PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Top Ten Greatest Athletes To Play For Robert Kraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Actual Pats Fan

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
1. Tom Brady

He's the consensus GOAT at his position, joining fellow Patriot John Hannah, and earning his place on Boston's Mt. Rushmore. He's only played for the Patriots and I hope it stays that way.

Hog, of course, was fed up and was ready to demand a trade himself. His dad instructed him to stop whining and grow up. Fortunately, Eason got hurt and Steve took us to a Super Bowl before John retired.

2. Martina Navratilova

The Boston Lobsters picked her up in a trade for Wendy Turnbull in 1977. Martina was only 20, shy, introverted, and emotional; nevertheless she led World Team Tennis in game-winning percentage in women's singles and won 32 of the 39 sets she played. She also teamed with Greer "Cat" Stevens to lead WTT in game-winning percentage in women's doubles.

Her accomplishments speak for themselves. Maybe she's not as good as Margaret Court or Serena Williams, but, well, I'm not ready to bet against her.

3. Roy Emerson

Roy became the Lobsters' player-coach the same year. He is the only male player to have completed a Career Grand Slam (winning titles at all four Grand Slam events) in both singles and doubles, and the only man to have completed a double Career Grand Slam in singles. His 28 major titles are the all-time record for a male player.

And he's only the second best player from Australiao_O

4. Adam Vinatieri

At a position that is confounding to everyone including those who play it, Adam confounded experts and especially opponents with his ability to convert in the most high-pressure, physically hostile and emotionally nerve-wracking circumstances. His astonishing longevity and several league records actually take a back seat to his clutch reputation. I would not be surprised to learn someday that he is related to Tom.

5. Doug Flutie

Doug surprised many when he signed with us instead of the Giants in 2005. Younger fans remember his drop kick extra point on New Year's Day, but he was briefly The Man in Foxborough before being stupidly benched for Tony Eason at the end of 1988.

I eliminate John Madden's subtly qualifying terms, and I specifically believe that Flutie in his prime was the best quarterback of his generation. Young and Moon and Elway fans can moan all they want, but if you give all the breaks that Joe Montana, to many the prior GOAT, had to Flutie, he's good for at least a couple of Super Bowls. Here in New England. Somewhere else, maybe more. Montana (and Brady too, for that matter) had their fair share of picks and klunkers, and they got to stay in there.

6. Randy Moss

Playing a position populated professionally by freak athletes, Randy was THE freak. Local fans like to think he was dogging it after 2007, but I did not see it. I found it similar to Bruins fans who used to boo Ken Hodge. Some guys just have a demeanor that says "Hey, I'm getting paid a ton more than you, and I can take it easy and mail it in." Makes no sense to me, Hodge never shied away from mixing it up.

Anyway, Randy came here and gave it his all, until he just had to get out. I hoped that would never happen with Tom. We'll see.

7. Rodney Harrison

Wait, what? I can hear you. Pats fans have been spoiled over the years with the likes of Prentice McCray, Roland James and other unsung hitters getting it done out there with the best of them.

The numbers only begin to tell the story with Rodney. Maybe he'll never get to the HOF. Doesn't matter.

I still can't believe the Chargers let him go, and that he came here.

8. Bruce Armstrong

Imagine if this guy played ten years after.

No, no, I mean - Oh crap, you know what I mean. Sheesh.

9. Wes Welker

I just can't ignore those numbers. He belongs in Canton.

10. Ty Law

I'm not fighting the Law. Too old, too tired.

Mohamed Sanu says hi.

(But seriously where the fck is Gronk?)

Ebner played in the Olympics.

1. Tom Brady
  2. Larry Whigham
  3. Randy Moss
  4. Ty Law
  5. Logan Mankins
  6. Matt Light
  7. Adam Vinatieri
  8. Rob Gronkowski
  9. Willie McGinest
  10. Vince Wilfork

He is married to Kenyatta Whigham and now resides in Houston, Texas.

Whigham, a special teams standout and improving db, was cut because the team didn't want 1998 #1 draft pick (& future draft bust) Tebucky Jones pressured by the presence of LW25 ... One of the most disappointing moves BB ever made... Whigham was a versatile player... Cannot fathom why BB did that... Very un-Belichick like move

Albert Lee was awesome

Wtf is a woman tennis player from the 1970s doing on this list? In the 2 spot no less.

Don’t know what the requirements are for this thread? Think it’s the word athlete that throws me off here.

I loved Whigham as much as the next guy but #2 has got be the best man crush ever to put him number 2. Have you watched Slater play lately?

Don’t know what the requirements are for this thread? Think it’s the word athlete that throws me off here.

I loved Whigham as much as the next guy but #2 has got be the best man crush ever to put him number 2. Have you watched Slater play lately?
Larry! Larry!Larry!....

It's a Section 12 thing... Goads Toads ftw

Any list without Troy Brown on it is not a list. Pretty simple people.

1. LuLu
2. Mingbi
3. Brady (Kyle)
4. Ricki Lander
5. AB
6. Haynesworth
7. Troy Brown (@Tony2046 )
8. Ochocinco
9. Kenny Chesney
10. Meek Mill

Gotta think it thru, but yeah..Brady is #1 on the list.....and Moss/Gronk belong on it too.

I drove him a quarter mile up a cobblestone hill and then had to run back to finish the shift. I clearly belong on the list somewhere.

Any list without Troy Brown on it is not a list. Pretty simple people.
I must tell you that I really saw Troy's image in my mind doing this, and I really do consider him to in fact be an elite player.

I think of Troy and Tedi. Other qualified guys are Sey, and maybe even Squirrel.

Wtf is a woman tennis player from the 1970s doing on this list? In the 2 spot no less.

Robert Kraft owned the Boston Lobsters WTT franchise in the 1970's. They were very good, and fun to watch.

It was an important experience for him as a predecessor to buying the Patriots.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye