PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"Tom Brady, welcome to Florida's quarterbacking graveyard"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Favre didn't immediately fail after leaving the Packers and I don't expect Brady to either. Brady's biggest obstacle is the weather. Brady has a horrible win% in extreme heat and has chosen Florida.

He will be fine. He knows he has two good years left in him and he won’t have to deal with the pure **** he had at WR and TE that he had to deal with in his last two years here. Defenses can’t commit to playing him in C1 with the corners taking inside shade because Godwin and Evans will smoke them deep and make them pay for that. They also can’t line up in Cover-2 because Howard will just split the safeties up the seam. There were exactly 0 options that could do that consistently here once Edelman got injured.

We, on the other hand, should take a step back before we have a golden opportunity in front of us in 2021. Bill’s going to have to pay the piper for overpaying veterans to seal the holes created by the amount of whiffs he’s had in the draft. He needs a slam dunk of a draft starting in a month, though.

He will be fine. He knows he has two good years left in him and he won’t have to deal with the pure **** he had at WR and TE that he had to deal with in his last two years here. Defenses can’t commit to playing him in C1 with the corners taking inside shade because Godwin and Evans will smoke them deep and make them pay for that. They also can’t line up in Cover-2 because Howard will just split the safeties up the seam. There were exactly 0 options that could do that consistently here once Edelman got injured.

We, on the other hand, should take a step back before we have a golden opportunity in front of us in 2021. Bill’s going to have to pay the piper for overpaying veterans to seal the holes created by the amount of whiffs he’s had in the draft. He needs a slam dunk of a draft starting in a month, though.

If they don’t have an offseason program I have my doubts on TB and his guys getting on the same page. It is all fun and games until the bullets start to fly and so and so isn’t where TB wants them to be. It takes months and of practices to even start to get on the same page when you have new guys on the current team you are on.

I don’t know if you ever responded to this question. TB hasn’t attended off season programs the past 2 years. He has been missing practices at a higher clip each and every year for maintenance and injury.

Does this change at 43? Sure the lack of offseason reps helps physically but hurts chemistry wise.

Brady had little trouble developing chemistry with players who were actually, you know, any good.

With Randy Moss and AB it was basically like flipping a switch. With Aaron Dobson and Josh Boyce it wasn't. Funny how that works.

Patriots vs. Bucs in SB LV!!!!!

Goes into 3-4 overtime periods before BB and Brady settle it man0-mano mid-field!

I think Brady will do just fine. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he has a Pro Bowl season once again. GREAT weapons in Tampa. I believe Winston led the league in passing yards last year, and was 2nd in passing TDs, yet he was a turnover machine. Brady is not a turnover machine..

Brady had little trouble developing chemistry with players who were actually, you know, any good.

With Randy Moss and AB it was basically like flipping a switch. With Aaron Dobson and Josh Boyce it wasn't. Funny how that works.

yeah in his offense and coaching staff he’d been around for years.

I see Florida has its own Ben Volin. LOL.

What a travesty that a reporter in Florida is not more stoked about the great signing the Bucs made but such is the sports media landscape I suppose. Of course it must be lost on this guy that the Pats were not exactly a football mecca when Brady took over a 5-13 team and made them the winningest franchise in football history.

If they don’t have an offseason program I have my doubts on TB and his guys getting on the same page. It is all fun and games until the bullets start to fly and so and so isn’t where TB wants them to be. It takes months and of practices to even start to get on the same page when you have new guys on the current team you are on.

I don’t know if you ever responded to this question. TB hasn’t attended off season programs the past 2 years. He has been missing practices at a higher clip each and every year for maintenance and injury.

Does this change at 43? Sure the lack of offseason reps helps physically but hurts chemistry wise.
The guys he are working with are super talented the way Welker and Moss were in 2007. He got on the same page with them in a heart beat. That can definitely happen again. He has already said he will attend OTAs if they happen at some point.

The guys he are working with are super talented the way Welker and Moss were in 2007. He got on the same page with them in a heart beat. That can definitely happen again. He has already said he will attend OTAs if they happen at some point.

Are you living in a time warp or something? I remember 2007 as well. Just like yester...wait no it was 13 freaking years ago.

Never mind 2007. In your estimation can TB now make the same throw he did in OT of SB51 to Edelman?

Favre didn't immediately fail after leaving the Packers and I don't expect Brady to either. Brady's biggest obstacle is the weather. Brady has a horrible win% in extreme heat and has chosen Florida.

his biggest obstacle will be the quality of teams in the NFC next year.

Are you living in a time warp or something? I remember 2007 as well. Just like yester...wait no it was 13 freaking years ago.

Never mind 2007. In your estimation can TB now make the same throw he did in OT of SB51 to Edelman?
LOL. Time warp. Cute. Guess you missed the obvious comparison that the talent he will have on the Bucs this year is comparable/better than what he had in 2007. So for a more recent reference how about his rapport with AB just this past season with only a few days together? I mean seriously, Brady has been lights out with premier talent (see Gronk, AH, among others).

And to your question, you do realize Edelman had 100 receptions, 1000+ yards and 6 TDs this past year so um, yeah he can make the throws he made in SB 51 to JE and the ones he made in OT of the AFCCG in KC in 2019.

I kind of hope he fails. As a Patriots fan, it would validate Bill's decision.

I don’t hope he fails but I hope he doesn’t win a ring for the same reason and it would be at the Patriots expense.

If anybody on here wishes Brady anything but the best, they are fools.

20 seasons of the best Pats football we've ever seen.

If NE doesn't win the SB next year, then I hope Brady does.

GOAT.

I kind of hope he fails. As a Patriots fan, it would validate Bill's decision.
although i would have preferred Brady stay and retire a Patriot, BB absolutely made the correct decision IMO. I was easy to blame everything on the WRs, but Brady played poorly. I dont see him getting better next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes