PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TO tried to commit suicide

Status
Not open for further replies.
maverick4 said:
No offense, but you are sick and disgusting.
LMAO. He is what he is.

Let's recap :

He leaves SF. The players and coaches hate him. He calls Jeff Garcia gay as often as he can.

He leaves Philly. The coaches and many of the players hate him. He's kicked off the team.

And this isn't a loser ? He's a talented piece of sh!t dirtbag.

Well, a cry for help is a cry for help... doesn't matter how much money or fame one has

We've always known that TO was a troubled psyche... I guess it shouldn't be surprising that it takes this form

It will be interesting to see the public's reaction to this.. are they so fed up with his antics and selfishness that they have no capacity for compassion? That might be a natural reaction among us "less fortunate"

Warnging - personal commentary alert:

We as a culture need to re-define what true "wealth" is.

It has nothing to do with a 6 or 7 figure income... nothing to do with how many thousands of square feet of home or homes, how many cars, how much bling, all of which requires many to devote large portions of their lives to achieving these goals

If we as a society would accept a new definition of wealth that recognized the truly "wealthy" among us lead simple lives, in simple homes, spending quality time with our families, honoring and respecting those who know that "less is more" when it comes to material goods, the gap between the "haves" and "have nots" would diminish and everyone's true quality of life would improve.

TO is set to deny it was a suicide attempt at his PC in 20 mins or so according to Michael Smith. It was an allergic reaction according to an ex-teammate of Owens who's spoken to Smith.

Michael Irvin is on ESPN right now saying the same thing as Smith.

Last edited:
Michael Irvin just confimed that he spoke to TO and he denied it was a suicide attempt.

maverick4 said:
No offense, but you are sick and disgusting.

Why because he won't shed a tear for some overhyped megamillionaire, who thinks it is ok to go around bad mouthing everyone, but can't take an ounce of criticizm himself? And the kicker about this is a failed suicide attempt, wich just goes to prove windbag TO can't finish anything he starts.

The sympathy for this clown by the usual suspects is not suprising, but, there are much more deserving people of your sympathy tham this loser.

desi-patsfan said:
Michael Irvin just confimed that he spoke to TO and he denied it was a suicide attempt.

Well, it makes sense that Irvin is reporting on the subject. He would know about drugs, wouldn't he?

Most men who want to truly kill themselves almost always use a means that will bring certain death i.e.. hang themselves or use a gun. Normally women use pills, non-lethal cuts because the majority of woman who attempt suicide do not truly want to die. If this was a suicide attempt by TO it sounds more like a call for help than an actual attempt on his own life.

Last edited:
Was listening to a medic on Jim Rome's show and he said that there would be no reason to pump his stomach for any other reason than an overdose. That you don't pump for "allergic reaction", you medicate for that. That seems to ring true to me.

Ultimately, it will be unfortunate if a cover-up results in TO not getting the help that he apparently needs!

Last edited by a moderator:
As someone who suffers from depression my thoughts and prayers go out to T.O. I have known for sometime that he is depressed because I can usually pick up on it very easily.

For those who don't have it...the best way to describe it is picture yourself walking through a foot of mud when your brain is in depressed mode...that's how it feels. It has nothing at all to do with feeling bad for yourself...it's not a pity me, or I need attention or anything like that.

One thing that happens to depressed people is that in a moment the brain will lock on and engage itself with great efficiency and this tends to affect your adrenaline...this is the T.O. you see playing football or doing an interview. It's hard to explain, kind of like the brain seizes on an opportunity to heal itself.

However, the problem is that for every high point there is a low point. If the high is very high it will be followed by a low that is very low. It's almost like the law of averages with numbers...there is a mean value for normal people and there is a mean value for depressed people and that number differs pertaining to the individual. So if 7/10 is a normal person...and you have 3 or 4 9/10 days (and those are euphoric to say the least) your brain then will give you a bunch of 2/10 days or 3/10 days.

Medicine and counseling helps depressed people stay on an even keel. Because, and this seems weird...by avoiding the 9/10 or 10/10 days you have less 2/10 and 3/10 days....this is a good way of describing what depression is like.

So you know what you have to do...you know what you need to do...and yet you find yourself just incapable of doing it. Like a kid who just can't seem to reach the doorknob. You knw you need to just reach out and grab the doorknob...but you don't...like I said..it's like trudging through mud everyday.

T.O. is a great athlete and a workout warrior because the brains of depressed people love focusing on a task...that task is different for everyone...he is fortunate that his task and abilities have earned him much money...and that money and fame work against him because his highs are very, very high...away from working out and the team...his brain then gives him a dose of very, very lows as his average is somehow met.

I'm sure these reports will be denied...many depressed people are just too darn proud to want anyone to know...especially if you have an achieving type of personality. Most depressed people are introverts but some like T.O. become extroverts when performing...I don't even want to imagine how low his lows are...when you can be an extrovert the lows can be crippling when you revert back to introvert.

