PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

[VIDEO] Mac Jones Can't Throw Deep

Tom Brady and Julian Edelman grew up in an area of California that never sees snow and Brady was the best cold weather NFL QB of the modern era and Edelman is one of the most clutch pass catchers in playoff history.

Long before he was the GOAT, Brady was the best bad weather QB of all time.

Long before he was the GOAT, Brady was the best bad weather QB of all time.

Agree. My point is the poster questioning Mac coming from a warm state, it probably won't make a difference. Brady was fine from day1 as a young player.

What I saw in preseason, OTA's was Mac's accuracy didn't suffer in wet conditions, when it did seem to affect Cam, Stidham.
One can only hope this is the case.

This is another thing that Brady was exceptional at.

To be fair (I know, not popular here) "I am a donut" is very close phonetically to "I am a Berliner." The crowd got that.

Utter BS anti-American urban myth.

So not just close phonetically, but identical. And yes, the crowd got it, the understood his meaning.
What's so anti-American about some guy making a joke and a bunch of people having fun with it?

So not just close phonetically, but identical. And yes, the crowd got it, the understood his meaning.
What's so anti-American about some guy making a joke and a bunch of people having fun with it?
It's used to denigrate Kennedy's historic remark as that of a typically ignorant American bumpkin when in fact what he said was perfect German grammar.

Imagine there was a pastry called a "bostonian" somewhere. The meaning of saying "I am a Bostonian" would not be lost because of that. And "berliner" is not even the name used for the pastry in Berlin. There was no ambiguity.

Fools have also criticized him for adding the "ein", but the article has the same function here in German as in English, i.e. "I am a Bostonian" has a figuratively inclusive meaning not in "I am Bostonian".

But Felicia does point out that it is a good thing Kennedy wasn't giving that speech in Hamburg or Frankfurt.

It's used to denigrate Kennedy's historic remark as that of a typically ignorant American bumpkin when in fact what he said was perfect German grammar.

Imagine there was a pastry called a "bostonian" somewhere. The meaning of saying "I am a Bostonian" would not be lost because of that. And "berliner" is not even the name used for the pastry in Berlin. There was no ambiguity.

Fools have also criticized him for adding the "ein", but the article has the same function here in German as in English, i.e. "I am a Bostonian" has a figuratively inclusive meaning not in "I am Bostonian".

But Felicia does point out that it is a good thing Kennedy wasn't giving that speech in Hamburg or Frankfurt.
OK. I hear comments from international friends about American bumpkin all the time, and it is usually legitimate. I never hear it as anti-American so much as observational and disappointment in us.

OK. I hear comments from international friends about American bumpkin all the time, and it is usually legitimate. I never hear it as anti-American so much as observational and disappointment in us.
Got it -- calling Americans "bumpkins" isn't anti-American because it's true! We can all go far with that principle: I'm disappointed with your English grammar so you're definitely a bumpkin of some sort!

Got it -- calling Americans "bumpkins" isn't anti-American because it's true! We can all go far with that principle: I'm disappointed with your English grammar so you're definitely a bumpkin of some sort!
Nope. You are interpreting this to be binary, and definitive, rather than conversational and observational. It is about a common pattern of behavior, not a label about everyone.

When most Americans can only speak one language, don't have a passport, expect familiar food and English in other cultures, think there's only one "right" way to run society, and celebrate under-education, then we earn the criticism. In these aspects, we are relatively primitive and simple minded. In other aspects, we aren't, and my friends in other countries willingly acknowledge them.

When we Americans can't take a joke, can't take feedback about our culture and be appreciative of it as a learning and growth opportunity, we deserve the label of "overly sensitive, insecure, emotional snowflake."

Nope. You are interpreting this to be binary, and definitive, rather than conversational and observational. It is about a common pattern of behavior, not a label about everyone.

When most Americans can only speak one language, don't have a passport, expect familiar food and English in other cultures, think there's only one "right" way to run society, and celebrate under-education, then we earn the criticism. In these aspects, we are relatively primitive and simple minded. In other aspects, we aren't, and my friends in other countries willingly acknowledge them.

When we Americans can't take a joke, can't take feedback about our culture and be appreciative of it as a learning and growth opportunity, we deserve the label of "overly sensitive, insecure, emotional snowflake."
We are so lucky to have an exceptional "American" like you apologizing for us! I can only imagine what actual anti-Americanism we'd suffer without your efforts on our behalf!

K guys, can we cut the political ****? This thread is supposed to be for us to all come together and talk about how awesome my video is. :D

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back