PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tim Tebow in 2010 anyone [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Heaven knows how he might fit into our roster by next year's draft, but surely he has to fit somewhere?"

Sure, he'll "fit" great in the drive through window at Wendy's; he's a winner all right. He looked like absolute ***** in the first half of that game, both of his pics were awful, Oklahoma should have run one back and gotten 7 on the second one too.

"Tebow back to pass, looks, looks, tucks it and runs down the field eluding future stock boys at Home Depot and runs it in!!"

Please.............

"Heaven knows how he might fit into our roster by next year's draft, but surely he has to fit somewhere?"

Sure, he'll "fit" great in the drive through window at Wendy's; he's a winner all right. He looked like absolute ***** in the first half of that game, both of his pics were awful, Oklahoma should have run one back and gotten 7 on the second one too.

"Tebow back to pass, looks, looks, tucks it and runs down the field eluding future stock boys at Home Depot and runs it in!!"

Please.............

No offense, but you sound like someone who is basing their evaluation of a player on the national title game and that game alone. Tebow had throw 2 picks all year until that game. And then he pretty much willed his team to victory in the second half.

I will agree, however, that Tebow will have a difficult time of it at the NFL level and has to improve in quite a few areas if he wants to even be a backup QB.

It will be very interesting to see what happens to him in the NFL, but unlike some people who hate him blindly for whatever reason (overexposure I assume, though the kid can't control that), I wish him well, as from the looks of him he is a good kid.

no way. Not unless it's like a 5th round project pick.

Working on throwing mechanics is a start, working on foot work is next, learning to take a snap from under center is a must, learning to read defenses? Ouch! That is the last nail in the coffin.
For a guy that can't read defenses, 11 interceptions in close to 700 attempts and a 6-to-1 TD/INT ratio isn't half bad.

Matt Stafford threw three picks in a half against Florida, has a career TD/INT ratio that isn't even 2-to-1, has a lower career completed better than 61.4% of his passes, has a lower Yards/Attempt average, and he's going in the Top Ten.

He'd be a fantastic pick if a team were commited to running the Wildcat, and the Coach didn't care if he got hurt or not. The question being, what's a guy like that worth?

I'm not particularly a fan of Tebow as an NFL prospect, and I'm by no means advocating him for the Pats. However, SI had an interesting article last week by Tim Layden which quoting Bill Belichick extensively on the subject of Tebow. The link is: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/tim_layden/01/13/tebow/index.html

Discussing a single-wing formation BB is quoted as saying "There's a lot of interest in what you could do with a real athlete back there, like an Elway, with his ability to run the ball.'' In a December 1 article by Layden BB is quoted as saying: "There aren't many players who can run and throw ... Tebow, obviously, is a special one. But you've got major questions because if you're going to run him 15 times a game, how long will he last before they break him in half? But he is obviously special, and it's going to be very interesting to see what happens when he comes into this league. Do you just run your regular offense and let him scramble when he scrambles? Do you put in a few plays just for him? Or do you really build an entire new offense around him?"

Again, I'm not advocating Tebow. But BB seems to to be intrigued by him, which makes me at least less ready to dismiss him as an option than I was before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents