PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tired of the ESPN Board

sdh7711

Rookie
Reaction score
Those who know have been longtime espn board members know me from my handle there (shalla7777). So figured I would give this forum a shot to avoid all the troll behavior that just sucks.

Oh and Cambridge area fan myself in case anyone wondered.

:welcome:

sdh7711/shalla7777, I made the same decision back in February and have not regretted it. Stick around for a while and you'll wonder why you waited so long.

I think I finally got IP banned by Jets fans ....... I'm kind of glad ...... I had been on ESPN for like 14 years when there was only one message board for NFL football

still have to talk football somewhere tho.....

For obvious reasons this (and any other board) aren't going to be as busy as the espn board, but it's a whole lot better. I finally left espn completely a year ago - no tv, no web - and have no regrets. The message threads became so totally unintelligible over the last few years that they were utterly useless.

The Pats board at ESPN has turned into a joke. I don't post much on it anymore but it's always been interesting when the draft rolls around. I enjoy debating with Jets fans over there though. Of course, they'd like to ban everyone that disagrees with them because it's "their board" not ESPN's. They definitely have some whiners over there.

I just noticed that the jets fans are still talking about me.......

the group that promised to never respond to me can't stop talking about me..........that's funny

both field and dmb are pathetic in the way they try to run the board..........they don't even know what a troll is

Last edited:
the proof is in the pudding.......the 'RIP Tanked' thread is proof that it doesn't matter who is there, it is a matter of time before the jets fans start to lose it

It only makes sense that the Jets fans will lose it soon....the way Mangini yo yo's their hopes year after year.

considering the Indy fans have gone of the deep end only natural the Jets ones are next tanked.

Big game tonight, get to see what Ben G is made of.

I post mainly on the NFL General board for entertainment purposes, but when it comes to talking the Pats, I roll here:cool:

the proof is in the pudding.......the 'RIP Tanked' thread is proof that it doesn't matter who is there, it is a matter of time before the jets fans start to lose it

Ha! They don't realize a headstone is a monument to a person. You hold an honored place because you got in their heads so much.

Those who know have been longtime espn board members know me from my handle there (shalla7777). So figured I would give this forum a shot to avoid all the troll behavior that just sucks.

I had trouble deciding to turn left into Fire and Ice or right to the Brew Moon but I that's gone now.

whats up shalla! :D

lots of ESPN peeps are coming over here lately. PatriotDynasty, tanked, Krafty, shalla, me...heck thats like the whole Pats board on ESPN! I came over right after the SB when a nuclear bomb of trolls went off on the boards lol. Only bad thing is the "regs" here will negative rep you if you dont agree with their opinions...my rep went blood red in about a week after joining. :D

The ESPN messageboards are horrible (dominated by 13 year old trolls). I don't hardly go over there anymore. They were one of the original messageboards and were a good place once upon a time - like the turn of the century.

The ESPN messageboards are horrible (dominated by 13 year old trolls). I don't hardly go over there anymore. They were one of the original messageboards and were a good place once upon a time - like the turn of the century.

That is definitely front runner for quote of the week there.

After 2001 its been troll city....spygate and then this past SB lose were just the mole hills becoming mountains.

Oh and Krafty never heard of Brew Moon think its gone....my vote would be for John Harvards if you like Breweries.

Only bad thing is the "regs" here will negative rep you if you dont agree with their opinions...my rep went blood red in about a week after joining. :D

Well, you tend to get reactions like that when you make kneejerk statements such as "Cassel sucks. Bench him and start O'Connell" after Week 3.

I bet Tom Jackson goes trolling on the ESPN boards during the week. Not like he has anything better to do. :mad:

You'll find this board better.

i walked away from everything espn a while ago, and have never looked back

That is definitely front runner for quote of the week there.

After 2001 its been troll city....spygate and then this past SB lose were just the mole hills becoming mountains.

Oh and Krafty never heard of Brew Moon think its gone....my vote would be for John Harvards if you like Breweries.

Yup, Brew Moon closed and then Rock Bottom moved in. At least that's the last one I know of for that location. It was right across the hall from Fire and Ice. They had a main restaurant up the ramp/hallway with an atrium type setting and a small bar near the street. It was always decision time when we entered the hallway from the street..left or right or both..hmm. It was a win-win situation either way.

I couldn't even imagine posting on a ESPN hosted board, welcome.

Hey dude, I left those boards for the same reason, I was sick of defending the patriots only to be reports by those crybabies who can't hang when it comes to smack talk. All kidding aside it is AMAZING how little most of those members know about football.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back