So...I hope this non-medical explanation helps those who are curious to understand. it's so difficult to explain medically and I find this explanation of it works well because many people have had days like this. We all have a little depression in all of us... T.O. and others have that magnified like a huge roller coaster for them.

If you have a friend or family member who has depression, and you want to help...take some time to pick them up and do something that is enjoyable and not too excitable. Find them a job (If retired) where they are forced to have some human contact...break through their shell...It helps them stay focused and on an even keel and that is the best medicine of all. The depression symptons will be there, but you'll be keeping the suicidal tendencies out of the picture which is the best case scenario.

mgcolby said:
Most men who want to truly kill themselves almost always use a means that will bring certain death i.e.. hang themselves or use a gun. Normally women use pills, non-lethal cuts because the majority of woman who attempt suicide do not truly want to die.

So, you are calling TO a girly mon?

BelichickFan said:
And this isn't a loser ? He's a talented piece of sh!t dirtbag.

With all respect and no offense intended, you are a 'piece of sh*t dirtbag. I don't care how much of an ass or annoying a person is, attempted suicide is serious and reveals deep psychological problems and internal suffering.

How did you come to think the way that you do? I feel sorry for your family and friends. You're cold and heartless.

PatsChick87 said:
Was listening to a medic on Jim Rome's show and he said that there would be no reason to pump his stomach for any other reason than an overdose. That you don't pump for "allergic reaction", you medicate for that. That seems to ring true to me.

Ultimately, it will be unfortunate if a cover-up results in TO not getting the help that he apparently needs!

It's funny, but when it was first being reported this morning as an 'allergic reaction" and they said as treatment they were trying to induce vomiting, I thought this was weird. Since when do you induce vomiting for an allergy? Normally if you are suffering an allergic reaction the toxin is already in your system, and they have to administer drugs to counteract it. Of course it is now being covered up by TO and his friends, but this is a wake-up call. This guy needs serious help, whether it was for attention or not. Wasn't Tony Dungy's son treated for an overdose several months before his tragic death?

maverick4 said:
With all respect and no offense intended, you are a 'piece of sh*t dirtbag. I don't care how much of an ass or annoying a person is, attempted suicide is serious and reveals deep psychological problems and internal suffering.

How did you come to think the way that you do? I feel sorry for your family and friends. You're cold and heartless.
This wasn't based on the suicide attempt. It was the fact that he's a loser. Do you go around calling people gay for the fun of it ? Do you act so selfishly that you get kicked off your worksite ?

With or without a suicide attempt the guy is a loser.

BelichickFan said:
With or without a suicide attempt the guy is a loser.

How does that matter at all? Bottom line is, a person tried to end his life due to serious internal problems, and you could care less about that person's welfare.
You are a douche.

Last edited:
maverick4 said:
How does that matter at all? Bottom line is, a person tried to end his life due to serious internal problems, and you could care less about that person's welfare.
I assume you mean I "couldn't care less". Think through the logic of what you said vs. my correction.

I never said I don't care if he lives or dies, you said that I don't. I said he's a loser. And he is.

maverick4 said:
You are a douche.

Do you think he would care about you?

Isn't BelichickFan the one who posted a while back about being annoyed and inconvenienced by the birth of their child?
Mr. Sensitive....
There's a difference between not liking someone versus taking shots at them when they are down.

F.B.N., that's a nice post. In spite of the celebrities like Mike Wallace, Patty Duke, Jim Carrey, Margot Kidder and many more that have come out about depression, it's obviously still very misunderstood.

DaveW said:
Isn't BelichickFan the one who posted a while back about being annoyed and inconvenienced by the birth of their child?
Mr. Sensitive....
No I was not and I would appreciate you not making sh!t up about me. The only slightly related thing I ever said was that when my second son was born it was the day Carrol was fired and Belichick was hired and then quit the jesters. I never refered to it as an inconvenice or being annoying, just something that made the goings on that day extra interesting.

Is that OK with you, assshole ?

Last edited:
Thanks for your post FBN. Puts things into perspective. Mike Wallace of 60 minutes also suffered from depression and had thoughts of suicide. I never cared for TO, but have the compassion of a human being to feel sorry for him, as I would for anyone who suffered from any sort of illness. I disliked Jack Tatum more then all bad athletes combined. To this day I resent his flamboyancy after he ended Darryl Stingly's career and part of his life. Tatum recently had five toes amputated due to diabetes. I wouldn't wish that on anyone, and I am sorry to hear of that. John Henry Williams died of leukemia after a long and bitter battle with family members to have his father's head frozen. Am I supposed to say, serves him right, I'll drink to that, a frozen margarita. No, sorry my thoughts go beyond the playing field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes