PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

UPDATE: Kelly Washington and Patriots are talking about a NEW contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
As of right now, that #2 spot is wide open. Kelly has a good a chance as Gaffney or Jackson. There is no question that he gives 110%. And he has good size. We'll see i guess.

BB always lauded the guy whenever he talked about him. he talked a lot about his reciever abilities.

BB always lauded the guy whenever he talked about him. he talked a lot about his reciever abilities.

But never used him at WR - even to spell the other guys or in blowouts.

BB and Pees also praised Pierre Woods when Colvin went down, but never played him.

Even Duane Starks never had a negative word from the coaches in public.

BB and his staff always praise every player in public. The better indicator for how he views a player is playing time.

But never used him at WR - even to spell the other guys or in blowouts.

you wrong he has indeed talked about his WR skills .

He is the same size has jackson
He was used extensively in running down as blockers due to his size.chad sat on the bench even though they are the same size.
He has won the black jersey a few times for helping the team win the week before , but chad the great never even won it once.
He played blocking TE when TE became short in early part of the schedule.
speed - both player gunner in kr and punt coverage yet kelly seems to make more plays and get to the ball faster.

Last edited:
you wrong he has indeed talked about his WR skills .

I never said he didn't talk about his WR skills. He praised them - he praises every player when asked about them directly.

He was used extensively in running down as blockers due to his size.

He played blocking TE when TE became short in early part of the schedule.

This is wrong. Unless you consider extensively to be 37 offensive plays. In 19 games. As I said, BB praised his offensive skills publicly but he basically never used him - even in blowouts, even in 4 WR sets, never to rest Moss who basically played every offensive play the entire year and no doubt could have used a breather at times.

He has won the black jersey a few times for helping the team win

I love Washington on special teams. I hope he comes back long term in that role. If he is brought back to be a starting WR - it is a big downgrade.

Good news, good news.

I'm calling it right now. He will be the starting WR opposite Moss. The guy has a great work ethic and I see him beating out Chad Jackson for the starting spot. Book it :rocker:

That's tremendous - I didn't even know that they re-signed Moss!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back