PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vincent Jackson found dead

Sad, heard he was a good dude and he was a beast on the field.

My wife worked for the team during the Raheem era when he was the big star on the team. He was a great guy in the community and was incredibly nice the few times I met him but he had some demons. Aside from the multiple DUI’s that were made public he had been picked up off a couple bar room floors in south Tampa and carted home. It’s sad to see what happens to some of these guys after the game chews them up and spits them out.

RIP. Very odd story. He had been staying at a hotel since january 11th.

Last edited:
RIP. Very odd story. He had been staying at a hotel since january 11th.
No doubt more (sad) details will follow.

I don’t think playing this sport is worth it, for a number of professionals. Sure, you could argue that a number of them are troubled « regardless », but it seems to me that in the WWE & NFL - former participants don’t do as well as many « regulars ».

Seems like he wasn't in a good place.

He was a great player, a few times there was speculation about him coming to NE in the trade deadline but we never had the cap or picks for that. I bet he wouldn't be one of those WR who cannot get the system. RIP.

No doubt more (sad) details will follow.

I don’t think playing this sport is worth it, for a number of professionals. Sure, you could argue that a number of them are troubled « regardless », but it seems to me that in the WWE & NFL - former participants don’t do as well as many « regulars ».

My family has historically been big into football, my brother and I were both avid players at younger ages. I won't let my son play football as it stands now, not until the Heads Up program has had more time to proliferate and the neanderthal parents who push their kids to play dirty/injure people have been completely phased out of the game entirely

Just not worth it to have your kid turn into a vegetable because some dad is pushing his son at 12 years old to decapitate people with hits (true story)

My wife worked for the team during the Raheem era when he was the big star on the team. He was a great guy in the community and was incredibly nice the few times I met him but he had some demons. Aside from the multiple DUI’s that were made public he had been picked up off a couple bar room floors in south Tampa and carted home. It’s sad to see what happens to some of these guys after the game chews them up and spits them out.

Add to that, probable complications from CTE, and it paints a sad picture.

looks like the family thinks it was CTE

I had no idea who they were talking about because they lead with Tampa Bay WR. It wasn't until they mentioned the Charger that I remembered him. He was a hell of a receiver in San Diego.

I had no idea who they were talking about because they lead with Tampa Bay WR. It wasn't until they mentioned the Charger that I remembered him. He was a hell of a receiver in San Diego.
He has as many 1000 yard seasons (3) with the Chargers as he did with the Bucs. He wasn't elite but he was in that next tier of very good receivers and mentored Mike Evans.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back