PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vick Dog Fighting story continues

Status
Not open for further replies.
A DA who seems to have his own agenda ignoring evidence to pursue his own plan. Where have I seen this before? Poindexter seems to have forgotten the lessons of Nifong and what happens to an officer of the court who goes "off the reservation". He's got about one week before it all crumbles down on him..........

The Saga Continues for Vick

Sources have said that a police informant saw Michael Vick, a Newport News native, at dog fights. Video is also said to exist putting Vick at a scene he claims to know nothing about.

"It will work itself out. I just got to watch the people that I keep around me and just do some things differently from here on out in the future," said Vick.

A consultant on the case talked to WAVY about evidence that could point the finger at the football star.

Mark Kumpf of the Virginia Animal Control Association explained, "You are looking at a piece of evidence that clearly could refute suspect's statements that 'I was never there.'"

They are informants that Kumpf said have proven trustworthy in the past. The informants said they have seen Michael Vick at dog fighting events and suggest there may be a video tape of Vick at a dog fight out there too.

"They have seen Michael Vick at alleged dog fighting events or they have alleged that video tape exists of one of those events," Kumpf said.

If those informants are telling the truth and there is a video somewhere out there, the case against Vick could be a strong one. Three weeks after the start of the investigation, no one has been charged in the case.

The delay has some already asking whether the prosecution is in trouble.

Kumpf said, "A lot of the individuals outside looking in on that investigation are eager to see some resolution."

The Commonwealth's Attorney and investigators will meet next Monday to determine if anyone will be charged.

http://www.wavy.com/Global/story.asp?S=6514434

perhaps the worm is turning?

http://www.observer-reporter.com/OR/Story/s0468_BC_FBN_Vick_Investigati_1stLd_Writethru_05_16_0605

NORFOLK, Va. - A prosecutor, sheriff and investigators are scheduled to meet Monday to review evidence collected in the weeks since dogs and equipment associated with dog fighting were seized from a home owned by NFL star Michael Vick.

No charges have been filed in the case, but Surry County Commonwealth's Attorney Gerald Poindexter said Wednesday as many as six to 10 people could be involved. Dog fighting is a felony in Virginia.

"I'm convinced from what I saw that dog fighting has occurred down there, but who was involved in it I don't know at this point," Poindexter said in a telephone interview, noting that he saw what looked like blood spatters in a room over a garage.

"We're going to find out."

The Atlanta Falcons quarterback has blamed relatives for taking advantage of his generosity and insisted he's rarely at the house - even though he's the owner.

The people possibly involved include those who have lived or been on the premises and people who took care of the dogs and the property, Poindexter said.

He said what looked like blood splatters on the floor of a room over a garage were the "most suggestive evidence of dog fighting. There were blood splatters, and somebody would have to explain to me how you draw blood in the normal training of pit bulls."

Last edited:
The more I hear about dog fighting, The more sick it becomes.. I hope they sit Mike Vick down for half the season.. If the comish wants to come out and lay the hammer down with guys like Pac man and Henry, they Vick should be next for this nonsense..

You folks demonstrate the inherent problem of having juries comprised of the "common man". What you tend to get with such juries is exactly what is illustrated by the majority on this thread - a bunch of gullible fools willing to believe anything that fits your preconceptions of a person. It isn't at all surprising that innocent people are often wrongly convicted.

You folks demonstrate the inherent problem of having juries comprised of the "common man". What you tend to get with such juries is exactly what is illustrated by the majority on this thread - a bunch of gullible fools willing to believe anything that fits your preconceptions of a person. It isn't at all surprising that innocent people are often wrongly convicted.
Get off your high horse. We've all read the same reports, no one disputes that it is Vick's house, that his cousin didn't work and the dog fighting enterprises costs a bundle. Gee, wonder who was footing the bill??? :bricks:

We are talking about torturing animals for entertainment.

I hope that if Vick is, indeed, guilty, his celebrity doesn't absolve him of paying the price. This will be a true litmus test for Goodell because it involves a franchise player.

As David Letterman once said, "In America, if you're really good at football, you get to kill people!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3