PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady says he's done "for good"

Nah. Shes in the parlance of her time. Tom provided her with an ample allowance. Plus she probably owes money all over town. She has to feed the money, y'know....man.
Tom provided her with an allowance?? She has two-three times the money Tom does.

Just to get my hopes up they’re reporting he made the retirement video before the Purdy news SF go get him back now!!

I refuse to accept the cringe narrative that the Pats would have ineveitably sucked if they didn't kick him out. They'd have been good if they wanted to invest in him too. They chose not to.
First your narrative that the Pats kicked Brady out is a lie. Brady LEFT for greener pastures. He knew the Pats were going to go through ANOTHER rebuilding process and he rightfully realized that he needed to go to a team with a better roster if he was going to win #7 They DID invest in him HEAVILY from 2014-19 and put themselves in cap hell doing it.

There is one thing I always ask someone who thinks the Pats should have resigned Brady for $25MM/yr in 2020. Remember that year, with a stripped down roster already, and a QB that cost them $1MM against the cap, and they were STILL in cap hell in 2020 (not to mention that it WOULD have been even worse if Covid hadn't happened and HIghtower, Chung, etc had to count against the cap). Who ELSE would have had to go in order to give Tom his money.

No it made NO sense at all for Tom and it made no sense for the Pats. The PR could have gone better, I guess, but as a football decision, the CORRECT move was made by BOTH parties.

AGAIN, what is the hurry? It's not about "hardo crap," it's about honoring the process that makes it special for EVERYONE. But who knows, I'd like to see what the committee thinks.
"I'm sorry, Tommy, You were over the line, that's a foul...Excuse me! Mark it zero. Next frame... Tommy, this is not Nam. This is football. There are rules.... This is a league game. This determines who enters the next round-robin, am I wrong?... Tommy my friend. You're entering a world of pain."

As much as I want to be the jersey not the man in it guy, it is so hard to not adore 12. I played linebacker in college in a blitz heavy scheme and was a QB hunter by trade. Accordingly, I always disliked them. Because I was a child. That bias prevented me from having the child-like joy most had watching Brady utterly destroy the league in his prime. I have never seen anything like that '07 team. My god what a show that was. I remember being in the car with my dad being driven back to prep school after Bledsoe got hurt and thinking to myself, "man, they're done for now". But more than anything, I remember 12 for the teammate he was. The way his men loved him and would gladly die for him. I have never seen such belief in a football team before. Finally, I'm just so lucky to be born where 199 overall ended up. What a player. There will never be one even remotely near as good as him again.
Well said. I was listening to Chris Canty talk about the time Cowboys had a game against Brady and they had a zero blitz dialed up, he had a straight shot at Tom and blew him up. He said he went back to the D huddle and told the guys I got him, he ain't getting up. Someone tells him to look over his shoulder and sees Light giving Tom a hand to help him up. He said he had never hit a dude that hard on or off the field and that he gained his utmost respect for Tom after that.

One of the most under appreciated things about Brady, dude was tough as nails.

First your narrative that the Pats kicked Brady out is a lie. Brady LEFT for greener pastures. He knew the Pats were going to go through ANOTHER rebuilding process and he rightfully realized that he needed to go to a team with a better roster if he was going to win #7 They DID invest in him HEAVILY from 2014-19 and put themselves in cap hell doing it.

There is one thing I always ask someone who thinks the Pats should have resigned Brady for $25MM/yr in 2020. Remember that year, with a stripped down roster already, and a QB that cost them $1MM against the cap, and they were STILL in cap hell in 2020 (not to mention that it WOULD have been even worse if Covid hadn't happened and HIghtower, Chung, etc had to count against the cap). Who ELSE would have had to go in order to give Tom his money.

No it made NO sense at all for Tom and it made no sense for the Pats. The PR could have gone better, I guess, but as a football decision, the CORRECT move was made by BOTH parties.
Brady wanted a long term extension after both 2017 (MVP season) and 2018 (SB season). He never got one. All he got was incentive laden year to year deals. If the Pats wanted Brady, they could have had him. To say he wanted to leave is disingenuous. He was getting ****ed around by a team he led to 6 championships and once he knew he was never getting a multi year deal he went to a team who gave him one. The Pats blew it. Biggest mistake Kraft ever made.

If this is it for real this time I might not watch football again. I used to spend all day Sunday watching games now I don't even care to catch any live action anymore. For the better part of my life I got to hang on and watch greatness, which really helped because my life outside of those moments was less than ideal. I knew this was coming down the pipe sooner rather than later but I really thought there would be one last hurrah seeing how things ended this year. My biggest regret is that in all these I never actually going to a game to see him or the team in action. I'm sad that it's over but extremely grateful for the journey.

Everyone s talking about the Super Bowls, here's the KC highlights from the AFCCG.

I think that was the last game that I felt I was having a heart attack for most of it.

Amazing career, don’t think I’ve ever seen an athlete as clutch. When you watched a game and the tension was just unbearable, you knew he would be at his best.

Incredible to think how LONG it went, a different world then. Every decade there’s one team that rises above the others, it’s the Chiefs so far in the 20s, but no team ever did it for 20 years straight. Damn.

"I'm sorry, Tommy, You were over the line, that's a foul...Excuse me! Mark it zero. Next frame... Tommy, this is not Nam. This is football. There are rules.... This is a league game. This determines who enters the next round-robin, am I wrong?... Tommy my friend. You're entering a world of pain."

Huh?

Tom provided her with an allowance?? She has two-three times the money Tom does.
Sorry. Big Lebowski reference. Need to watch the movie

LOVE this list, but Saltimachia?????????????????? There HAS to be a 39 in our history that's better than a back up catcher. ANYONE?????
Mike Greenwell?

Well said. I was listening to Chris Canty talk about the time Cowboys had a game against Brady and they had a zero blitz dialed up, he had a straight shot at Tom and blew him up. He said he went back to the D huddle and told the guys I got him, he ain't getting up. Someone tells him to look over his shoulder and sees Light giving Tom a hand to help him up. He said he had never hit a dude that hard on or off the field and that he gained his utmost respect for Tom after that.

One of the most under appreciated things about Brady, dude was tough as nails.

Yup

328665293_748597249723219_8060353678608253445_n.jpg

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents