PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Transferring individual tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDelVecchio88

Rookie
Reaction score
Hey guys, paranoid first-year season ticket holder here. I can't make it to the first playoff game, so I was thinking about being a nice guy and giving my tickets to my wife's nephew and friends. They're ages 22-24, so you know how that goes. While I think there's a VERY SLIM CHANCE they'd do something to get kicked out of their seats, I'm always concerned about it.

So here's my question. I know when you post tickets for sale on the Ticket Exchange, you're not liable for anything that might happen in your seats. Is the same true when you TRANSFER individual game tickets to someone via email, or are you still responsible in that case?

Again, I know this is super paranoid, but I'm sure you all can understand where I'm coming from. Thanks!

Go to patriots.com and get the email address for the ticket office and or their phone number. A couple of days go I had to find out abut updating my cc info and i emailed them. They called me within 10 minutes with an answer.

I have a feeling you are still responsible for those using your seats under your season ticket account. Just make sure they behave themselves!

Hey guys, paranoid first-year season ticket holder here. I can't make it to the first playoff game, so I was thinking about being a nice guy and giving my tickets to my wife's nephew and friends. They're ages 22-24, so you know how that goes. While I think there's a VERY SLIM CHANCE they'd do something to get kicked out of their seats, I'm always concerned about it.

So here's my question. I know when you post tickets for sale on the Ticket Exchange, you're not liable for anything that might happen in your seats. Is the same true when you TRANSFER individual game tickets to someone via email, or are you still responsible in that case?

Again, I know this is super paranoid, but I'm sure you all can understand where I'm coming from. Thanks!
My understand is that you are responsible for whoever you give your ticket to, but since the team sponsors ticket exchange and only STH or waiting listers can be on, that is the exception, and the person buying on the ticket exchange is liable. In other words, the only way you are not responsible for the actions of who uses your ticket is if you use ticket exchange.

My understand is that you are responsible for whoever you give your ticket to, but since the team sponsors ticket exchange and only STH or waiting listers can be on, that is the exception, and the person buying on the ticket exchange is liable. In other words, the only way you are not responsible for the actions of who uses your ticket is if you use ticket exchange.

That's what I suspected. I'll give them a thorough lecture :) Thanks for the help everyone!

Listen, you can tell them alll about responsibility, but thats not going to work, and we both know it. The correct advice is "If you do something stupid and get pulled out of your seats, you lost your tickets and you can't remember which seat number you were". Then at least it doesn't blow back on you :)

I highly recommend emailing the ticket office. I get a response within 24 hours, and they are always courteous.

Just my take, but if I thought there was any chance these fools could f### up enough to get my season tickets yanked, I wouldn't even think of offering them. You're a hell of a lot nicer guy than I'd be in that situation.

Just my take, but if I thought there was any chance these fools could f### up enough to get my season tickets yanked, I wouldn't even think of offering them. You're a hell of a lot nicer guy than I'd be in that situation.

Yeah, pretty much this.

Considering that I'll probably never see the end of the wait list in my lifetime, I'd only give them to people I knew could behave. I'd flatly tell less responsible people "no, hit up StubHub".

I enjoy watching on the TV more to be honest. I have been to a few games. The playoff game against Tennessee when it was 3 degrees was one of them, back in 2003. My beer froze before I returned to my seat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes