PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

UDFA Signings Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to NFLDraftscout.com:
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]
The Patriots signed the following rookies to free agent contracts: East Carolina OL Josh Coffman, Georgia Tech LB Gary Guyton, Illinois DL Chris Norwell , Liberty OLB Vince Redd, Alabama DE/OLB Keith Saunders, Virginia TE Jonathan Stupar, Portland State DL Casey Tyler...The following rookies will be at rookie minicamp on a tryout basis: North Dakota State P Michael Dragosavich, Troy RB Kenny Cattouse, Colorado TE Tyson De Vree.

[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Two Bulldog stars from the 2007 squad signed NFL free agent contracts less than 24 hours after the NFL draft concluded. Linebacker Marcus Riley, the top defensive player in the WAC in 2007, and center Ryan Wendell, also recognized as the best at his position by WAC coaches, will be moving onto Sunday football. Riley signed with the Green Bay Packers and Wendell with the New England Patriots.

[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Interesting that two of the more intriguing candidates agreed to come on try-out deals.

The Punter, isn't his name Dragosavich?, has perhaps the best chance of making the team of any of these guys. First, he is probably more athletic than either of our two punters. Second, it's not like the Pats punt a whole lot. Third, he would instantly lead the league in apparel sales for a punter.

Then the TE, DeVree, sounds like sort of a Christian Fauria 2006 type. Big, decent blocker, makes a few receptions but all of them are touchdowns. He would essentially eat into Mike Vrabel TE time. Having a guy like that, young, quick, can play special teams, could make more sense than Marcus "Where'd Peyton Go" Pollard.

In general, I think the names to follow are:
Green-Ellis
DeVree
Redd
Guyton
Dragosavich

The Pats commonly add one udfa a year, and it's likely to come from that short list.

The Punter, isn't his name Dragosavich?, has perhaps the best chance of making the team of any of these guys. First, he is probably more athletic than either of our two punters. Second, it's not like the Pats punt a whole lot. Third, he would instantly lead the league in apparel sales for a punter.

If he's signed, how long before the e-mails go in to the Pro Shop? :)

Then the TE, DeVree, sounds like sort of a Christian Fauria 2006 type. Big, decent blocker, makes a few receptions but all of them are touchdowns. He would essentially eat into Mike Vrabel TE time. Having a guy like that, young, quick, can play special teams, could make more sense than Marcus "Where'd Peyton Go" Pollard.

C'mon, admit it, watching Vrabel pwn defenses is too much fun to give up entirely. Besides, he only does it once or twice a season. :D

Mike Reiss just added the following to the list of signed players:

Wendell C
Green-Ellis RB
Feliciano DL
Dillard SS
Smith NT Texas A & M

Wendell C
Green-Ellis RB
Feliciano DL
Dillard SS
Smith NT Texas A & M
The new name here is Henry Smith....thanks...making 15 UDFAs...22 in total..

Wendell C
Green-Ellis RB
Feliciano DL
Dillard SS
Smith NT Texas A & M
There are a few missing...tryouts for Dragosavich, DeVree and Cattouse....AND...DE-OLB Keith Saunders..so I wonder what is going on with him...as he was on the orginal list of those "signed" (still on Draft daddy's list) we will see tomorrow...

Last edited:
Scratch Saunders LB Alabama.

Per Mike Reiss

There are a few missing...tryouts for Dragosavich, DeVree and Cattouse....AND...DE-OLB Keith Saunders..so I wonder what is going on with him...as he was on the orginal list of those "signed" (still on Draft daddy's list) we will see tomorrow...

Mike Reiss just scratched Saunders from the list. I imagine the

others you mentioned will try out along with a few others that we

have not heard about. I can't see how the Pats can have any passing

drills without another wide receiver or two being present.

Scratch Saunders LB Alabama.

Per Mike Reiss
MR is on it ALL the time...I saw that just now...he's n teh ball...REALLY super to have him covering the team...

Per Reiss' head count that 11 UDFA, combined with 7 draftees = 18, the magic number to fill the offseason roster to 80.

NT Henry Smith (Tx A&M) :woohoo: I got one UDFA right! :rofl:

Per Reiss' head count that 11 UDFA, combined with 7 draftees = 18, the magic number to fill the offseason roster to 80.

NT Henry Smith (Tx A&M) :woohoo: I got one UDFA right! :rofl:
and 3 tryouts....actually the draftees do not count UNTIL they sign...or at least it WAS that way before...

With the drafted and undrafted rookies, the Pats have added

three defensive backs, five linebackers, and four defensive

linemen. They are making a concerted attempt to upgrade their

defense for the future

With the drafted and undrafted rookies, the Pats have added

three defensive backs, five linebackers, and four defensive

linemen. They are making a concerted attempt to upgrade their

defense for the future

I think that action speaks volumes about how BB views the endings of the last 2 Patriots seasons.

Last edited:
Just wondering who the other 6 players ARE...all offense..3 RBs...4 WRs.....interesting to see who they MAY be??? I know the PFW guys thought that 2 looked pretty good...

If you have a look on Youtube, there's some profiles and highlights of a few of the UDFA's. Ben-Jarvis Green-Ellis, Gary Guyton certainly.

I asked Mike Reiss a question after he made his post this morning.

I asked whether the Pats had any interest in any of the tryout

players. He indicated that they did and something could happen

as soon as today. At his press conference Belichick indicated that

all decisions would be made by Monday. No word on what players

are involved.

I asked Mike Reiss a question after he made his post this morning.

I asked whether the Pats had any interest in any of the tryout

players. He indicated that they did and something could happen

as soon as today. At his press conference Belichick indicated that

all decisions would be made by Monday. No word on what players

are involved.
I thnk Reiiss is one of many who are interested in who these 6 mystery players are...I know I am...curious...odd that nothing has leaked out..from the colleges..or...

Last edited:
Here are some pictures of Drago from last Sunday (In the Sunday, Funday t-shirt). Was a bummer he didn't get drafted, but a great time was had by all

Attachments

• drago1.jpg
    drago1.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 134
  • drago2.jpg
    drago2.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 132
  • drago3.jpg
    drago3.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 134
He is interesting because he has a big leg and has kicked in bad weather (North Dakota St). However, from the film I saw of him, he is a three step punter, and thats a problem in the NFL.

Just remember though that North Dakota ST. plays in a dome, plus the last few years, some of their road games were in domes (University of MN) for example.
He's a great punter, don't get me wrong, but don't put much stock into the bad weather thing, because their home games are in a dome.

Here are some pictures of Drago from last Sunday (In the Sunday, Funday t-shirt). Was a bummer he didn't get drafted, but a great time was had by all
Is that his girl friend close in front 3trd pick? A close friend...sister?? Just curious..I thought i saw her with a video cam in the half time you tube one...He seems like a character....will be welcomed more for his punting of course..but having someone to loosen the locker room is never bad...GREAT pics! Thanks for posting!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore