Green Bay - Peter Konz C/OG Wisconsin
29 Baltimore - Nick Perry DE/OLB USC
30 San Francisco - David Wilson RB Virginia Tech
31 New England - Devon Still DT Penn State
32 New York Giants - Zach Brown LB North Carolina

ROUND TWO
# Team GM Deadline
33 St. Louis - Mike Adams OT Ohio State
34 Indianapolis - Rueben Randall WR LSU
35 Minnesota - Alshon Jeffrey WR South Carolina
36 Tampa Bay - Jayron Hosley CB Virginia Tech
37 Cleveland - Kirk Cousins QB Michigan State
38 Jacksonville - Stephen Hill WR Georgia Tech
39 St. Louis - Jerel Worthy DT Michigan State
40 Carolina - Mohamed Sanu WR Rutgers
41 Buffalo - Kevin Zeiter OG Wisconsin
42 Miami - Harrison Smith S Notre Dame
43 Seattle - Andre Branch DE Clemson
44 Kansas City - Brandon Thompson DT Clemson
45 Dallas - Kendall Reyes DT Connecticut
46 Philadelphia - Lamar Miller RB Miami
47 New York Jets - Kelechi Osemele OG Iowa State
48 New England - Shea McClellin OLB Boise State
49 San Diego - Zebrie Sanders OT Florida State
50 Chicago - Lavonte David OLB Nebraska
51 Philadelphia - Brandon Weeden QB Oklahoma State
52 Tennessee - Doug Martin RB Boise State
53 Cincinnati - Dwayne Allen TE Clemson
54 Detroit - Amini Silatolu OG Midwestern State
55 Atlanta - Vinny Curry OLB Marshall
56 Pittsburgh - Alfonzo Dennard CB Nebraska
57 Denver - Alameda Ta'amu DT Washington
March 23rd
58 Houston (10-6) Mogamedogz 12pm
59 Green Bay (15-1) s3antana5757 2pm
60 Baltimore (12-4) broadwayjoe 4pm
61 San Francisco (13-3) Patsfan-1982 6pm
62 New England (13-3) PatsFans Forum 8pm

While we're waiting to see who is available I thought I'd talk about positions I don't think we are going to address here.

QB - Duh.

WR - We currently have 10 WR's on the roster and usually head into training camp with 8. We normally keep 6 WR on the 53 and only three of those spots are spoken for in Welker, Lloyd, and Slater. Everyone else, including Eldleman are going to fighting for those last 3 spots so throwing a rookie into that mix drafted this early makes zero sense.

RB - We currently have 6 RB/FB's on the roster. I can see us bringing in a UDFA for camp but unless someone really catches BB's eye the likely 4 RB's we will carry will be Vereen, Ridley, Woodhead and Larsen since Hernandez can also be used to run the ball.

TE - Position is set with Gronk, Hernandez, and Fells.

Last edited:
Jamell Fleming for the Pats..

WR - We currently have 10 WR's on the roster and usually head into training camp with 8. We normally keep 6 WR on the 53 and only three of those spots are spoken for in Welker, Lloyd, and Slater. Everyone else, including Eldleman are going to fighting for those last 3 spots so throwing a rookie into that mix drafted this early makes zero sense.

The Pats have done absolutely nothing to change my opinion that WR is a big need, and a high pick should be spent on one. Right now we only have 2 WR that can be counted on in 2012, one of which is on the Franchise Tag and the other is a recently signed FA who is still a risk because we don't know how he will fit with Brady. Beyond that we have Branch who has clearly declined and a bunch of JAGs. Gonzalez has caught 5 balls in the last 3 years and can't stay healthy. Stallworth has barely caught 40 passes since he left in 07. Chad just didn't work out and Underwood clearly isn't the answer. The rest of the guys aren't even relavent.

Slater is a pure special teamer and Edelman is so versatile that you could count him as a utility player and carry 5 other WR. Welker and Lloyd are locks, but beyond that how many spots can you give that bunch of misfits. I don't think you could count on them to fill more than 2 spots, which would still leave 1 available for a draft pick. I wouldn't be surprised if Branch was the only one of those guys to make it and we draft two WRs.

Having said that, my vote would go for Juron Criner, slightly ahead of Marvin Jones.

Josh Robinson - CB - UCF and his 4.30 forty still on the board. Brandon Boykin - cb - Georgia. Spectacular bowl game against Mich St. Broke his leg working out after. I doubt Robinson falls this far in real draft. Boykin might. Any interest in doubling up on OLB? Still have Chandler Jones - Syracuse, Cam Johnson - Virginia and Ronnell Lewis - Oklahoma. Sounds like we worked out Ron Brooks -LSU. He was their 3RD corner behind Claiborne and Honey Badger. Had a good workout 4.35 forty. Can prob get him at 93.

What about Chase Minnifield? I believe BB coached his dad in his 1st year at Cleveland.

He's known for his versatility. Played WR, RB, QB as well as special teams.

