PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tom Brady Misses Patriots Practice With Illness; Rob Gronkowski Also Absent

Status
Not open for further replies.

FourierSeries

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
FOXBORO, Mass. — Devin McCourty’s return to New England Patriots practice was overshadowed by three conspicuous absences.

Quarterback Tom Brady, tight end Rob Gronkowski and center Bryan Stork weren’t spotted at the beginning of Friday’s Patriots practice. Linebackers Jonathan Freeny (hand) and Eric Martin (illness) also were absent.

Brady didn’t practice “because he was sick,” a team source told The Boston Globe’s Jim McBride. It’s unclear what kept Gronkowski and Stork out of practice.

McCourty returned after missing two practices with an ankle injury. Martin, linebacker Jamie Collins, offensive lineman Ryan Wendell and defensive lineman Rufus Johnson all have missed time this season with illnesses. Johnson was placed on the non-football illness list. Wendell is on injured reserve after suffering a knee injury. Martin missed practice Thursday and Friday this week.

Brady’s availability for Sunday’s game with the Tennessee Titans will be updated Friday at 4 p.m. when the injury report is released.

Read more at: Tom Brady Misses Patriots Practice With Illness; Rob Gronkowski Also Absent

Probably that bad cold that's going around. Hopefully he doesn't have whatever Collins had.

Gronk and Stork absent too, according to that article.

Gronk isn't injury related.

Probably just a day off, is my guess

A couple people got sick and they sent Gronk off to the Vineyard until Sunday, just in case.
I heard they put him in one of those Sumo wrestler costumes and then bubble wrapped him before sending him

And the Vineyard was a fake location given to employees

Maybe we do get to see what JAG can do? I bet that TFB plays even with a fever. Done it before, yeah I know it was in the playoffs.

That improvised bye week I proposed against the Eagles (how did that turn out, anyway maybe the backups would win that game), I wouldn't mind seeing it against the titans. And then full throttle against the Jest and lolphin

Maybe we do get to see what JAG can do? I bet that TFB plays even with a fever. Done it before, yeah I know it was in the playoffs.

Playoff positioning is still on the line. I expect him to pay until he doesn't.

Two thoughts:
1) The obvious. I hope it's nothing serious (if it's the nasty bug that's going around down here...well, it's nasty).

2) If the Pats can't beat the Titans with JG, then they have bigger problems...among which would be finding a new backup for Brady.

Probably that bad cold that's going around. Hopefully he doesn't have whatever Collins had.
Season is in serious jeopardy if that is the case.

Not good. I don't see this beat up team winning in NY which makes this Sundays game a must win. I hope he recovers quickly and the Titans have their golf bags packed.

Before we all **** our pants in terror, Brady may have a fever over 100 degrees. If so, it makes sense he wouldn't practice. But Friday until Sunday is plenty of time for a staff of professional trainers and doctors to get him right to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes