PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Two fun facts coming out of the Saints game......

Status
Not open for further replies.

brdmaverick

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
On Sunday Brady won his first regular season game facing New Orleans on the road. If I'm not mistaken that leaves the Buccaneers and Seahawks as the only teams he has not beaten on the road. He'll get a chance to win in Tampa later this year.

Rex Burkhead TD reception - someone started a thread earlier this year that Brady will tie the record for pass receivers if he throws to a TD to 6 new receivers this year. Well, with Burkhead's reception that is ONE DOWN.....five to go. I was sure Cooks was going to be the first on his list this year.

On Sunday Brady won his first regular season game facing New Orleans on the road. If I'm not mistaken that leaves the Buccaneers and Seahawks as the only teams he has not beaten on the road. He'll get a chance to win in Tampa later this year.

Rex Burkhead TD reception - someone started a thread earlier this year that Brady will tie the record for pass receivers if he throws to a TD to 6 new receivers this year. Well, with Burkhead's reception that is ONE DOWN.....five to go. I was sure Cooks was going to be the first on his list this year.

Dorsett should make 3 pretty soon, if Sunday is any indication. Dwayne Allen will presumably make four at some point. After that, I suppose Gillislee could end up being one. Harder to find a fifth, maybe Jacob Hollister.

Dorsett should make 3 pretty soon, if Sunday is any indication. Dwayne Allen will presumably make four at some point. After that, I suppose Gillislee could end up being one. Harder to find a fifth, maybe Jacob Hollister.
Then Cody Hollister could be six.

In the record books the Patriots and Brady beat the Bucs in a home game for Tampa Bay in 2009. In actuality it was a neutral site game in London, with the Patriots having a shorter flight and more fans at the stadium.

Pats won easily, 35-7 to advance to 5-2; Tampa Bay dropped to 0-7. That was the short lived Rah-Rah Raheem Morris regime for the Bucs, post-Gruden and pre-Schiano.

Patriots’ win in London too bloody easy - The Boston Globe

Brady, Patriots spank winless Buccaneers 35-7

Tampa Bay Buccaneers fire head coach Raheem Morris

I had forgotten about the Seahawks. Pats beat then with Cassel at QB in 2008 at Seattle. Sammy Morris scored on a 4th and goal at the one, then Brandon Meriweather forced a fumble that Richard Seymour recovered. The Pats outscored Seattle 11-0 in the 4th quarter to win by 3. Aside from SB 49, there was also a win in 2004, but that was in Foxborough.

Patriots rally past Seahawks for ‘biggest win of the year’ - The Boston Globe

Good point @jmt57 in pointing out that Brady has beaten the Bucs and Seahawks on the road, even if it wasn't on the other team's home field.

hard to imagine allen got 46 snaps on Sunday against a sieve defense when brady went nuts and allen got 0 receptions. i'm starting to hope he just remains a secret weapon until the afccg until he breaks out with 8 receptions for 90 yards or something.

hard to imagine allen got 46 snaps on Sunday against a sieve defense when brady went nuts and allen got 0 receptions. i'm starting to hope he just remains a secret weapon until the afccg until he breaks out with 8 receptions for 90 yards or something.
I really do think that's it. They were using him a bunch in the red zone, motioning him all over the place, he just never brought in a pass. I'm predicting he'll have a crazy breakout in one of the upcoming weeks. He's a talented and versatile TE and they're definitely using him in a bunch of ways. I'm very confident it'll all come together in a big way at some point.

Are you guys talking about Allen catching a TD pass? He hasn't shown any ability to catch at all since arriving here. He's clearly outside Brady's circle of trust. When the announcers mentioned Hooman, I wished we had him instead of Allen. I'd love to see him turn it around, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Allen catching a TD pass? He hasn't shown any ability to catch at all since arriving here. .
Did you notice this from the training camp sessions?

I can see it now......a weekly "Is this the week Ochocinco, I mean Dwayne Allen, breaks out?" thread.

Last edited:
Are you guys talking about Allen catching a TD pass? He hasn't shown any ability to catch at all since arriving here. He's clearly outside Brady's circle of trust. When the announcers mentioned Hooman, I wished we had him instead of Allen. I'd love to see him turn it around, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.
th
"Once you're out, you're out Greg. There's no getting back in."

In the record books the Patriots and Brady beat the Bucs in a home game for Tampa Bay in 2009. In actuality it was a neutral site game in London, with the Patriots having a shorter flight and more fans at the stadium.

Pats won easily, 35-7 to advance to 5-2; Tampa Bay dropped to 0-7. That was the short lived Rah-Rah Raheem Morris regime for the Bucs, post-Gruden and pre-Schiano.

Patriots’ win in London too bloody easy - The Boston Globe

Brady, Patriots spank winless Buccaneers 35-7

Tampa Bay Buccaneers fire head coach Raheem Morris

I had forgotten about the Seahawks. Pats beat then with Cassel at QB in 2008 at Seattle. Sammy Morris scored on a 4th and goal at the one, then Brandon Meriweather forced a fumble that Richard Seymour recovered. The Pats outscored Seattle 11-0 in the 4th quarter to win by 3. Aside from SB 49, there was also a win in 2004, but that was in Foxborough.

Super Bowl XLIX was a de facto road game for the Patriots, between venue, fans, media, environment, atmosphere - even uniforms. Which made the win even sweeter.

...I had forgotten about the Seahawks. Pats beat then with Cassel at QB in 2008 at Seattle. Sammy Morris scored on a 4th and goal at the one, then Brandon Meriweather forced a fumble that Richard Seymour recovered. The Pats outscored Seattle 11-0 in the 4th quarter to win by 3. Aside from SB 49, there was also a win in 2004, but that was in Foxborough.

They should've won at Seattle in 2012, easily.

No they shouldn't have. Tavon Wilson happened.

Even when including the late-game coverage "issues" of the 2nd-round (!?!) Error Repeater, the Pats blew multiple chances to put the game away, far away. Hell, even Seattle's first TD should never, ever have been allowed to happen.

If it makes you feel better I'm sure I could think of a few road wins they did get that they were close to losing.

Surprisingly Washington makes this list. Brady lost to them in 2004 and they needed a last minute defensive stand in 2011 to wrap up that win.

Perhaps the Giants, too. Even though Brady won twice there they were both nail biters (2007 and 2015).

Kansas City.....unless my memory is failing me, I only recall Brady winning in KC in 2004. I feel like that one came down to the wire in which a strip sack sealed the game.

Well noone predicted Lengel and Floyd for last year as they weren't on the team at this point of the year. So ........... yeah. Hard to predict.

Taking a step back, it's pretty incredible Brady is getting a second shot at a road win in Tampa. After the division realignment in 2002, road games against NFC foes worked out to once every 8 years*. 2009 rolled around and the Tampa game was in London. That would have been the lone shot for every other QB out there 10 years into their career. Yet here we are in season 18.

Regards,
Chris

* Save for the NFCW schedule tweak in 2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back