Last edited:
I'm tending to agree w/ Wilfork. I think that now is about the time to start giving WRs
serious consideration. I also would not be opposed to doubling-up on edge defenders
or FS. Ben Jones is another strong possibility, though there doesn't seem to be an OT
worthy of this high a selection; perhaps Matt McCants can be had at 94.

And for feck's sake Bill, please - pretty please - no more RBs & TEs; just sign some as UDFAs.

I wanted to wait to see how the next couple of picks went but my choices would be

1. Brandon Boykin CB/PR/KR/WR Georgia
He would be a very good Nickel CB to start and could be a replacement for Edleman on ST. Also has value as an occasional offensive player and BB/McDaniels could find a way to use him.

2. Billy Winn DE Boise State
In the Mike Wright mold can play 3-4 DE/4-3 DT and has a different skill set that Devon Still which is why this is not Jared Crick who I see as a runstopper only and his weight is way down because he wants to play 4-3 DE. We need more DE's than OLB's at this point so I would rather double up there.

3. Ben Jones C Georgia
Depth and future starter behind Connolly for a year or two. Mauler but needs a year or so in Dante's system.

Last edited:
I wanted to wait to see how the next couple of picks went but my choices would be

1. Brandon Boykin CB/PR/KR/WR Georgia
He would be a very good Nickel CB to start and could be a replacement for Edleman on ST. Also has value as an occasional offensive player and BB/McDaniels could find a way to use him.

2. Billy Winn DE Boise State
In the Mike Wright mold can play 3-4 DE/4-3 DT and has a different skill set that Devon Still which is why this is not Jared Crick who I see as a runstopper only and his weight is way down because he wants to play 4-3 DE. We need more DE's than OLB's at this point so I would rather double up there.

3. Ben Jones C Georgia
Depth and future starter behind Connolly for a year or two. Mauler but needs a year or so in Dante's system.

Well I happen to have the Packers & Ravens picks. So if you and anyone else wanna head on over here we can vote on the Texans pick. Then by lunch we can be one pick away from having the Pats officially on the clock.
:cool:

Last edited:
The Pats have done absolutely nothing to change my opinion that WR is a big need, and a high pick should be spent on one. Right now we only have 2 WR that can be counted on in 2012, one of which is on the Franchise Tag and the other is a recently signed FA who is still a risk because we don't know how he will fit with Brady. Beyond that we have Branch who has clearly declined and a bunch of JAGs. Gonzalez has caught 5 balls in the last 3 years and can't stay healthy. Stallworth has barely caught 40 passes since he left in 07. Chad just didn't work out and Underwood clearly isn't the answer. The rest of the guys aren't even relavent.

Slater is a pure special teamer and Edelman is so versatile that you could count him as a utility player and carry 5 other WR. Welker and Lloyd are locks, but beyond that how many spots can you give that bunch of misfits. I don't think you could count on them to fill more than 2 spots, which would still leave 1 available for a draft pick. I wouldn't be surprised if Branch was the only one of those guys to make it and we draft two WRs.

Having said that, my vote would go for Juron Criner, slightly ahead of Marvin Jones.

Why would a high pick, say Juron Criner, yeild a better chance of success than Brian Quick, Greg Childs, and Devon Wylie? If our odds of success aren't that good I'd think we want a few picks instead of 1.

I still like Minnifield here but Quick, Jones, Boykin and Winn are all really great value here.

Why would a high pick, say Juron Criner, yeild a better chance of success than Brian Quick, Greg Childs, and Devon Wylie? If our odds of success aren't that good I'd think we want a few picks instead of 1.

Quick and Childs both have similar value to Criner, so you won't get both of them instead of him. I understand your point though, but you only have limited resources to fill holes. I think you have to figure out who best fits your system and go after them. I personally think Criner is a great fit, and I would much rather take him than 2 guys in the 4th and let them battle it out. I think in the end you have to trust your scouting department and not be scared just because you've made mistakes in the past. Instead of worrying about past results, look at why they didn't work and how to fix it. I personally believe their biggest problem with drafting WRs is they take too many risks on guys who haven't produced in college. Give me a guy that's caught 70+ balls in a season for over 1000yards and projects well to this system in the 2nd round, over two guys with upside and no production in the 4th round any day.

Well I don't know what I did to my post at the selections thread to make it all wacky lol but here's the updated selections:

ROUND ONE
# Team GM Deadline
1 Indianapolis - Andrew Luck QB Stanford
2 Washington - Robert Griffin III QB Baylor
3 Minnesota - Matt Kalil OT USC
4 Cleveland - Morris Claiborne CB LSU
5 Tampa Bay - Trent Richardson RB Alabama
6 St. Louis - Justin Blackmon WR Oklahoma State
7 Jacksonville - Melvin Ingram DE South Carolina
8 Miami - Quinton Coples DE North Carolina
9 Carolina - Dontari Poe DT Memphis
10 Buffalo - Jonathan Martin OT Stanford