PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thursday Night Football: Titans @ Steelers game discussion (NBC / 8:30pm)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lack of aggresiveness from both the Titans defense and ofense made me sick.

I guess they forgot Polamalu was off the field.

Well done Fisher

I like him. His pump fakes make them freaking open

They were only open when he had about 8 seconds to sit in the pocket with absolutely no one even close to him.

However, I am still glad one thing hasn't changed.. Ben is still the weakest link in the Pitts offense.

I'm actually glad this game happened- let Ben be deluded in thinking he can pump fake all day long.

Kerry Collins sucks ... he's a #2 on many rosters.

I didn't see him suck. The only sucking I saw from the TitAns was from Jeff Fisher and Bironass

I don't think the Titans have the defense to make up for their offense this year. Last year they did. Granted, it is dangerous to draw many conclusions from the first game in football.

Maybe the Titans will use that four man pass rush against Brady in week 6.

coming in at the end of this after watching the game and not reading much of the thread, but only one thought: a four man rush without big Albert just isn't gonna get it done.

otherwise it was pure Big Ben...as long as the guy has time and those receivers, he's gonna somehow find a way to beat you, especially when you miss two short FG's.

Just a little note...I missed the first third or so of this game, and after reading several posters oohing and aahing over Chris Johnson's performance and wishing Maroney could come anywhere close, I looked up his numbers.

15 carries for 57 yards, with a long of 32. Ugh.

Keep dancing, Laurence. ;)

otherwise it was pure Big Ben...as long as the guy has time and those receivers, he's gonna somehow find a way to beat you

Yeah he's going to pump fake you to death and somehow manage to get within FG range, against all logic and reason.

Yeah,

It's scary to think what the Pats could do against the Titans secondary. Seriously though, Roeth has been pretty succesful in close games but I always notice his receivers have like 5 yards of open space. Look at the last super bowl drive (aside from the Holmes TD, which was nice all around). Everyone was so friggin open. He can't do anything when the DB's plaster (I learned that from Tedy today) his receivers.

Yeah he's going to pump fake you to death and somehow manage to get within FG range, against all logic and reason.

Because he runs all over Hell and creation like an idiot. One day he's going to receive a devastating hit because of this. You can only do that for so long before getting seriously injured (especially at the QB position). I hope it doesn't happen this year as I would love to see us beat the Steelers at their best in the playoffs. But it will happen. It's just a matter of time before Big Ben and the Steelers' luck runs out.

EDIT: The same can be said about Tony Romo, although he doesn't do this nearly as much as Big Ben.

Last edited:
Yeah,

It's scary to think what the Pats could do against the Titans secondary. Seriously though, Roeth has been pretty succesful in close games but I always notice his receivers have like 5 yards of open space. Look at the last super bowl drive (aside from the Holmes TD, which was nice all around). Everyone was so friggin open. He can't do anything when the DB's plaster (I learned that from Tedy today) his receivers.

its the first game...to early to go on what the pats could do...teams improve/change.tenn has a good secondary so it will be a good matchup with their pass rush.

Because he runs all over Hell and creation like an idiot. One day he's going to receive a devastating hit because of this. You can only do that for so long before getting seriously injured (especially at the QB position). I hope it doesn't happen this year as I would love to see us beat the Steelers at their best in the playoffs. But it will happen. It's just a matter of time before Big Ben and the Steelers' luck runs out.

EDIT: The same can be said about Tony Romo, although he doesn't do this nearly as much as Big Ben.

i take your point and in the long run you're probably right even tho he does kind of resemble a tank, but it's worked out for him so far.

i thought the contrast with Collins was interesting tonight as well; with the two short FG misses he more than did his job by giving his team a chance to win the game, but somehow Ben made it happen when he had to, which is usually regarded as what separates great QB's from very good QB's.

This just in:

Polamalu out 3-6 weeks with what is being termed as MCL sprain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News