PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Turnovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

cstjohn17

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I hope this becomes an area of focus, Brady is on pace to throw the most interceptions in his career and there have been a lot of fumbles.

In the second half on the season I would like to see this turnaround.

At least 4 of the picks literally hit the receiver in their hands. A few of them couldn't have been thrown better. Hes also had a few "bleep it" throws where he passed where he knew he shouldn't. I'm not worried about him.

Like apple or pineapple?

The Michel one was forgivable since his knee was twisted into a pretzel. A good percentage of the Brady INT's are ricochets off the receiver's hands...so that's more on the pass catcher than the pass thrower.

I'm not too worried about it. The ball bounces in weird ways.

The worst interception totals for Brady would be the best for many QBs. I'm not worried about this. After all, he had virtually nobody to throw to besides Gronk quadruple teamed, as Hogan disappeared during the first four games. What i do like is it seems they're getting picks and opportunities they've missed, which they haven't seemed to in a while.

He won't have more than 7 INT's that were his fault by the end

In this era of the NFL morphing into passketball, more interceptions are sure to follow.

Serious question: how many of those INTs are Brady's fault, in your estimation?

I went and looked at the highlights from every game. Now, I’m a complete homer and wear blinders but I will say roughly half of the interceptions are Brady’s fault. I counted four that are not questionable. There’s the other portion where it seemed more like a ****up by the receiver

• Agree
Reactions: jah
It probably is an "area of focus" and no one is more focused on this than Tom Brady...

There are times that he and his receivers seem out of sync, wonder if missing the OTA's robbed him of valuable opportunity to work on timing.. otoh maybe not and this is just an aberration..

It probably is an "area of focus" and no one is more focused on this than Tom Brady...

There are times that he and his receivers seem out of sync, wonder if missing the OTA's robbed him of valuable opportunity to work on timing.. otoh maybe not and this is just an aberration..

You are correct my freind. I mean what did anyone think would happen?
1. You trade cooks
2. You let dola walk
3. Edelman wanted to Gordon it up for a while and miss four games
4. You bring in guys who barely escaped ray Lewis
5. Now there are interceptions. Doy!

I went and looked at the highlights from every game. Now, I’m a complete homer and wear blinders but I will say roughly half of the interceptions are Brady’s fault. I counted four that are not questionable. There’s the other portion where it seemed more like a ****up by the receiver

So, the four that are unquestionably on Brady = 9 INTs when extrapolated for the full 16-game season. Add back the three "freakish" WR bobbles into the awaiting hands of a defender, and the total comes to 12 (assuming there are no more of those) for the season.

The last season in which Brady threw as many as 12 INTs was 2011. Since then, he's averaged about 8/yr.

For comparison, among current starting QBs, there are
- three with 10 picks each
- four with 8
- three others besides Brady with 7
- and seven guys with 6.

In 2017, half the starting QBs in the league had 12 or more INTs.

In this era of the NFL morphing into passketball, more interceptions are sure to follow.
Yeah, with more pass attempts more interceptions usually follow. A more relevant statistic might be INTs/PA. And let's hope that as the weather becomes colder, those teams who play in domes and in the south start seeing their TOs rise, especially when they're on the road, and the Pats TOs hold steady.
However, it appears that TOs are more damaging to us because our defense seems practically incapable of holding the other guys to punts or even FGs whenever we do turn the ball over to them. That's the issue with which I have the most concern.

Yeah, with more pass attempts more interceptions usually follow. A more relevant statistic might be INTs/PA. And let's hope that as the weather becomes colder, those teams who play in domes and in the south start seeing their TOs rise, especially when they're on the road, and the Pats TOs hold steady.
However, it appears that TOs are more damaging to us because our defense seems practically incapable of holding the other guys to punts or even FGs whenever we do turn the ball over to them. That's the issue with which I have the most concern.

Brady's career INT % (of PA) is 1.8%. He's tied for second place with Kaepernick(believe it or not), behind Rodgers at 1.5%.

Brady's 2018 percentage is 2.8% so far - the 3rd worst of his career - although I expect that number will be lower by the end of the season.

That (temporary) 2.8% is still lower than the career INT % for a crap-tonne of other QB "greats", including, Aikman (3%), Marino (3%), Beldsoe (3.1%), Elway (3.1%), Simms (3.4%), and at least a dozen other HoF QBs from the Superbowl Era.

Seriously, Brady's WORST single-season INT% (3.0% in 2004) is still better than the career % for all but about 40 QBs in NFL history.

Brady is also #4 on the all-time Pass Attempts list, behind Peyton at #3 (2.7% career INT %), Brees at #2 (2.4% career INT%) and Favre at #1 (3.3% career INT%), and may pass Peyton pass attempts mark yet this season.

The Bills came didn't make me feel better, sure conditions were not ideal but Brady threw at least 3-4 very dangerous passes, a couple could have easily been a pick six.

Not used to seeing Brady such make poor reads and then place the ball in dangerous spots.

Hoping for better in the 2nd half of the season.

Brady certainly hasn't been having his best season but half of the INTs aren't on him.

So, the four that are unquestionably on Brady = 9 INTs when extrapolated for the full 16-game season. Add back the three "freakish" WR bobbles into the awaiting hands of a defender, and the total comes to 12 (assuming there are no more of those) for the season.

The last season in which Brady threw as many as 12 INTs was 2011. Since then, he's averaged about 8/yr.

- four with 8
- and seven guys with 6.

Ya know. It’s really irritating how you derail every single thread with math and ****.

- four with 8
- and seven guys with 6.

Since the year you chose, 2011, brady has had 10 streaks of 3 games or more without an int, almost 2 per year.
So I don’t think “on pace” is really a valuable factor with something that is pretty much an anomaly.

Definitely a disappointing aspect fo this year's squad. They seem to cough it up multiple time almost every single game. Brady, in particular, his INT numbers are disappointing. The expectation of him is under 10 pick a year, he's pace to go over that by a large margin. This team isn't clicking yet, I suspect some solid adjustment after the bye.

The dream scenario is to peak in December and can carry it to the playoff all the way to February. As usual, it's a Lombardy or bust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes