PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ticketexchange and resellers

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrZoidberg

Rookie
Reaction score
It is so disappointing that the ticket exchange is now a place for bots and resellers. I have been trying all week to buy 4 tickets to the divisional game and as soon as something shows up it is gone and on stubhub.

I even sent this to the patriots ticket office with proof that the tickets went right from the exchange to stubhub.

===========================
Good Afternoon -

I've been trying desperately all week to get tickets for the divisional game this weekend. I understand the ticketexchange is under high use and there are a lot of people on there with the same goal as me.

What I noticed today was incredibly disappointing. I found tickets in section 104 row 19 seats 1-4. They disappeared almost immediately as if a bot or something was getting them. (see screenshot below)

The thing that really upsets me (and i'm sure other legit wait list members) is that these tickets appeared on stubhub shortly after they were bought and they were marked up over $100 + fees. (see stubhub screenshot)

I love going to games and would never even think of scalping tickets. If you look at my history you'll notice that I am a faithful fan.

These types of actions should not be allowed on the ticketexchange and really put the actual fans at a huge disadvantage. I want to give you my money to attend the game.

People shouldn't be allowed to do this and should have their tickets (and wait list status) removed for violating the rules. These tickets should be able to be purchased by fans who want to go to the game (like me).

It would be nice if there was a way to report these actions to defer this type of behavior. Is there anything more I can do?

==========
Their response:

Our organization does have a revocation committee that monitors all secondary market websites. If our office is made aware of a Season Ticket Member or Wait List Member selling tickets on the secondary market they are subject to have their account revoked and we will deal with that individual(s) internally. As you know, our office is unable to comment on the validity of tickets being posted on these various secondary market websites. There are dozens of instances each Patriots home game where fans come to our office with fraudulent tickets that were purchased from secondary market websites such as SeatGeek, Vivid Seats and StubHub.

We appreciate you passing along this information to our office. If you see similar activity with seats you post for sale on the Ticket Exchange we would encourage you to let our office know so we can look into it.

Best Wishes,

Gillette Stadium Ticket Office
============

It just isn't fair, but I guess that's life.

It is so disappointing that the ticket exchange is now a place for bots and resellers. I have been trying all week to buy 4 tickets to the divisional game and as soon as something shows up it is gone and on stubhub.

I even sent this to the patriots ticket office with proof that the tickets went right from the exchange to stubhub.

Good Afternoon -

I've been trying desperately all week to get tickets for the divisional game this weekend. I understand the ticketexchange is under high use and there are a lot of people on there with the same goal as me.

What I noticed today was incredibly disappointing. I found tickets in section 104 row 19 seats 1-4. They disappeared almost immediately as if a bot or something was getting them. (see screenshot below)

The thing that really upsets me (and i'm sure other legit wait list members) is that these tickets appeared on stubhub shortly after they were bought and they were marked up over $100 + fees. (see stubhub screenshot)

I love going to games and would never even think of scalping tickets. If you look at my history you'll notice that I am a faithful fan.

These types of actions should not be allowed on the ticketexchange and really put the actual fans at a huge disadvantage. I want to give you my money to attend the game.

People shouldn't be allowed to do this and should have their tickets (and wait list status) removed for violating the rules. These tickets should be able to be purchased by fans who want to go to the game (like me).

It would be nice if there was a way to report these actions to defer this type of behavior. Is there anything more I can do?

==========
Their response:

Our organization does have a revocation committee that monitors all secondary market websites. If our office is made aware of a Season Ticket Member or Wait List Member selling tickets on the secondary market they are subject to have their account revoked and we will deal with that individual(s) internally. As you know, our office is unable to comment on the validity of tickets being posted on these various secondary market websites. There are dozens of instances each Patriots home game where fans come to our office with fraudulent tickets that were purchased from secondary market websites such as SeatGeek, Vivid Seats and StubHub.

We appreciate you passing along this information to our office. If you see similar activity with seats you post for sale on the Ticket Exchange we would encourage you to let our office know so we can look into it.

Best Wishes,

============

Excellent post & I respect you posting it & following up on it with the Patriots.

I am a 30+ year season ticket holder & I know a lot of shady things go on with tickets & I also question if the Patriots are involved in scalping tickets out of town.

I have decent seats on the corner in section 214. The occupants of the two seats next to me change from game to game. They are usually out of town people from the visiting teams city. I usually end up talking to them & enjoy hearing how the cost of the tickets (double or triple face value sometimes) vary based on the opponent.

I figured a scalper owned them & sold them to out of town people to get top dollar.

I had noticed the same two guys there for different teams during the playoffs. When I asked them the cost of the tickets, they told me they were given them free from the Patriots. They told me they were vendors & they had also been given tickets to the superbowls by the Patriots. They told me all the vendors get Super Bowl tickets from the Kraft's.

After talking to them I could not help but wonder if the Patriots scalp tickets to out of town fans.

Also as a long time season ticket holder who has never won Superbowl tickets in the phony Kraft lottery, I would love someone to report on what Kraft does with all the Super Bowl tickets.

We know he gives all club seat owners Super Bowl tickets. What does Kraft do with the remainder of the tickets?

How many superbowl tickets are available to the blue seat season ticket holders via the lottery?

I know a lot of long time season ticket holders & not 1 has won that lottery since we moved into the new stadium in 2002.

Just for the record.... There were a lot less season ticket holders in 1985, but
The Sullivan's allowed every season ticket holder a chance to buy Super Bowl tickets.

So someone who's on the season ticket waiting list bought tickets from the exchange sight and immediately put them on StubHub?

Seems like it's pretty easy to see who did it. The Patriots should remove them from the waiting list and keep their deposit.

In any event, nice work by the OP

I know a lot of long time season ticket holders & not 1 has won that lottery since we moved into the new stadium in 2002.

My buddy Mike won the lottery for SB XLIX (first time they had won the lottery since SB XX).

Excellent post & I respect you posting it & following up on it with the Patriots.

I am a 30+ year season ticket holder & I know a lot of shady things go on with tickets & I also question if the Patriots are involved in scalping tickets out of town.

I have decent seats on the corner in section 214. The occupants of the two seats next to me change from game to game. They are usually out of town people from the visiting teams city. I usually end up talking to them & enjoy hearing how the cost of the tickets (double or triple face value sometimes) vary based on the opponent.

I figured a scalper owned them & sold them to out of town people to get top dollar.

I had noticed the same two guys there for different teams during the playoffs. When I asked them the cost of the tickets, they told me they were given them free from the Patriots. They told me they were vendors & they had also been given tickets to the superbowls by the Patriots. They told me all the vendors get Super Bowl tickets from the Kraft's.

After talking to them I could not help but wonder if the Patriots scalp tickets to out of town fans.

Also as a long time season ticket holder who has never won Superbowl tickets in the phony Kraft lottery, I would love someone to report on what Kraft does with all the Super Bowl tickets.

We know he gives all club seat owners Super Bowl tickets. What does Kraft do with the remainder of the tickets?

How many superbowl tickets are available to the blue seat season ticket holders via the lottery?

Just for the record.... There were a lot less season ticket holders in 1985, but
The Sullivan's allowed every season ticket holder a chance to buy Super Bowl tickets.
Glad you have good experiences with the visiting fans. Most of the ones who show up in front of or behind us end up being irritating assholes. I've been a season ticket holder for 24 years and am about fed up with people who have seats near me selling their tix on the secondary market for most games. Stub Hub and Ace Ticket seem to be the biggest re-sellers (scalpers).

My buddy Mike won the lottery for SB XLIX (first time they had won the lottery since SB XX).

Good for him... I know 5 people who hit the megabucks.

I woul just like to know how many tickets are available to the blue seat owners.

Why not publish a list of the seats that won?

I would just like to know, How many tickets the Patriots got & how many go to the blue seat season ticket holders.

That is all I am asking....

I honestly do not believe they report on it, because it would not reflect well on the Kraft's.

I've been checking the ticket exchange every day for two tickets... haven't even seen anything available yet

Good for him... I know 5 people who hit the megabucks.

I woul just like to know how many tickets are available to the blue seat owners.

Why not publish a list of the seats that won?

I would just like to know, How many tickets the Patriots got & how many go to the blue seat season ticket holders.

That is all I am asking....

I honestly do not believe they report on it, because it would not reflect well on the Kraft's.

Less than ever this year:

Owners OK group to sell Super Bowl packages
With each participating team's Super Bowl ticket inventory now being reduced from 12,000 to 9,000 seats, season-ticket holders might think they now have even less of a chance to get face-value tickets through the team.

#integrity #$$$$$

So for the last hour I've been doing nothing but refreshing the ticket exchange every few seconds and on 3 different occasions I've seen the same seats pop up and I've clicked buy tickets instantly and get this same message each time:

You exceeded the time limit and the tickets have been released.

Why did this occur?

At the top of each page of checkout, there is a posted time limit. The purpose of the time limit is to ensure that tickets are available to as many people as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please return to the event page and try again.

Getting annoyed

I have done some extensive research on club seats and the perks of having them. I talked to a ticket rep a couple of months back about purchasing some for marketing promotion we were thinking of doing. they sent me a flyer that says this.

So basically there are three levels of the club seats I, II, III

I- cost $8,500 per year per seat for a 7-year term or $8,250 per year per seat for a 10-year term. Club I members have the right to buy 2 Super Bowl Tickets per 2 seats owned.

II- cost $6,500 per year per seat for a 7-year term or $6,250 per year per seat for a 10-year term. Club II has the right to purchase 2 Super Bowl Tickets per 4 club seats owned.

III- cost $5,500 per year per seat for a 7-year term or $5,250 per year per seat for a 10-year term. Club III like Club II has the right to purchase 2 tickets for every 4 seats owned.

They also went on to say there are plenty of seats available, if I wanted to put a deposit down now I could have them next season and could have the playoff perks this season. But with prices like that there is no surprise there are seats available.

Hope this helps!

Some of it's known -- they sell a bunch of tickets to Ace for Ace to resell in SB travel & game packages.

Thanks for the reply. I've been on the waitlist for about 7 years now and usually didn't have a problem getting tickets. It sucks the way the Patriots handle the exchange and allow the resellers to do what they do.

I'll keep looking for 4, maybe I'll get lucky tomorrow.

I have done some extensive research on club seats and the perks of having them. I talked to a ticket rep a couple of months back about purchasing some for marketing promotion we were thinking of doing. they sent me a flyer that says this.

So basically there are three levels of the club seats I, II, III

I- cost $8,500 per year per seat for a 7-year term or $8,250 per year per seat for a 10-year term. Club I members have the right to buy 2 Super Bowl Tickets per 2 seats owned.

II- cost $6,500 per year per seat for a 7-year term or $6,250 per year per seat for a 10-year term. Club II has the right to purchase 2 Super Bowl Tickets per 4 club seats owned.

III- cost $5,500 per year per seat for a 7-year term or $5,250 per year per seat for a 10-year term. Club III like Club II has the right to purchase 2 tickets for every 4 seats owned.

They also went on to say there are plenty of seats available, if I wanted to put a deposit down now I could have them next season and could have the playoff perks this season. But with prices like that there is no surprise there are seats available.

Hope this helps!

Not that I have scratch like that :), but just curious -- do those prices include game tickets or is that an added cost? And do they entitle you to sit in your seats for non-football events?

Thanks for the reply. I've been on the waitlist for about 7 years now and usually didn't have a problem getting tickets. It sucks the way the Patriots handle the exchange and allow the resellers to do what they do.

I'll keep looking for 4, maybe I'll get lucky tomorrow.

Damn, I just saw 4 tickets pop up about 20 minutes ago.

It's annoying that every time I see two tickets pop up I get on it instantly and it says I have two minutes to complete this page and I complete it within seconds and it says my time expired. Makes no sense

Yup, couldn't get these... waiting to see where they surface.....

Attachments

• 2017-01-13_001254.jpg
    2017-01-13_001254.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 12

Good Afternoon -

==========
Their response:

Best Wishes,

============

Good on you for reporting it. Hopefully some tickets will come up today or early tomorrow that you can snag. It is an incredibly frustrating problem for real fans.

It is frustrating.

I was a STH from 1995 to 2005. Since then i'll usually take in on average a game a year and take in a playoff game. Not going tomorrow night but did check out availability a couple of days ago and like others had experienced the ones I had my eye on were gone like a leaf in the wind.

You snooze you loose but just doesn't seem right for the scalpers and ticket agencies to snare them for 800% markup...

I signed up for the waiting list to get access to the Ticket exchange. What a waste of money that was. Tried to get tickets for the kids and I to the Jets game without any luck and then tried for any game without any luck.

Could have purchased the tickets on stub hub for approx a grand. Screw that. Spent the money I saved for tickets on extra christmas gifts.

I'm going to ask for a refund.

I think the bots suck. The Patriots have put some safeguards in place to prevent botting, but those programmers are pretty smart.

Its funny that you guys are having trouble getting tickets, a lot of season ticket members I know are skipping this game. I am not going, gave the tickets to my cousin.

Not that I have scratch like that :), but just curious -- do those prices include game tickets or is that an added cost? And do they entitle you to sit in your seats for non-football events?
That price gives you seats to home regular season games only. Playoffs and other Gillette events are an added cost. But they are offered to you before everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes