PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

UDFA Signees

Hoping for QB Brian Lewerke from Michigan State. Huge hands. Mediocre coaching, turnstile OL, shoulder injury one year.

Considered at one time a potential first-rounder, after his great sophomore season.

Do it, Patriots.

Hoping for QB Brian Lewerke from Michigan State. Huge hands. Mediocre coaching, turnstile OL, shoulder injury one year.

Considered at one time a potential first-rounder, after his great sophomore season.

Do it, Patriots.
Didn't know he was ever rated that highly, but I'm a fan for sure, certainly as a UDFA...just seems solid

I liked a lot of MSU guys this year...Willekes, Bachie, Stewart...all elsewhere now

With Smith in the fold, I don't see NE adding another UDFA QB...maybe a vet down the road if that situation presents itself

Darn the Ravens always draft well and they even got my QB Huntley

My Top UDFAs and where they went:
TE Bryant- DET
K Blankenship- IND
WR Finke- SF
WR Juwan Johnson- NO
FB Slomka- JAX
OT Adams- BUF
CB Taylor- LAR
WR Fuller- SEA
TE Moss- WSH
S Elliot- DET
QB Perkins- LAR
LB Bachie- NO
CB Hill- KC
WR French- KC
WR Stewart- GB
WR Chisena- MIN
OG Magee- NO
LB Divinity- TB
P Townsend- KC

Still unsigned:
RB Guerriero
WR Lee Morris
WR Cannella
LB Quansah
LB Daniel
DB Berry

Jeff Thomas is a big get. Hes. Day 2 talent but has major character concerns.

Zero risk, massive reward. Love the signing.

If I were penalty machine Dee Wise, I would be very, very worried about my job security after hearing of the Michael Coe signing...Unfortunately, besides Coe, Jeff Thomas & Brian Lewerke - and maybe DeJon Harris & Myles Bryant - the rest of Billy's UDFA signings are nothing more than TC tackling dummies...and throwing away $80K at that useless stiff TE from BC is a complete feckin waste of money; we would've LOLed if another team did that...

Last edited:
If I were penalty machine Dee Wise, I would be very, very worried about my job security after hearing of the Michael Coe signing...Unfortunately, besides Coe, Jeff Thomas & Brian Lewerke (and maybe DeJon Harris & Myles Bryant), the rest of Billy's UDFA signings are nothing more than TC tackling dummies...and throwing away $80K at that useless stiff BC TE is a complete feckin disgrace; we would've LOLed if another team did that...
Wise was bullied too many times last year and definitely seemed like the odd man out. You could see it coming the way Bill was building the defense and it hasn't changed yet. I'd be curious what the staff is telling him with all the types we've brought in over the last few years. I remember saying it last off-season, we brought in a lot of guys in the same mold. 250-260 types you can move around.

Not that RB is a major need here with Michel, White, Rex, Bolden, Harris, 2 FBs in Johnson and Vitale and now Taylor, but it's wild to me the leading FCS rusher remains unsigned

Not only this, but he's pretty filthy

To a lesser degree, surprised Lee Morris from Oklahoma is unsigned as well, or even Sal Cannella from Auburn...I know all of them had interest

Not that RB is a major need here with Michel, White, Rex, Bolden, Harris, 2 FBs in Johnson and Vitale and now Taylor, but it's wild to me the leading FCS rusher remains unsigned

Not only this, but he's pretty filthy

To a lesser degree, surprised Lee Morris from Oklahoma is unsigned as well, or even Sal Cannella from Auburn...I know all of them had interest

Love the way Guerriero uses his blocking angles and explodes with confidence through the holes created from them...always moves his feet when being approached by a potential tackler, even while still moving forward...a Danny the Sheriff Woody clone...Unfortunately we are more in need of a Clock Killer right now; perhaps he could be signed as more competition for the Slot position?

Love the way Guerriero uses his blocking angles and explodes with confidence through the holes created from them...always moves his feet when being approached by a potential tackler, even while still moving forward...a Danny the Sheriff Woody clone...Unfortunately we are more in need of a Clock Killer right now; perhaps he could be signed as more competition for the Slot position?
Exactly who he made me think of

Kid serves a shot somewhere

TE Bryant- DET
K Blankenship- IND
WR Finke- SF
WR Juwan Johnson- NO
FB Slomka- JAX
OT Adams- BUF
CB Taylor- LAR
WR Fuller- SEA
TE Moss- WSH
S Elliot- DET
QB Perkins- LAR
LB Bachie- NO
CB Hill- KC
WR French- KC
WR Stewart- GB
WR Chisena- MIN
OG Magee- NO
LB Divinity- TB
P Townsend- KC

Still unsigned:
RB Guerriero
WR Lee Morris
WR Cannella
LB Quansah
LB Daniel
DB Berry

Saw Slomka just got cut

Saw NYJ work out Guerriero however, expected to sign soon apparently...long overdue

Surprised Cannella hasn't been picked up by anyone, actually played his best ball with Stidham, but super raw

TE Bryant- DET
K Blankenship- IND
WR Finke- SF
WR Juwan Johnson- NO
FB Slomka- JAX
OT Adams- BUF
CB Taylor- LAR
WR Fuller- SEA
TE Moss- WSH
S Elliot- DET
QB Perkins- LAR
LB Bachie- NO
CB Hill- KC
WR French- KC
WR Stewart- GB
WR Chisena- MIN
OG Magee- NO
LB Divinity- TB
P Townsend- KC

Still unsigned:
RB Guerriero
WR Lee Morris
WR Cannella
LB Quansah
LB Daniel
DB Berry
Bill not signing Thad Moss in favor of that less-than-useless never-was-and-never-will-be from BC is a slap in the face to Patriots fans everywhere.

If I were penalty machine Dee Wise, I would be very, very worried about my job security after hearing of the Michael Coe signing...
So much for the Michael Coe-instead-of-Dee-Wise thingy...

Bill not signing Thad Moss in favor of that less-than-useless never-was-and-never-will-be from BC is a slap in the face to Patriots fans everywhere.

So much for the Michael Coe-instead-of-Dee-Wise thingy...
Believe they offered, but WSH called first

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back