PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Two more scouting reports are up!

Good stuff as usual.

For shaheen, I have been working off a chandler comparison, more than a gronk comparison.

For me, he doesn't look like has quite the blocking ability, but has the speed to be dangerous down the seam, like Chandler.

Fantastic physical makeup, but this diamond is going to need a lot of polish. Would be a fascinating case study if they were to take a chance on him.

@MWPF

We shared a crush last year (Higbee), and it looks like we'll share a crush again this year.

Where do you see Shaheen get drafted?

Everybody sounds fun in a scouting report

Whats the difference between anzalone and mingo? There the same size, both weigh 240 and are pretty much the same height. If mingo is to light to play LB here why is alzalone ok.
240 is not the same on every player. Mingo is longer and leaner looking. I think with Mingo, it has more to do with on field performance than because of weight.

@MWPF

We shared a crush last year (Higbee), and it looks like we'll share a crush again this year.

Where do you see Shaheen get drafted?
I think he is a 5th round talent.

Good stuff as usual.

For shaheen, I have been working off a chandler comparison, more than a gronk comparison.

For me, he doesn't look like has quite the blocking ability, but has the speed to be dangerous down the seam, like Chandler.

Fantastic physical makeup, but this diamond is going to need a lot of polish. Would be a fascinating case study if they were to take a chance on him.
I really struggled even typing the word Gronk when I did this writeup because it is tough to compare someone to the best. What made me think of Gronk were some of his catches as he crossed over the middle and was able to bend easily and pluck those low balls while keeping his balance and momentum. That is a difficult catch for most TE's and many of them struggle to stay upright to make it.
Shaheen will have a huge learning curve from a blocking standpoint for sure.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
Back