PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Throwback/Pat Patriot Jerseys

Status
Not open for further replies.

notex

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Great win yesterday, I am really impressed with the win as im sure you all are.

Anyways, This is a serious inquiry and I really want everyones honest opinion...

Do people like the throwback jerseys alot better than the flying elvis?
I really prefer them and its not just because its a different look, I have never liked the blue and white too much...

Almost everybody I talk to likes the jerseys

Anyways, If some type of petition were set up - what do you think the chances are, if any, that kraft/ the patriots would consider switching back??

I understand the ammount of money it would take to change logos all around patriot place ect... but wouldnt that money be made up in new jersey/ new logo in sales??

so basically im asking for a few comments...

1. is this possible?
2. would you sign a petition?
3. Am I crazy and the only one who likes these unis WAY better?
4. How many people do you think would have to sign one..?

Let me know what you think .. Obviously this situation is WAY bigger than just my opinion but I really wanted to know how everyone feels...

Thanks!

Hi Everyone,

Anyways, This is a serious inquiry and I really want everyones honest opinion...

I really prefer them and its not just because its a different look, I have never liked the blue and white too much...

Anyways, If some type of petition were set up - what do you think the chances are, if any, that kraft/ the patriots would consider switching back??

I understand the ammount of money it would take to change logos all around patriot place ect... but wouldnt that money be made up in new jersey/ new logo in sales??

1. is this possible?

Let me know what you think .. Obviously this situation is WAY bigger than just my opinion but I really wanted to know how everyone feels...

Thanks!

There's already a thread on this.
NO on switching back.
BURN the red jerseys.
Don't waste your time with a petition.

I LOVE the throwbacks, but I wouldn't want them to switch back. The old uniform is a symbol of where the franchise was, and it's history. The new uniform will be forever linked to this era and the 3 Super Bowls, which now and as time goes on, will be a much more beloved history of the franchise.

I like them both a lot.

One game a year in each wouldn't hurt in my opinion.

I'd be all for going back to the red/white/blues.

I've always hated the flying elvis logo. I think it's the worst logo in the league BY FAR. Cant stand it.

I wouldnt even mind if we just changed the logo and kept our current uni's. The Flying Elvis is just silly looking.

when are people going to learn that the throwbacks have nothing to do with the team that is on the field? i hope they do change. they look great.

I don't think the team should make the throwbacks the permanent uniform, but it would cool if the team wore them like 4 games a year, like for half of the divisional games and then for the final home game.

Hi Everyone,

1. is this possible?

Thanks!

I love the Throwbacks .. and def would love that switch!

Hi Everyone,

1. is this possible?

Thanks!

I definitely prefer the current uniforms. Love the Flying Elvis. And own NO red clothing whatsoever.

NO on switching back.
BURN the red jerseys.

What he said.

As a fan who goes way back with this team, when I see those red shirts and Pat Patriot, I think of 1974 starting out 6-1 and ending up 7-7, 1976 and roughing the passer, rolling to 11-5 in 1978 and having the first home playoff game at that pit down in Foxboro only to have Fairbanks and Sullivan screw it up, blowing two seasons in 1979 and 1980, specifically losing to a sh!t Doofins team on the Monday night John Lennon was shot and blowing the playoffs, a 2-14 season, Mosi fumbling in 1984 vs the Donkos when we were on the verge of winning the game, FINALLY getting past the Doofins and getting to the Super Bowl only to get blown out, Eason starting over Flutie and losing to the Donkos in the playoffs, Rod "I'm proud of my men, 1-15" Rust, Victor Kiam and being just God awful in the early 90's.

When I see the new Uni's, I think of Dynasty, one of the best teams of all time, the team of the decade, three Super Bowl wins and winning season after winning season.

End of story; go with the new uni's and sh!tcan the old one..........................

I preferred the old colours, I have to say. Still, the majority prefer the blue and the association with success.

Never understood red jerseys. Weren't our boys wearing blue fighting the "Red Coats" for our independence?

Last edited:
Never understood red jerseys. Weren't our boys wearing blue fighting the "Red Coats" for our independence?

Excellent point, they should have been BLUE not RED.

Anyway I hope they burn the old uniforms...

Too many BAD teams.....

Too many BAD MEMORIES!!!

Love the old red throwbacks- I'd take them back in a heartbeat!

Personally, I've never been a fan of the modern Patriots logo. But I do like the dominant blue (as oppose to the red which I dislike) in the jersey color scheme. Conversely, I've always liked the previous Patriots logo. I don't like the white background helmet but the logo ranks up there with the Celtics leprechaun or the Bruins letter B. I wish the current ownership would go back to the old Patriots logo, it's better. I believe the modern Patriots logo has more to do with marketability and sales than anything.

I like the red. You dont see too much of it in the league so it really stands out. Too much blue. But I do like the flying elvis.

Personally, I've never been a fan of the modern Patriots logo. But I do like the dominant blue (as oppose to the red which I dislike) in the jersey color scheme. Conversely, I've always liked the previous Patriots logo. I don't like the white background helmet but the logo ranks up there with the Celtics leprechaun or the Bruins letter B. I wish the current ownership would go back to the old Patriots logo, it's better. I believe the modern Patriots logo has more to do with marketability and sales than anything.

This.....but I love the White background helmet....just make the 2 red stripes blue and we would have the best unis in the NFL!

I don't like the white background helmet but I can live with it. I mean the Chargers changed from a blue background helmet to a white one and it works. I like how their white background helmet complement the dominant blue in their color scheme of their updated uniforms.

What's interesting, during yesterday's game, a reporter asked Jonathan Kraft about the throwback uniforms. His response was a curious one. He'd said that he and family are fans of the throwback uniforms but they didn't purchase the franchise until a year after the logo and uniforms were changed.

So if it was the previous ownership's idea to make the change. Then why don't the current ownership take this opportunity to revert back to tradition. But I reckon too many losing seasons are associated with the old look Patriots. And... It's about making money.

I LOVE the home throwbacks. But the away throwbacks are disgusting IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots