PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vince Redd - OLB

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTS-80

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Ok, he's my darkhorse for reserve LB on the 53.

He played in five games last year .... forced a fumble on ST ... and even got two tackles playing defense..... Definitely has played more than Crable....

I haven't heard anything about Redd...

Does it look like he's progressing?

He played in five games last year .... forced a fumble on ST ... and even got two tackles playing defense..... Definitely has played more than Crable....

Crable was on IR all year, so I'm not sure what you can draw from the fact that Redd "played more." In fact, at the end of last year, Thomas, Woods and Crable were all on IR, so Redd playing isn't remarkable.

It's the third day of camp, a little early to figure out who is ahead, TBC or Redd. I don't think Crable is in danger from Redd, but TBC might be. Or if they keep nine LBs and Burgess isn't signed then Redd has a decent shot, I would say.

id love for redd to make the final 53 as well...seems to have ridiculous pooootential..

Didn't see Redd get too many reps the practices I have been there for.

that sux, i wonder which areas vince redd struggles with? he has the speed for coverage and rush, long arms for batted balls and shoe string tackles..

He's probably as good as the competition, W. Wire from parts unknown.

Here is my guess....unfortunately. Wild athletic skills....and hasn't got a clue about being an OLB. Like I noted in my posts, not even the WRs beat him downfield on KO coverage, but he is the last OLB to get reps in any group or team drill. Inother words he rarely gets reps, even with the 2nd team. Read into THAT what you want. IF he can't make the team as a KO and/or Punt coverage guy, then I can't see him on the 53

We may have ourselves the new binky who never made it (paging Jackson, Chad)

I'm not giving up on the guy at all, but it concerns me when we're paper thin he's not getting any reps. It has to be an assignment issue, him not getting it and what not. Damn.

weren't they lining TBC up as a DE in a 4-3 formation a bit? that could give him the edge over Redd if it comes down to choosing one of the two, unless Redd starts practicing at that position too

i think a brace/seymour and wilfork as the tackles with adalius and pierre/crable/tbc as the ends would be interesting...mayo and guyton as the backers , with chung, meriweather, wheatley, bodden, and springs!!! sick lil 2-4-5 defensive package or somewhat of a nickel

goaline or run d will/should be absolutely monstrous this year...wilfork, sey, warren, brace, green, etc....

id love for redd to make the final 53 as well...seems to have ridiculous pooootential..
He may yet make someone's 53, but it looks like it won't be in Foxboro...

Redd couldn't cut it at Virginia before transferring to Liberty. I guess he could not make the committment. For every Troy Brown that is too slow and too small but has the heart of a lion, there are hundreds of big fast guys who can't make the grade.

Redd couldn't cut it at Virginia before transferring to Liberty. I guess he could not make the committment. For every Troy Brown that is too slow and too small but has the heart of a lion, there are hundreds of big fast guys who can't make the grade.
Well, you should know about too small, Mack Herron:

Mack Herron
Mack Herron
Height: 5-5 Weight: 170

You make Darren Sproles look like Brandon Jacobs. :D

Bump!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes