PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady suspended again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Belicheck to now use the Nuclear option?

Unleash all the demons onto the NFL and take the whole thing down?

I'm done with this whole thing. If he's gone for four weeks, he's gone for four weeks, he'll be back. We will find ways to win.

What this does to Brady's legacy is moot at this point, because the people who think Brady cheated will still think that. And people who think he didn't cheat will still think that as well.

It's ******** to the highest level, but it is what it is.

So now any boss in the country can accuse an employee of something as impossible as violating the laws of physics, then make up some BS 'evidence' at third remove from the events and the facts, suspend said employee, hear his appeal himself, and, based on the boss's fake facts and spurious evidence, uphold the employee's suspension? And now there is no recourse for the employee but to go to the Supreme Court? Insane! Just insane.

So from what I'm reading in the decision... the majority ruled the way they did because Article 46 and the CBA, the end.:confused:

Honestly, I think Brady just takes the suspension, he probably just wants this to end.

On a side note, let the haters revel in this. Most of them are jealous haters, and the rest are just morons. Those who don't realize that Goodell and the NFL is a corrupt enterprise aren't worth talking to anyway.

My response to anyone who gloats about this is, the NFL admitted they had no proof that Brady did anything wrong. And they did so in a court of law. End of story, end of discussion.

Aren't we're talking about the Tom Brady who doesn't want to come out of games when the Pats are up 45–7 or 52–0?

On a serious note: other than the mental stress, it's not like Brady has any further direct role to play here; it's basically all lawyers from here on out.

this country is so screwed, I can't wait to get out... absolute bs

Considering the SUPER HIGH PROFILE of the case, do you think there is a better chance that the appeal would be heard?
Probably. But they're more so looking for important issues of law. A bad arbitration ruling by itself is not gonna get a second look by the Supreme Court.

If Pats fans were smart, we would boycott the first four games. This includes watching the games on tv and not going to Gillette. It won't happen but it should. This is a sad day for the NFL and our court system.

I can see it going to SCOTUS. Despite the relatively small fry nature of the case itself, it raises important issues about the extent of workplace discipline, especially in an organized workplace. With a high-profile plaintiff, it may even get taken up. But since it's an organized labor case, it's likely that it would go 4-4 under the current court and the lower court's ruling would stand, and even if Garland is confirmed, I'm not sure how he'd go since he's pretty weak on labor issues.

No surprise, but I didn't realize the ruling would drop today. So does this go back to Berman? Is there still the possibility that we get the suspension reversed again? So sick of this ****.

Why not, the US "justice system" is completely corrupt and a total joke, might as well take it the distance and give them all the middle finger.

The supreme court only hears truly important cases. It would be a shock if they were to accept this one.

Federal court is ****ing worthless, and so is the NFL. I'm out.

They didn't even remand back to Berman? What a joke.

Jimmy G will be worth multiple first round picks if he starts the four games

**** the NFL. I will never purchase any merchandise or go to any games so long as that clown is in charge. I may not even watch the games, but we'll see.

The Second Circuit actually took it upon itself to address the additional grounds that Judge Berman did not cover in his decision back right before the season started. This is remarkable to me. But their order here is not a remand to Berman to re-consider anything. The Second Circuit has said that Berman must confirm Fuhrer Goodell's decision. So unless I am missing something, Brady's only shot is to: (1) seek a rehearing en banc (very difficult, but helped a bit by Katzman's strong dissent); or (2) seek certiorari in the Supreme Court (which is next to impossible; SCOTUS has better things to do, and I don't think there is a circuit split on law here that would give reason for SCOTUS to grant cert).

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back