PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"Tom Brady, welcome to Florida's quarterbacking graveyard"

Status
Not open for further replies.
BB and Caserio aren't capable? They've done it.

I realize "Slam Dunk" is ambiguous but I would be interested in your opinion as to which draft in the last ten years meets that description.

I realize "Slam Dunk" is ambiguous but I would be interested in your opinion as to which draft in the last ten years meets that description.
2010 YES. DMC, Gronk, AH Tier 1 players and Tier 2 Spikes and Mesko. Ted Larson 137 g w 88 starts. Not bad.
2011-Very close. They landed 4 starters which was great but not a home run.
2012- Very close. High and Chandler. Wilson and Ebner are STers but the cornerstone of the D was drafted.
2013- Very close but no. Ryan, harmon and jamie.
2014- Decent but no. Jimmy and White. Stork was ok but injuries ended his career
2015- Very close but no. 3 starters and core STer in Brown, Flowers, Mason, Cardona
2016- Decent but no. Thuney is the guy but Brisket, Mitchell, Roberts, Karas decent role players.
2017- Hell no. Wise only role player.
2018-No. Wynn is promising. Sony is fine. Bentley is a role player.
2019- Too early. Ask me at the end of the year.

Even if so....Brady alone removes 2-3 possessions to defend per game vs. play action. That has to translate to 4-5 points less given up per game...which could easily make a 7-9 team 12-4....
I acknowledge your implied point: Fewer INTs result in fewer defensive minutes
But other factors deserve consideration when defining “turnovers”

2019 Passing 1st downs:
Brady 197
Winston 245 (+48)

2019 Punts:
Patriots 81
Tampa 57 (-24)

2019 INTs
Brady 8
Winston 30 (+22)

Last edited:

2019 Passing 1st downs:
Brady 197
Winston 245 (+48)

2019 Punts:
Patriots 81
Tampa 57 (-24)

2019 INTs
Brady 8
Winston 30 (+22)

Fascinating... And Winston just had Lasik surgery for his eyesight... :cool:

Hey Caserio... Go get Winston... !!!!

I don't think Brady is good enough to throw to bums and still make it work anymore. However, I wouldn't dare bet against him if he has actual weapons to play with. I'm gonna have to actually see him suck in that scenario before I believe it. He threw to trash last year so I'm not counting that. I'm predicting a really good year with tampa bay assuming no disaster injuries happen.

Better headline:

"Tom: Go Get Your Tampon"

If we have a season, Brady will light it up 2007 style in TB. He has one stud WR that is about 6’5” and another that’s 6’1” with two big TE’s. Anyone that has played QB knows it’s a pain in the ass throwing to midgets at WR which takes pin point accuracy. The bigger the receiver gets, the bigger their catch radius is which makes it easier it for any QB.

2019 Passing 1st downs:
Brady 197
Winston 245 (+48)

2019 Punts:
Patriots 81
Tampa 57 (-24)

2019 INTs
Brady 8
Winston 30 (+22)

Those INT numbers are staggering. And don't forget about fumbles. Winston had a ton of those too.

It will be interesting to see how productive Brady will be given he will no longer have a D to put the offense in great field position. He will have to drive 70 yds in most series because the team will be in shoot outs weekly. Hope the old man has it in him because I will be at many of his home games.

Brady may miss age 43 in the NFL altogether because this season might not be played. It'll be his own fault if he tarnished his reputation for so little in return.
Huh?

2010 YES. DMC, Gronk, AH Tier 1 players and Tier 2 Spikes and Mesko. Ted Larson 137 g w 88 starts. Not bad.
2011-Very close. They landed 4 starters which was great but not a home run.
2012- Very close. High and Chandler. Wilson and Ebner are STers but the cornerstone of the D was drafted.
2013- Very close but no. Ryan, harmon and jamie.
2014- Decent but no. Jimmy and White. Stork was ok but injuries ended his career
2015- Very close but no. 3 starters and core STer in Brown, Flowers, Mason, Cardona
2016- Decent but no. Thuney is the guy but Brisket, Mitchell, Roberts, Karas decent role players.
2017- Hell no. Wise only role player.
2018-No. Wynn is promising. Sony is fine. Bentley is a role player.
2019- Too early. Ask me at the end of the year.
So, one "Yes" and two clean "Very close" and a couple of "Decents"...so batting .300 on Yes and clean Very Close. Half empty or half full I guess...

So, one "Yes" and two clean "Very close" and a couple of "Decents"...so batting .300 on Yes and clean Very Close. Half empty or half full I guess...
It's open to interpretation.

I think chemistry will be a huge deal in Tampa Bay. Brady does not walk in there with the same authority he had in Foxboro. And the expectations are incredibly high. When he goes a whole game without throwing to one of those guys because they weren't open or in the right place, or when he chews somebody out on the field for screwing up their route or missing a block, we'll see how it goes. If he has one or two bad games, things could get dicey pretty fast.

The other thing about that particular roster is how many low-salary guys they have after you get past the top 15 salaries. The drop off is steep. A few key injuries and Brady will be playing with much lower quality than he had in New England which led the league in payroll among depth players. We know how reacts to guys not capable of doing what he expects.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers 2020 Salary Cap

If anybody on here wishes Brady anything but the best, they are fools.

I guess I'm a fool then, because now that he's no longer a Patriot I have the same opinion about him that I do about all non-Patriots: I don't care at all.

It will be interesting to see how productive Brady will be given he will no longer have a D to put the offense in great field position. He will have to drive 70 yds in most series because the team will be in shoot outs weekly. Hope the old man has it in him because I will be at many of his home games.

You're talking about the team (Tampa Bay) that had the #5 ranked Defensive DVOA and the #3 ranked Weighted Defensive DVOA acording to Football Outsiders. The Patriots were worse than that the last 2 months they played (#4 ranked Weighted Defensive DVOA).

Word up is that TFB family moving into Jeter's FL mansion

Word up is that TFB family moving into Jeter's FL mansion
Hope he washes the place really well and disinfects it..........

...like you do when you move into any house/apartment.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes