PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ugly Game, Tough, Fortunate Win

Status
Not open for further replies.

zippo59

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Even though the team did not play well they still fought hard and did enough to win. That even reinforces the already known fact that they are mentally tough. I thought Buffalo was going to be better than advertised, and against a division opponent on opening day anything can happen. The D really showed up in the second half and the offense made plays when they had to. I am glad we pulled the win out but we have to be better in the future otherwise we won't be so lucky. I'm relieved this one is over.

I wouldnt really it was luck. It was good half time adjustments. Everyone on the team played better in the 2nd half.

desi-patsfan said:
I wouldnt really it was luck. It was good half time adjustments. Everyone on the team played better in the 2nd half.

I'm not saying it was luck. They made plays when they need to. But against a better team who knows if we would have been able to turn around. Regardless this team showed me a lot today, that they can come out of the dumps and pull out a tough win. It's the first game. Tons of teams are losing or aren't playing well who were supposed to be good. The goal of week one is to make enough plays and be fortunate enough to get a win, because anything can happen.

Well, we did play much better in the second half, and we sure have a hell of a running game. THere is lots of room for improvement, however, that is not the WR unit that we hope to see out on the field every week. So it's not like that's all we have to look forward to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents