PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

UFC 101 - Silva vs. Griffin

STFarmy

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Well, Dana's asked Silva to move up a weight class, and he agreed. It's on, Forrest Griffin and Anderson Silva at UFC 101. Obviously Griffin has to be the underdog, but I wouldn't count him out. His ground game is vastly underrated (Randy Couture even says he's one of the best he's sparred with), and his cardio is amazing. But Silva is one of the best in the world. We'll see; I'm pumped.

UFC signs Silva-Griffin blockbuster - MMA - Yahoo! Sports

Thoughts?

Wildo, Whiskey breath, what do you guys think of this?

I'll take Griffin, even though he is the underdog...

I'll take Griffin, even though he is the underdog...

It'll be a good fight that's for sure. I like both, but I'm rooting for Forrest. I do think Silva might take the fight though. Either way, we all win as fans.

Anderson in the LH division is pretty cool, imagine the possibilities...

I'll be rooting for Silva, but if Forrest is really gonna be a big underdog I'll be betting heavily on him. He always shows up big as the underdog and I can really see his size being a huge advantage. I can see a lot of people betting on Forrest though since he's a fan favorite and Anderson's PPVs never really do that well, pushing the line a little closer. Should be a good matchup, I'm pretty psyched for it.

Early prediction: Forrest by decision.

I'll be rooting for Silva, but if Forrest is really gonna be a big underdog I'll be betting heavily on him. He always shows up big as the underdog and I can really see his size being a huge advantage. I can see a lot of people betting on Forrest though since he's a fan favorite and Anderson's PPVs never really do that well, pushing the line a little closer. Should be a good matchup, I'm pretty psyched for it.

Early prediction: Forrest by decision.

It's going to be awesome. As much as I like Silva, I can't root against Forrest. The guys that host the TUF show on Spike always end up either endearing themselves to or repulsing me. And that Forrest/Rampage show really showed how much both of them are genuine, funny, and caring guys. So I'll be rooting for Forrest. Silva in the LH division is great.

Forrest by decision huh? I'm inclined to say Silva by TKO, as much as I want Forrest to win. But you're right, man does he show up when he's the underdog.

Should be a great PPV. I'm a huge Griffin fan so I would love to see him win the fight. I like Silva as well but I wouldn't mind seeing Griffin KO the Spider. I have a hard time seeing that happen though and Silva most likely wins this one.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back