PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vince Wilfork on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how many people using a brain injury as an excuse for Johnson for taking a shot at a teammate's wife actually paid attention to the clip. Because he didn't just blurt out an answer. The question was asked. He laughed. He said that he knew who it was. He referred to Vince as a big guy. He said some more stuff for yuks. Then he answered. And then he said that Vince would never hear it.

35 seconds from the time the question was finished until his answer, and everything in between was preamble to what he already knew he was going to say.

The "poor impulse control due to brain injury" argument is absurd.

Does he have brain injuries? Absolutely. Did those contribute to this particular incident? Please. Sometimes a douchebag is just a douchebag.

TJ's normal personality may well be that of a D bag making the point moot, but you're astoundingly ignorant of what a brain injury can do to a person's personality. Once top end capable socially adjusted people can have both brief or long lasting episodes where they behave 180 degrees out of norm yet seem "normal" while being a completely different antisocial and destructive person. They sound just like their former selves but there's something totally different going on behind the curtain. It has NOTHING to do whatsoever with time to think response and a chance to think, as the entire thinking process is broken from the prior norm. A subsequent interaction can flip to a person in the prior normal state leading folks to think the person is now suddenly OK. They aren't.

TJ's normal personality may well be that of a D bag making the point moot, but you're astoundingly ignorant of what a brain injury can do to a person's personality. Once top end capable socially adjusted people can have both brief or long lasting episodes where they behave 180 degrees out of norm yet seem "normal" while being a completely different antisocial and destructive person. They sound just like their former selves but there's something totally different going on behind the curtain. It has NOTHING to do whatsoever with time to think response and a chance to think, as the entire thinking process is broken from the prior norm. A subsequent interaction can flip to a person in the prior normal state leading folks to think the person is now suddenly OK. They aren't.

I could just as easily make the argument that the brain injury made him apologize for his "normal" boorish behavior, not the other way around. I wouldn't, but I could.

I'm not ignorant. I just don't think it applies to this particular situation. It's interesting to note that Johnson himself didn't make any excuses, unlike a lot of posters here. He said he did a dumb thing and learned a lesson.

So, in my corner, we have both the audio clip which indicates he was thinking quite clearly, and just said something a-holish to be funny. I also have the man himself making no excuses for his behavior.

With all due respect, you have, "But he has a brain injury, so that is clearly what made him say something stupid." With no evidence whatsoever to back this up, unless you're willing to stipulate that every single thing that TJ says/does is dictated by his injury, and that there's nothing of the "old" TJ left.

ETA: I re-read your post and you aren't stating what I said in my last paragraph, so my bad. Others, however, are.

You're right, but I can't blame Vince for his reply. The guy insulted the mother of his children who has been with him since they were both poor college students with a young child. He obviously loves Bianca and sees her differently than Ted. All this does is make me feel even more sympathy for Ted Johnson knowing what he is going through with the brain damage he has suffered. At this point, Vince should allow Ted a chance to speak to him privately and then let it end there.

I don't blame him either, but Vince did a poor job handling it. He doesnt need to go on twitter and telling TJ to F-off, and letting the whole cyber world know how tough he is. All could have been dealt with a phone call, email, private message, txt. etc. Love Vince as a player and from hearing about him being a big family man off the field and a humble guy..sounds like a great guy..but he reacted horribly to this.

Also I dont think this is anything to do with TJ having brain damage...He made a stupid mistake...One we all think he wishes he can take back.

I don't blame him either, but Vince did a poor job handling it. He doesnt need to go on twitter and telling TJ to F-off, and letting the whole cyber world know how tough he is. All could have been dealt with a phone call, email, private message, txt. etc. Love Vince as a player and from hearing about him being a big family man off the field and a humble guy..sounds like a great guy..but he reacted horribly to this.

I'll never understand why people blame the wronged party for not responding privately to what someone else did or said publicly. Every bit of this is TJ's fault, and even he knows it.

I'll never understand why people blame the wronged party for not responding privately to what someone else did or said publicly. Every bit of this is TJ's fault, and even he knows it.

Cuz hes a 30 something year old millionaire going on twitter getting mad, because an ex teammate on the other side of the country made it known publically, on his radio show that he doesnt find his wife attractive. This story blew up because of Wilfork's response. If he never goes on twitter and makes an issue, its a non story. Instead now, its a huge story that made all the headlines, all across the region. Its dumb, and for the second straight off season a players wife made headlines for all the wrong reason.

Cuz hes a 30 something year old millionaire going on twitter getting mad, because an ex teammate on the other side of the country made it known publically, on his radio show that he doesnt find his wife attractive. This story blew up because of Wilfork's response. If he never goes on twitter and makes an issue, its a non story. Instead now, its a huge story that made all the headlines, all across the region. Its dumb, and for the second straight off season a players wife made headlines for all the wrong reason.

1) He didn't say he "doesn't find her attractive." He went out of her way to call her the ugliest Patriot wife. And he laughed when the other host implied she looks like a man. There's a big difference, so stop minimizing it.

2) There's a real possibility that the only contact point Vince had for TJ was Twitter.

3) This story would've blown up regardless of Vince's reaction, because that's the nature of social media. Welcome to five years ago.

4) The fact that you're minimizing (read: "changing") what TJ said while at the same time demonizing a guy whose first reaction was just to defend his wife is really odd.

1) He didn't say he "doesn't find her attractive." He went out of her way to call her the ugliest Patriot wife. And he laughed when the other host implied she looks like a man. There's a big difference, so stop minimizing it.

2) There's a real possibility that the only contact point Vince had for TJ was Twitter.

3) This story would've blown up regardless of Vince's reaction, because that's the nature of social media. Welcome to five years ago.

4) The fact that you're minimizing (read: "changing") what TJ said while at the same time demonizing a guy whose first reaction was just to defend his wife is really odd.

5) Bianca Wilfork should KNOW better than to be a team distraction!!

The story blew up once TJ made that comment, and wtf did Bianca do that make headlines?

OK...I know how to settle this.
Let's have someone ask Ted Johnson who is the SECOND ugliest player wife he knows!!
If he answers...he's REALLY brain damaged.

OK so let's just have everyone take their beef to twitter or Facebook then. You really believe in this day and age Vince only way of contacting TJ is twitter?? And your welcoming me to 5 years ago?? Buddy get real.

Tj is a fricken moron for even letting himself be put in that situation, and Vince as every right to defend his wife.....I'm just not gonna give him a medal for doing it on twitter. Sorry..

And yes Vince's reaction on twitter is the reason this story blew up. How can you think other wise?

OK so let's just have everyone take their beef to twitter or Facebook then. You really believe in this day and age Vince only way of contacting TJ is twitter?? And your welcoming me to 5 years ago?? Buddy get real.

Tj is a fricken moron for even letting himself be put in that situation, and Vince as every right to defend his wife.....I'm just not gonna give him a medal for doing it on twitter. Sorry..

And yes Vince's reaction on twitter is the reason this story blew up. How can you think other wise?

Unless Vince had the phone number or email address (so he could send a strongly-worded letter, obviously) of a guy he last played with 8-9 years ago handy, then, yeah, Twitter was probably the only way. It's also the quickest one to use when a guy justifiably goes aggro. Unless they're Facebook besties, that is. :rolleyes:

And then that phone call or email would've gotten out and we'd be in the same place, anyway.

The story would've blown up with or without Vince's initial reaction ... because this stuff always does. Someone would've heard the interview and Tweeted it, blogged it, ESPN'ed it, and it would've gained steam while people waited for Vince's reaction. Have you never seen what sports media is like?

Unless Vince had the phone number or email address (so he could send a strongly-worded letter, obviously) of a guy he last played with 8-9 years ago handy, then, yeah, Twitter was probably the only way. It's also the quickest one to use when a guy justifiably goes aggro. Unless they're Facebook besties, that is. :rolleyes:

And then that phone call or email would've gotten out and we'd be in the same place, anyway.

The story would've blown up with or without Vince's initial reaction ... because this stuff always does. Someone would've heard the interview and Tweeted it, blogged it, ESPN'ed it, and it would've gained steam while people waited for Vince's reaction. Have you never seen what sports media is like?

OK. Whatever you say boss. Enjoy your saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore