PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vinateri average Salary=2.5 million

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_T26

Banned
Reaction score
It was the signing bonus that got him guys. If the organization has the reluctance to pay a 3.5 mill signing bonus for a positon where you rarely have injuries, then:

A. The Pats know somethings wrong with Adam
B. Kraft is not willing to spend a lot on signing bonuses.

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports the contract agreed to with the Indianapolis Colts by free agent PK Adam Vinatieri (Patriots) included a $3.5 million signing bonus, with an annual average salary of $2.5 million.

Last edited:
R_T26 said:
It was the signing bonus that got him guys. If the organization has the reluctance to pay a 3.5 mill signing bonus for a positon where you rarely have injuries, then:

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports the contract agreed to with the Indianapolis Colts by free agent PK Adam Vinatieri (Patriots) included a $3.5 million signing bonus, with an annual average salary of $2.5 million.

R_T -
You have NO CLUE what it was that got Adam to sign with the Colts. NONE. Other than a contract in general. Its total pure speculation on your part. But, you're good at providing that without any support.

My answer is B

R_T26 said:
So you're saying it's a $2.5M average salary in addition to a $3.5M bonus ? Or is the $2.5M the average cost, including the salary and the yearly piece of the signing bonus ?

R_T26 said:
Or (C), Adam wanted to leave and didn't even give the Patriots the chance to match. We really don't know.

well

BelichickFan said:
Or (C), Adam wanted to leave and didn't even give the Patriots the chance to match. We really don't know.

The average salary had to be about what the pats were offering him. Plus the pats were probably offering him like a $2mil bonus. I believe he just wanted out for some reason, or realized he had burned a lot of bridges and just took the best offer. We will probably never know what really happened, but the pats offer couldn't be that far off, unless that is all guarenteed money!

Dear Adam

Do you know how long it took me to learn how to pronounce your name just to appease my Pats fanatic boyfriend? Do you know how many games I've had to sit through and and hear how great your foot is?
*sigh* Now I'll have to learn new players. New statistics. New everything.
Dear Adam, may your golden foot turn to heavy lead.

2.5 million...isn't that what we were offering him?

How many years did he sign for?

DaBruinz said:
R_T -
You have NO CLUE what it was that got Adam to sign with the Colts. NONE. Other than a contract in general. Its total pure speculation on your part. But, you're good at providing that without any support.

what else could it be that got him to sign, 72 virgins? it was the contract. the patriot reporters, the ones w/ connections, said the Pats offered him a contract of 2.5 a year but no guaranteed money. The Colts offered him 3.5 guaranteed. As for support i just gave you support. the annual average salary usually includes the signing bonus as well.

And DB, stop using your Boilerplate responses, all your replies are "how do you know". I know from what I read. What are the other reasons you think Adam left. If a key rival had the same losses as we have had and they tried to argue that they will be fine, you would be the first person to have a long drawn out response about how the team got worse. Its ok to be balanced without being a bandwagoner or a doomsdayer.

i thought i was done puking my guts out from the flu on friday...

this is awful.

i was gonna name my next kid Adam.

BJ_McWild said:
i was gonna name my next kid Adam.

Thomas is a good manly man's name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back