PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Training Camp Thread 8/8/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Derek Havens

Brandon Gibson among several WRs getting extra reps with LaFell, Edelman, Dobson and Tyms not at practice. Good opportunity for some guys

Derek Havens

Brandon Gibson among several WRs getting extra reps with LaFell, Edelman, Dobson and Tyms not at practice. Good opportunity for some guys

I think [based on no preseason views obviously] that Gibson sticks. He offers a different type of receiver that could get intermediate yards with his athleticism, plus he's been consistent in the NFL. To me, Dobson and Tyms are fighting for one job.

That's five receivers, with Tyms and Boyce on the PS

I think [based on no preseason views obviously] that Gibson sticks. He offers a different type of receiver that could get intermediate yards with his athleticism, plus he's been consistent in the NFL. To me, Dobson and Tyms are fighting for one job.

I was impressed with Gibson last weekend.

Derek Havens

Another player banged up, this time it's RB Travaris Cadet. He just walked off the field and presumably into the locker room. #Patriots

I was at TC yesterday and Gibson and Boyce both looked really good--both caught everything that was thrown to them, as far as I could tell

I was impressed with Gibson last weekend.
Gibson is an interesting case. When all the receivers were on the field (except LaFell), there were some negative reports on him. Now that he's getting a lot of reps, there's positive reports.

@jeffphowe: Brady was 7 of 7 today with a 60-yard TD run. Garoppolo was 13 of 24 with an INT (bad Krause drop was picked by Ryan).

Brady's camp comp. % now at 80%.

Season is going to be awesome

@DougKyedNESN: Patriots rookie cornerback Darryl Roberts had another pass breakup this morning. He's showing a lot of upside in camp.

Gronnkkkk!...er, oops...Jaaaake!

In 7-on-7s early in practice, Jake Bequette had an impressive diving grab on a pass from Brady

Christopher Price

Garoppolo was 8-for-13 with a TD pass to James White, but had some bad throws in there, including a ball batted down at the line.

Also Chris Price

Will be interesting to see how Jimmy G goes in the pre-season games - I get the impression he's yet to convince he can carry the offence comfortably in TC.

@DougKyedNESN: Patriots rookie cornerback Darryl Roberts had another pass breakup this morning. He's showing a lot of upside in camp.
I want to see him in a preseason game, but I'm very close to declaring him the second coming of Malcom Butler.

@jeffphowe: Brady was 7 of 7 today with a 60-yard TD run. Garoppolo was 13 of 24 with an INT (bad Krause drop was picked by Ryan).

Brady's camp comp. % now at 80%.

Season is going to be awesome

Brady ran 60 yards for a TD?

Seems like the football gods are against us once again, with all of these injuries. Seems like 2-3 key guys go down every day. Gonna have to get Randy Vataha back to play receiver with all the receivers gone. Nice to hear Boyce having a good camp, really thought he wasn't gonna make it, now he seems to have a good chance, especially with Dobson having his usual injuries and Lafell being iffy for god knows how long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST