PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Time to play the big boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

cstjohn17

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I am excited (and scared as hell) to see how this team stacks up against the Steelers, Colts and Jets.

Scenarios over the next four games
1) Go 4-0 - Look out Dallas here we come
2) Go 3-1 - Home field advantage, things are looking good
3) Go 2-2 - Left with an 8-4 record, will make playoffs might get home field advantage or win the division
4) Go 1-3 - 7-5 dog fight to make playoffs
5) Go 0-4 - Bridge year

I can't wait for Sunday, this is going to be great.

Last edited:
I am excited (and scared as hell) to see how this team stacks up against the Steelers, Colts and Jets.

Scenarios over the next four games
1) Go 4-0 - Look out Dallas here we come
2) Go 3-1 - Home field advantage, things are looking good
3) Go 2-2 - Left with an 8-4 record, will make playoffs might get home field advantage or win the division
4) Go 1-3 - 7-5 dog fight to make playoffs
5) Go 0-4 - Bridge year

I can't wait for Sunday, this is going to be great.
It would be mistake to overlook the Lions. Best case scenario: 3-1, losing at Pitt; worst case scenario: 2-2, losing at Pitt and Detroit. Not losing at home against the Colts or Jets. But, this team, and the whole league, are tough reads this year. Not trying to be a fence-straddler, but who knows?

It would be mistake to overlook the Lions. Best case scenario: 3-1, losing at Pitt; worst case scenario: 2-2, losing at Pitt and Detroit. Not losing at home against the Colts or Jets. But, this team, and the whole league, are tough reads this year. Not trying to be a fence-straddler, but who knows?

So you're saying that the difference between your best and worst-case scenario is the Detroit game? Just wondering lol.

In all seriousness, the way we've seen this team play at times this year, 4-0 is not out of the question. But neither is 1-3. I don't think they'll lose all four, but you never know.

I've never felt so out of touch and have no clue about a Patriots team this late into a season. Oh nevermind, there was last year.

Last year's team was 6-2 after 8 games, then went on to lose 3 of 4 against "the big boys" -- Indy, the Saints, and the Phins.

Also, the 2009 Pats lost 4 of their last 5 road games, and really got into the playoffs only because they won their last 4 home games.

On a positive note, I can see this year's team getting winning the division despite struggling mightily on the road in the second half of the season, because I expect a solid home performance comparable to that of the 2009 team.

Now, if the Pats go into Pittsburgh and win ... Lord have mercy!

I remain optimistic. :cool:

Last edited:
So you're saying that the difference between your best and worst-case scenario is the Detroit game? Just wondering lol.

In all seriousness, the way we've seen this team play at times this year, 4-0 is not out of the question. But neither is 1-3. I don't think they'll lose all four, but you never know.

I've never felt so out of touch and have no clue about a Patriots team this late into a season. Oh nevermind, there was last year.
To answer your question : Yes. I actually agree with you. 4-0 is not out of the question. I just have never felt this uncertain. I'm not claiming to know with any degree of supreme confidence.

Fully understand the Browns lose beat down by fans in N.E.. Stop trying to be perfect,lol, your making us look bad. But your HC is not wade phillips and you actually have a good team. Youll be fine.

Fully understand the Browns lose beat down by fans in N.E.. Stop trying to be perfect,lol, your making us look bad. But your HC is not wade phillips and you actually have a good team. Youll be fine.

As usual, you have a better football perspective than many "fans" on this forum.

Welcome back! Haven't seen you around much.

As usual, you have a better football perspective than many "fans" on this forum.

Welcome back! Haven't seen you around much.

Hey Nikolai hows it going, finally got my liver transplant after the SB:)

Been pretty busy, posting here a little more than normal, hope thats not a bother. But sense I have experience at getting my bum kicked by the Browns,lol. I kind of expected a fire sale.

Turned out to be a good lesson for our team, 2 wins after that. BB's more experienced than our HC, I dont see the lost going to waste. After all look how good you got after the Jets loss. hmm, you pretty much kicked some bum.

I posted an inept gameplan of what we did vs the Steelers, complete with novice interpretation:) if you care to take a look
http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...10/692935-how-do-you-beat-steelers-page7.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back