PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady suspended again

Status
Not open for further replies.
For example, Gunn notes: "Wow. CA2 agrees w/ NFL's last minute argument about shifting arguments. Calls out NFLPA for arguing in alternative"

And further: "That's not only a misunderstanding of NFLPA's position, but also NFLPA's position is allowed by FRCP." (FRCP = Federal Rules of Civil Procedure)

Kraft came out like a clown in all of this. No first round pick either.

Or:

"Here, we see Parker confusing producing a cell phone (TB refused) with producing relevant texts (TB offered)." ()

"NFLPA's argument was - Brady offered to produce relevant texts, but not phone but was penalized for not giving phone." ()

"CA2 misses the distinction completely and says Brady was on notice to provide the phone, bc he was supposed to provide texts!" ()

"Not sure if this is because CA2 is unaware that one can provide texts without providing phone or what....really perplexing" ()

P.S. Not only does the government does whatever it wants, the NFL does whatever it wants and rationalize it - the haters pretend to be righteous. They are dancing today about Brady. Would they want a wife-beater or felon on their team? Of course! Their self-rightousness makes me puke!!!!

Brady should sue Goodell personally for lying about his testimony in his ruling. Not sue the NFL, sue Goddell personally for defamation. Include the impact on his off the field earnings/marketability.

Or:

"Here, we see Parker confusing producing a cell phone (TB refused) with producing relevant texts (TB offered)." ()

"NFLPA's argument was - Brady offered to produce relevant texts, but not phone but was penalized for not giving phone." ()

"CA2 misses the distinction completely and says Brady was on notice to provide the phone, bc he was supposed to provide texts!" ()

"Not sure if this is because CA2 is unaware that one can provide texts without providing phone or what....really perplexing" ()

OH MY GOD. *bangs head against wall*

Or:

"This is about as polite a rebuke to the majority you will see from a dissent." ()

"Remember the majority said NFLPA "never" raised the stickum analogy. Here's Katzmann specifically pointing out where they did w/ citation" ()

Especially since the league has to pay Goodell $150mil if they fire him (it's in Roger's contract).

I'll never understand why the owners agreed to that contract. If they'd presented Goodell with a contract that paid him $20M per year and allows them to fire him at any time and owe him nothing, what are the chances that he would have turned them down?

I don't know how all this is going to turn out. But what I don't want to see happen is Goodell do any favors for Brady and the Patriots by vacating the suspension himself by extracting from Brady some apology for destroying his cell phone and agreement not to pursue any further litigation. Let Goodell deal with the public relations fallout of suspending the face of the NFL for 4 games and go down in NFL history as the Commissioner who docked the Patriots 1st and 4th round draft picks and suspended Brady for 4 games for absolutely nothing.

Why can't they stick it to goodell? Can they expose this damn tyrant for once. Brady should be breathing fire through his nose right about now.

Should forefit them all...stand as one.

Haha on 1 hand, the league would love to not have to deal with the Patriots.. on the other hand, they would feel the sting of losing all the ratings from the Pats games, including quite a few that are scheduled for prime time

Or:

"This is about as polite a rebuke to the majority you will see from a dissent." ()

"Remember the majority said NFLPA "never" raised the stickum analogy. Here's Katzmann specifically pointing out where they did w/ citation" ()

Judge Parker is either incompetent or stupid. Maybe both. I get that he's ruled by ideology here, but he was objectively wrong on so many core, indisputable statements of fact that I have to question if he even reviewed the material before he offered his opinion.

I'm not aware of any NBA team in the last 20 years accused of cheating. Meanwhile you have a herd of fake scandals in the NFL in the last 10 years alone. Says more about the league offices than about the teams.

Deflategate got more negative publicity than the NBA did when it was discovered that a referee was literally throwing games to affect Vegas spreads

But what I don't want to see happen is Goodell do any favors for Brady and the Patriots by vacating the suspension himself by extracting from Brady some apology for destroying his cell phone and agreement not to pursue any further litigation.
----
There was a rumor from an anonymous owner or two that said the league would consider dropping or reducing it if Brady admits guilt.

LOL

Regarding Pash:

Fuc.k it, file a defamation suit Tom. I was against it because I assumed you would win these appeals but you have nothing to lose now.

Seems to me that the "rush" to get this decision written expedited and written had a big impact into the majority's points. Or the other two judges just didn't want this at all.

Only 1 judge out of 3 bothered to go in the weeds and give it any reasonable or objective thought.

Judge Parker is either incompetent or stupid. Maybe both. I get that he's ruled by ideology here, but he was objectively wrong on so many core, indisputable statements of fact that I have to question if he even reviewed the material before he offered his opinion.

Yeah. I get the impression that the judges other than Katzmann were all-in with the media description of "this thing is a stupid waste of time for the federal judiciary" and didn't bother to actually put in any prep time on the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes