PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thoughts on the first preseason game tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobDigital

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Just list things you're looking forward to. General thoughts. players you are interested in ect...

No injuries should go without say.

Some thoughts from me.

No Brady! As long as Solder is not able to play there is no reason to bring Brady out there.

Curious to see what Wise and Butler can do. Running with the first team is interesting at this point.

CB depth. Particularly JC JJ and Moore. I want to see what they got.

I'd like to see Lucien and Carr, as well as Brissett, have really good games. Really just all the rookies and 2nd year guys (see them make that 2nd year jump).

Patfanken's post (either before or after).

I'm not worried about the offense as this might be the best/balanced O we've seen in awhile. This may be the ultimate PYP offense (Pick Your Poison). Only mild concerns anyone might have (and these are a bit of a stretch): Edleman/Amendola are another year older (but speed was never the best part of their game) and we don't have the 250lb RB to smash through goal lines (but receiving backs we have aplenty)

What I want to see is the defense. On paper and reports things sound pretty good. The DL/LB play will be what I'm most looking forward to seeing.

I REALLY want to see Wise, Rivers and even Langi (who I think will be in the roster). With Ninko out, at least one of them will have to pick up the slack, or part of it, this year. A good showing today would make me very happy.

Last edited:
I really want to see who can separate from the pack at RB. Really interested to see how the breakdown of carries gets handed out this year.

In order of my interest:

Langi
Wise
Butler
Rivers
Jimmy G
Brissett
Lucien
Carr
Burkhead
Lewis
Foster
Cy Jones fielding balls cleanly
the Hollisters

Off topic
Any idea where we can watch the game ? I live in NC and this game isn't televised locally.
Thanks !

Looking forward, as I usually do in the first preseason games, to watching the OL and DL play and judging it.

It is televised at midnight Thursday on NFL Network

Brady plays 1 or 2 series depending on how long the 1st series is. Garoppolo plays the rest of the 1st half. Brissett plays the entire 2nd half.

Off topic
Any idea where we can watch the game ? I live in NC and this game isn't televised locally.
Thanks !

I think this year is going to be a tough year to get Patriot games on TV here in NC. Last year I had the promotional NFL Ticket; instead of paying the $280+ for that I chose NFL Replay for $99 which will get me most everything I want.

I also enjoy watching the Jets lose; Colin Cowherd predicted earlier today that I'll have 16 games of that this year. :):)

My prediction: we, as fans, will learn very little from this "game" -- especially about the defense.

For me: Wise & Butler vs. the 1s

Recent past preseason stars to translate:

Malcolm Butler
Trey Flowers
James White
Dion Lewis
Cre'von Leblanc (Bears)
Jimmy Garoppolo somewhat
A.J. Derby (5th rounder from Elway)

Recent past preseason stars to not translate:

Chris Harper
Kenbrell Thompkins
Brian Tyms
Rufus Johnson
Anthony Johnson
Darryl Roberts
Zach Sudfeld

TBD

D.J. Foster
Jonathan Jones

Missing anyone of note last 4-5 years?

I wish NFLN would offer the preseason package like they used to. Was approx. $15 for all preseason games. A bargain for those of us who don't live in New England anymore

I'm going to watch the game day thread to see if any Garoppolites have an aneurysm after JG throws his first pick. :D

I'm interested in watching how terrible the preseason broadcast is with the 2 old Muppets inside the Bob's Discount Furniture s**thole.

Statler-Waldorf-Head-Bobbing.gif

I'm excited to see the preseason game day thread full of posts like "The pats are not going to even make the playoffs let alone with a superbowl with this defense" And "I wish the pats would make a trade to bring in a REAL #1 reciever" and "Gronk is clearly done, we should trade him to the browns for a first rounder and joe thomas" And of course my favorite "We really need to dump mcdaniels, hes not very creative when calling the offense"

I predict... as with almost every preseason game I watch...

I will be very excited for kickoff...

...and it's 50-50 whether I make it beyond halftime. o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back