PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Top 10 QBs

Status
Not open for further replies.
you have to pretty much lump them all together.......I'd say they're all pretty even and that the situations they were placed in put them in the particular order......

simply put, nobody ever threw the ball like dan marino....single best and fastest release in the history of the game and why he isn't the model for every aspiring QB is beyond me

I'm not a fan of Farve at all. I'd replace him with Warren Moon.

Going to be hard for ANY player in our lifetime to beat out Montana for best QB of all-time,its going to take someone beyond amazing - Brady and Manning are great, but not Montana level

you have to pretty much lump them all together.......I'd say they're all pretty even and that the situations they were placed in put them in the particular order......

simply put, nobody ever threw the ball like dan marino....single best and fastest release in the history of the game and why he isn't the model for every aspiring QB is beyond me

Best throwing QB I ever saw was Dan Fouts IMO,He may not be in the catagory of players with high stats like Marino but man,he could throw the rock quickly and on target.

Well, Brady does have a better playoff record. Though one less Superbowl.

Brady: win percentage in playoffs: .778

Montana: win percentage in playoffs: .696

1. Otto Graham
2. Bart Starr
3. Sid Luckman
4. Joe Montana
5. Terry Bradshaw
6. Roger Staubach
7. Tommy

I have him as 7th best.

One more SB would put him around 5th.

2 more around 2nd.

I think it's best to rank them by tiers. You just can't compare different generations with different rules.

Super Bowl Era

Tier One- Tom Brady, John Elway, Joe Montana

Tier Two- Troy Aikman, Terry Bradshaw, Peyton Manning, Dan Marino, Roger Staubach, Steve Young

Tier Three- Dan Fouts, Fran Tarkenton, Jim Kelly, Donovan McNabb, Warren Moon, Ken Stabler

Tier Four- Ken Anderson, Drew Brees, Brett Favre, Kurt Warner

I know I left out Joe Namath. He sucks, and he didn't play well in the "the most important game ever." And Favre is lucky to get fourth tier, if you base a quarterback on the percentages he gives the team to win a game.

1. Otto Graham
2. Bart Starr
3. Sid Luckman
4. Joe Montana
5. Terry Bradshaw
6. Roger Staubach
7. Tommy

I have him as 7th best.

One more SB would put him around 5th.

2 more around 2nd.

2 more and he's only SECOND? That would mean he won 5 Superbowls and made it to 6.

I think it's best to rank them by tiers. You just can't compare different generations with different rules.

Super Bowl Era

Tier One- Tom Brady, John Elway, Joe Montana

Tier Two- Troy Aikman, Terry Bradshaw, Peyton Manning, Dan Marino, Roger Staubach, Steve Young

Tier Three- Dan Fouts, Fran Tarkenton, Jim Kelly, Donovan McNabb, Warren Moon, Ken Stabler

Tier Four- Ken Anderson, Drew Brees, Brett Favre, Kurt Warner

I know I left out Joe Namath. He sucks, and he didn't play well in the "the most important game ever." And Favre is lucky to get fourth tier, if you base a quarterback on the percentages he gives the team to win a game.

Joe Namath does suck.

2 more and he's only SECOND? That would mean he won 5 Superbowls and made it to 6.

Well, Otto Graham was more prolific in his era and he went to 10 straight championships winning 7 of them.

Starr - Not quite a prolific as Tommy (it's close), but he won 5 championships.
Luckman - More prolific than Tom and won 4 championships.
Montana - More prolific than Tom and won 4 championships.
Bradshaw - Not quite as prolific as Tommy, but won 4 championships.
Staubach - More prolific and won 2 championships.

Hard to compare Otto Graham to Brady because of the different time periods. But I'd have to say if Brady won 2 more Superbowls (or if he had won the one in 2007) it would be indisputable that he was the greatest QB of all time.

Hard to compare Otto Graham to Brady because of the different time periods. But I'd have to say if Brady won 2 more Superbowls (or if he had won the one in 2007) it would be indisputable that he was the greatest QB of all time.

I took that into account.

Well, how do you think he'd do under today's NFL if he was in his prime?

Joe Montana for me is the undisputed no.1 at this time, I'd love to say its Tom Brady but he needs two more rings before I could say that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes