PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Time to push forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRazorsEdge

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
At this point there is no need restating what went wrong. We got beat up and coaching wasn't at its best. Lick your wounds and start directing your energy into the offseason.

Some silver linings:

- Donta Hightower was an absolute machine last night. This kid is going to be great.

- Jamie Collins showed some major mental toughness overcoming his early mistakes and finishing the game incredibly strong. He Also will be a great player.

-Malcom Brown was also a force at the LOS. He's still a rookie and he gained some incredibly valuable experience. Excited to see what he and the above mentioned can gel into.

- Butler , in the biggest game as a starter Butler played the type of game we have grown to love. He battled, and fought and never let up. His ability to keep fighting for the ball going down to the ground is amazing.

- There isn't much to be happy about on the offense. The blame falls on a few areas ..oline and coaching being at a he forefront . However a guy like Shaq Mason got valuable experience (he also wasnt half bad in the game considering).

This is a game that I feel will be used as a sticking point all throughout the off season. I expect the offense to come back with a huge chip on its shoulders and the defense to come back smarter and hungrier.

Keep your chin up fellas, we did what we could with what we had, at the end of the day we just didn't have enough in the tank to deal with winning vs a physical defense in hostile territory. We WILL be back.

At this point there is no need restating what went wrong. We got beat up and coaching wasn't at its best. Lick your wounds and start directing your energy into the offseason.

Some silver linings:

- Donta Hightower was an absolute machine last night. This kid is going to be great.

- Jamie Collins showed some major mental toughness overcoming his early mistakes and finishing the game incredibly strong. He Also will be a great player.

-Malcom Brown was also a force at the LOS. He's still a rookie and he gained some incredibly valuable experience. Excited to see what he and the above mentioned can gel into.

- Butler , in the biggest game as a starter Butler played the type of game we have grown to love. He battled, and fought and never let up. His ability to keep fighting for the ball going down to the ground is amazing.

- There isn't much to be happy about on the offense. The blame falls on a few areas ..oline and coaching being at a he forefront . However a guy like Shaq Mason got valuable experience (he also wasnt half bad in the game considering).

This is a game that I feel will be used as a sticking point all throughout the off season. I expect the offense to come back with a huge chip on its shoulders and the defense to come back smarter and hungrier.

Keep your chin up fellas, we did what we could with what we had, at the end of the day we just didn't have enough in the tank to deal with winning vs a physical defense in hostile territory. We WILL be back.

Butler needs to improve massively on ball skills. Also needs to work on his man coverage. He's hot/cold at times. The future is really bright if he can do that and become a consistent shutdown corner.

Agree with everything else. Except the last part. They won't as currently constructed.

Butler needs to improve massively on ball skills. Also needs to work on his man coverage. He's hot/cold at times. The future is really bright if he can do that and become a consistent shutdown corner.

Agree with everything else. Except the last part. They won't as currently constructed.
Disagree with "massively," but yes, good for Butler to get some picks. But he leans toward "hot" a hell of a lot more than "cold."

The Pats will never come back as "currently constructed." Think that's understood.

The Pats will be in the Super Bowl mix for the next 2 - 3 years (Brady's time frame for realistically remaining elite).

The D is the best we've had since the first SB runs. A lot to be encouraged about. We have elite talent at each level on D.

On O we obviously need to address the line. We need better overall talent and depth. Cannon, Kline, and Fleming should never start another NFL game again. I also think we need a deep threat that can at least keep an opposing D honest. If we can take safety help away from Gronk that will open up the O even more. Last thing we need is an upgrade at RB. We were to one dimensional and it will take pressure off Brady and his receivers if we could run the ball. We need an upgrade on Blount.

We are close. Just need to address a few positions and we will be in a good position for SB number 5.

Well admitting we didn't have enough in the tank to beat Denver in hostile territory is submitting to the fact that changes need to be made.

I'll agree to disagree on Butler needing 'massive' fixes to his game. I never stated he was anything more than the corner we've grown to love...one that has a short memory, a fighter , scrappy kid who plays with swagger and a chip on his shoulder. I am confident his game will continue to improve .

The Pats will be in the Super Bowl mix for the next 2 - 3 years (Brady's time frame for realistically remaining elite).

The D is the best we've had since the first SB runs. A lot to be encouraged about. We have elite talent at each level on D.

On O we obviously need to address the line. We need better overall talent and depth. Cannon, Kline, and Fleming should never start another NFL game again. I also think we need a deep threat that can at least keep an opposing D honest. If we can take safety help away from Gronk that will open up the O even more. Last thing we need is an upgrade at RB. We were to one dimensional and it will take pressure off Brady and his receivers if we could run the ball. We need an upgrade on Blount.

We are close. Just need to address a few positions and we will be in a good position for SB number 5.

Don't have the money to do everything that's needed. They only have around 14 or so in cap space as of now to use and still have some left over. That's the issue. It sounds great, but to actually get it done is quite the opposite.

Don't have the money to do everything that's needed. They only have around 14 or so in cap space as of now to use and still have some left over. That's the issue. It sounds great, but to actually get it done is quite the opposite.

We can actually have close to 30 million in cap once obvious cuts are made but keep doom and glooming for the future in every single thread.

The last two times the Patriots lost to Manning in the AFCCG goods things happened afterwards. Both offseasons featured big FA moves at areas of immediate need. I expect the same thing to happen again.

There are decisions to be made and a few fan favorites may get marching orders which will clear up some space. We won't be landing Matt Forte or Alshon Jeffery but via trade,draft, FA we can acquire some talent that would absolutely help us .

We can actually have close to 30 million in cap once obvious cuts are made but keep doom and glooming for the future in every single thread.

It's not doom and gloom. It's reality. They have serious flaws that were exposed for the entire world to see and money for the future needs to be banked for Collins and Hightower.

So no they don't have 30 million in cap space to use.

I think we'll have a top 5 defense next year. I think our offense will be better than this year. I think we still get another ring with Brady and Belichick.

I think we have to start with the O-line. Every person on that line was beaten yesterday. Cannon and Kline were just horrible, but I think they are what they are, decent backups. I'd like to see up get a veteran interior lineman, maybe Mason and Jackson get better next year.
I wouldn't be surprised if we added another RB or WR as well. LaFell is probably gone as is Chandler, so a back up tight end might be worth exploring as well.

It's not doom and gloom. It's reality. They have serious flaws that were exposed for the entire world to see and money for the future needs to be banked for Collins and Hightower.

So no they don't have 30 million in cap space to use.

Oh no serious flaws. As we all know in the NFL theres no fixing of flaws allowed in the offseason. :rolleyes:

In 2006 we had serious flaws at WR. We fixed them. In 2013 we had serious flaws at corner. We fixed them. Now we have serious flaws at the OL. Somehow I think we'll fix them. But go on about "the blueprint" on how to beat the Pats or whatever that now every single team will apparently be able to follow.

I haven't looked over who are true possibilities to us this off season..I will take the time to do so starting today. I just know Forte and Alshon are up because those are two players I have always wished and hoped would some day wear the flying elvis over the shoulder (wanted the pats to draft Jeffery bad,especially when he slid down the draft board)

There are decisions to be made and a few fan favorites may get marching orders which will clear up some space. We won't be landing Matt Forte or Alshon Jeffery but via trade,draft, FA we can acquire some talent that would absolutely help us .

Can't count on them drafting a receiver. So now it's a trade and they aren't exactly swimming in draft picks and the comp pics can't be traded until next season. Also the Moss for a 4th isn't anywhere to be had. As far as oline you have to either pay for a FA, trade for one (which we saw the asking price for J. Thomas) or draft one. And we need 3? Plus the back. Plus an above average reciever?

Oh no serious flaws. As we all know in the NFL theres no fixing of flaws allowed in the offseason. :rolleyes:

In 2006 we had serious flaws at WR. We fixed them. In 2013 we had serious flaws at corner. We fixed them. Now we have serious flaws at the OL. Somehow I think we'll fix them. But go on about "the blueprint" on how to beat the Pats or whatever that now every single team will apparently be able to follow.

It isn't just the oline. Remember that jump ball Sanders caught over Butler? What Pats reciever can do that? They need that as much as the oline.

Cannon was beat like a 2 year olds drum yesterday. If the pats got anything from him yesterday the out come would of been vastly different.

Can't count on them drafting a receiver. So now it's a trade and they aren't exactly swimming in draft picks and the comp pics can't be traded until next season. Also the Moss for a 4th isn't anywhere to be had. As far as oline you have to either pay for a FA, trade for one (which we saw the asking price for J. Thomas) or draft one. And we need 3? Plus the back. Plus an above average reciever?
Yeah Joe Thomas arguably the best left tackle in the game ...his asking price isn't exactly the best to set as a median.
Maybe you can count out the patriots on making a move such a drafting a wr. I won't. I've learned you can never ever try to predict what the pats do next.

It isn't just the oline. Remember that jump ball Sanders caught over Butler? What Pats reciever can do that? They need that as much as the oline.

Receivers are there to be had! So are lineman. We don't need the league best LT or league best RB or league best WR. Obviously we couldn't afford those. But we don't need to. You're acting like all of our positions of need must be addressed by sure to be top dollar players and since we can't do that we're doomed.

Also are you factoring in the returns of Solder , Lewis? The progression of Martin? Return of Develin? Are you writing off Andrews as our starting center with Stork making a full time move to LG ? Sorry brother, I do understand right now it is incredibly hard to see through the rain but this team is not in as bad of shape as your making out to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back