Trades and stuff...

Boston Boxer

U.S. Air Force Retired
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
So I read today that ATL want Jeff Green and they are exploring a trade...not much detail right now. This got me thinking and I will admit I dont follow basketball like the other sports. Do you think the Celtics are gearing up for a run at LeBon? Dont kill me because like i said, i am not clued into basketball but it certainly looks like we are going after draft picks and expiring contracts for a possible big name in the off season.

Just talking out loud but what do you guys think?

EDIT: I remember why I dont really follow basketball any longer. Just caught the celtics v. Mavs game and cant believe that we dont have ANYONE that can shoot the ball consistantly well. I understand that we are rebuilding but damn, that was brutal

So I read today that ATL want Jeff Green and they are exploring a trade...not much detail right now. This got me thinking and I will admit I dont follow basketball like the other sports. Do you think the Celtics are gearing up for a run at LeBon? Dont kill me because like i said, i am not clued into basketball but it certainly looks like we are going after draft picks and expiring contracts for a possible big name in the off season.

Just talking out loud but what do you guys think?

EDIT: I remember why I dont really follow basketball any longer. Just caught the celtics v. Mavs game and cant believe that we dont have ANYONE that can shoot the ball consistantly well. I understand that we are rebuilding but damn, that was brutal

I would take a rack of basketballs for Jeff Green ... Love to trade Rondo also. I Like Olynyk and Sullinger and Bradley and Pressey for now and trade everyone and anyone else. We're too good to get a top 5 pick right now and we need to get worse.

I would take a rack of basketballs for Jeff Green ... Love to trade Rondo also. I Like Olynyk and Sullinger and Bradley and Pressey for now and trade everyone and anyone else. We're too good to get a top 5 pick right now and we need to get worse.

Why trade Rondo? Unless he and Stevens aren't getting along, I think he's the caliber of player you build around rather than trade for draft picks in hopes of getting a player of his caliber.

Why trade Rondo? Unless he and Stevens aren't getting along, I think he's the caliber of player you build around rather than trade for draft picks in hopes of getting a player of his caliber.

Because IMO Rondo does not make those around him better and you're best player on the team should make those around him better. Sullinger has more impact upon his teammates than Rondo IMO.

hes a free agent after next year. maybe they don't think they can resign him.
I think Rondo is trying to say all of the right things and genuinely wants to be seen as a leader and not as a source of trouble. But, I can't escape the feeling that unless Danny does something of a blockbuster nature in bringing some elite talent here, that he'll leave when he becomes a FA.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back