PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Jackson really is a troll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Typical Tom Jackson quote. Open mouth, insert foot.

Well he is right. At this exact moment, I'd rather have Cutler than Brady too. Three weeks ago at this time? No. A year from now? No. But today, sure.

You still think you'd rather have Cutler today? :D

I'm watching Countdown right now and first he claimed that Jay Cutler is a better passer than Brady right now and will be a better quarterback in the future.

A few minutes later they compared the '08 Cowboys to the '07 Patriots and Tom said that the Cowboys this year are as or MORE talented than our offense last year. Romo is as good as Brady, Owens is the equivalent of Moss (the only real point he had), Witten is as good as Welker.

Most trolls are known to be that way, but Jackson is a respected senior commentator at ESPN. It's really disappointing.
I agree that Jackson is biased against the Pats, but respected? Tom Jackson?

Last edited:
I was listening to ESPN radio on my way to work today,because its the only radio show I can get where I live that has NFL stuff,and TJ was on talking about Plexico Burress and his
suspension.When they statrted talking about Coughlin and his"old-school" discipline I was waiting for Jackson to exclaim"They hate their coach!"" They hate thier coach!"...

I agree that Jackson is biased against the Pats, but respected? Tom Jackson?

He's one of the two guys that does the MNF halftime, and the other is Berman who's more of an MC than an analyst. They don't take use of the other ESPN guys to do that. It's pretty clear they hold him head and shoulders above the other analysts.

I don't mean respected by us, I mean respected by the community. What makes you think he's not?

Someone should make a compilation of all of Tom Jackson's absurdly anti-Pats comments and post on YouTube.

Will You Tube support such a long video:singing:

Seriously someone should, it would be hilarious! His stuff is almost classic now- "They hate their coach" is still #1 though:D

I'm watching Countdown right now and first he claimed that Jay Cutler is a better passer than Brady right now and will be a better quarterback in the future.

A few minutes later they compared the '08 Cowboys to the '07 Patriots and Tom said that the Cowboys this year are as or MORE talented than our offense last year. Romo is as good as Brady, Owens is the equivalent of Moss (the only real point he had), Witten is as good as Welker.

Most trolls are known to be that way, but Jackson is a respected senior commentator at ESPN. It's really disappointing.

I think I will wait to anoint Romo as the second coming once he leads his team to a playoff win.

washington 26 dallas 24 - final. so much for being as good as the pats offense.

I don't know his name. It's the guy who used to do Berman's job on Monday nights, the young black guy with glasses. Like I said, he seemed kinda promising based on the small amount I saw of him.

It's Chris Carter, the old Eagles-Viqueens receiver.

It's Chris Carter, the old Eagles-Viqueens receiver.

Not to mention that season he played in Miami...

As I was reading this post, I was shocked that no one replied that the "black guy with glasses" was Chris Carter.

His blow up at the end was pretty awesome though... TJ looked embarrassed.

Tom Jackson.....An ex-Broncos player who thinks that he is a quality journalist...a definite legend in his own mind.....I just consider the source and ignore it. And yes, I will be boycotting ESPN this season so that I can actually enjoy football.

This is from a couple of years ago, however, it still reiterates that Tom Jackson has little or no respect for the Patriots as a team.
"" On an episode of NFL Countdown, Tom Jackson claimed that the Patriots were not behind head coach Bill Belichick, saying the following: "Let me say this clearly: they hate their coach." His provacative claim drew fervent denials from the Patriots locker room. Belichick was stunned by the remark and the lack of an apology as the season continued. The Patriots recovered from the Buffalo loss and finished the regular season at a league-best 14-2. After the team was victorious in Super Bowl XXXVIII over the Carolina Panthers, Jackson attempted to shake Belichick's hand. The coach responded: "Go **** yourself." The post-game interview with Belichick was handled entirely by Berman ""

Henceforth I'm referring to Tony Romo only as "Brett Favre Jr."

I even like Romo, but he's just too careless with the football. That thing got me out of the bath tub seven times. Seven!

Oops, sorry busted out a Simpsons quote out...

Last edited:
Actually the new guy who replaced Smith kinda blew up at the end at Jackson. He basically called him crazy. I was kinda impressed. I don't mind ESPN so long as the craziness is balanced and argued with. Granted, it usually isn't.

You mean Chris Carter?

The new guy...:rofl:

Cutler right now looks like the real deal but call me when he has 3 rings.

I think there are some valid points about the Cowboys offense but Romo is not one of them. Very good QB but nowhere near great yet. To compare Romo to Brady at this point is ridiculous. However....Witten, TO, probably Barber, and a couple of O-linemen would start on the Patriots. That can't be argued objectively at this point. But Romo over Brady....put the crack pipe away.

Several thoughts.

Witten might even be better than Welker, but I don't really see the point of comparing a big pass catching tight end and a small possession receiver.. They're both white? (I only mean that half sarcastically, that might actually be why).

Tony Romo as good as Brady? Please. Kid has talent, none of us can refute that, but he has crapped the bed in every big game he's ever played. Until he doesn't, that comparison is laughable.

As for Jay Cutler, I'm very high on him. And on the merits, the argument that he's as good or better a "passer" than Tom Brady is not entirely laughable. The kid has a great arm. That said, he is still nowhere near the quarterback that Brady is on a whole, just see the KC game for proof. That said, don't sleep on Cutler, he's legit (my fantasy team agrees).

I think he is just laughing because Carter is a joke.

Well, all I know is he called out Jackson for being anti-Pats. That wins him points in my book. I haven't seen much else of him since, like most of us, I don't watch much of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes