Thursday Night Definitely Well Below Brady's Standards

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score

Ian Logue

Given how high Tom Brady's standards are, this will likely be one of those games that haunts him for quite a while.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

Ian:
I think the criterion of "enjoyed this entry" doesn't always apply.
I didn't "enjoy" being reminded of what we saw last night and what lies ahead, but it was a well-written, objective and accurate article. So, I gave it a "Useful." But, I didn't find much to "enjoy" about last night's game, other than some of the early play.

Well, TDs on short runs could easily have been Brady TD passes.

Brady didn't play any worse than games where he had had 2 or 3 TD passes. Brady actually threw for more yards than his career average. He took care of the ball despite receivers who mostly couldn't get separation. A couple of those short runs being TD passes instead and minus a few garbage time incompletions, and Brady's passer rating would be in the 90s.

Certainly the 3.5 yards a carry from the running game isn't going to strike fear into the hearts of the opponent or help Brady out. The fans often look to Brady to have some spectacular day when they cannot bear to look elsewhere at something entirely disgusting, like the D.

Brady is fine and even talking about him is evidence of denial about a defense that was beyond putrid, allowing Smith a 148 passer rating (an 85 career passer), and 4 TDs (that's a rate of 64 on a season), and letting Hunt run for 8.7 yards a carry (that is so indescribably pathetic words cannot describe it).

Ian Logue

Given how high Tom Brady's standards are, this will likely be one of those games that haunts him for quite a while.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

Well Brady throws a lot of timing routes and the receivers were being molested beyond the 5 yd zone all night. It looked like Brady was off. He wasn't off as much as the receivers were held up and couldn't get to where they were suppose to be.

It's hard to get seperation or catch the ball with how much holding there was. Brady played an ok game. Besides that missed throw to Allen it wasn't that bad the whole night. We need more short passes because all these bombs aren't fooling anyone.

My only two concerns regarding the Pat's passing game:

Brady needs to get comfortable with new receivers. He's not the best at this, and never has been - he's so damned hard on himself that he can't forgive his pass catchers! Hogan is his most comfortable wideout right now...yikes.

More importantly, the Chiefs showed something last night: take the 5-yard/first-down holding penalties, because they won't call all (or even most) of them), and that will stop the Pats from getting into any rhythm.

Gronk and Hogan were carrying D-backs the length of their routes all night.

It's hard to get seperation or catch the ball with how much holding there was. Brady played an ok game. Besides that missed throw to Allen it wasn't that bad the whole night. We need more short passes because all these bombs aren't fooling anyone.

BINGO! I thought that too.

Brady was not sharp but who was? Offensive & Defensive chemistry were both poor.

Well Brady throws a lot of timing routes and the receivers were being molested beyond the 5 yd zone all night. It looked like Brady was off. He wasn't off as much as the receivers were held up and couldn't get to where they were suppose to be.

Outside of hogan we have small WRs...it will be like that all season

You are dead wrong. In my not so humble opinion of course

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back