PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Player Departure Trent Brown to Cincy 1YR

We could do so much better: breathe Biscuit breathe lamb to the slaughter.
Avoid The Office GIF

We losing the off-season Super Bowl !

It will be funny to read the coming stream of posts yelling at the FO for not resigning him. Ironic since most of those posters are the same mooks who slammed him relentlessly just a few months ago.

The truth is that one of the biggest musts of this rebuild is to acquire players who are 100% all in. As good as Trent CAN be, when he wants to, he is completely unreliable. I bet the contract will be under $10MM AV with lots of playing time incentives, so it will be a low risk signing to hope they get his best for at least one season.

Yeah, maybe worth checking in now and then and see how he does with the Bengals.

@JackBauer is he below really you?? I would have never guessed. :rolleyes:

Dummy Feeling Dumb GIF

It's a gamble but if it pays off for the Bungles and they have a motivated Brown the Bengals will be a team to watch in the AFC
Trent Brown is better than Jonah Williams who signed for a boat load good thing K Murray can run. Burrow will be protected can't say the same about the Patriots QB.

There’s a notable lack of contract details, even more than three hours later. When the money is good, you generally hear that within minutes.

He was pretty rough on NE in his comments…def was never a fit to return.

Next month T. Brown turns 31 years old and he is still signing and playing on “Prove-It” contracts at this stage of his career. Shows two things: 1) he didn’t “prove it” with last years contract despite his PFF grading 2) he simply plays when he wants to and if he doesn’t change this year then he won’t have to worry about anymore “Prove-It” contracts…

It will be funny to read the coming stream of posts yelling at the FO for not resigning him. Ironic since most of those posters are the same mooks who slammed him relentlessly just a few months ago.

The truth is that one of the biggest musts of this rebuild is to acquire players who are 100% all in. As good as Trent CAN be, when he wants to, he is completely unreliable. I bet the contract will be under $10MM AV with lots of playing time incentives, so it will be a low risk signing to hope they get his best for at least one season.
This post gets an A+ for the use of "mooks."

Will he drive them crazy like he did in New England?

A one year deal. Apparently Cincy did their homework on our man Trent's (ahem) 'compete level'

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back