PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This is why I hate the Giants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dafoe2016

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
This clown (Jessie Armstead) gets up to announce the Giants' pick and starts screaming like an idiot "World Champs!" and thrusting his Superbowl rings towards the camera like he just won the title and the Giants, not the Patriots are the champions. Meanwhile this clown last won a title seven years ago and his team hasn't been relevant since. What a pathetic clown. This is so sad. It would be like a member of the Bruins bringing his ring to the draft and pulling this pitiful bush league nonsense. It's pathetic. And it displays the loser mentality of that team perfectly.

I'm not mad that they had so much luck in those games. I'm not mad about the help they got from the refs. We should have made more plays than they did. We were the better team and we didn't get it done. Which is inexcusable. That's not his fault. The reason I hate them so much is that they are this garbage, perennially .500 team, yet these asshats and their fans are so delusionally arrogant. Reminds me of the Ravens and the Chargers back in the day.

As I will say in any thread that mentions them, the Giants are my MOST hated team in the NFL, bar none.

Yup, the Jets, Ravens, Colts, etc. can take a back seat to these pieces of ****.

I actively root for the Cowboys success as it hurts the Giants.

You needed another reason to hate them? Besides the obvious, the fact that Goodell is their *****, is more than enough.

You needed another reason to hate them? Besides the obvious, the fact that Goodell is their *****, is more than enough.
Yup.. Forget the 2 SBs and all the **** talk involved with those..

I can't stand the Giants because they are in so deep with the league it makes me sick. For years everyone would always spout about Goody and Kraft being butt buddies.. Maybe so, but you'd NEVER hear anyone talk about the Mara's when they're really the puppet masters...

The constant sweeping under the rug hush hush slap on the wrist approach to anything NYG is disgusting and a great representation for the reprehensible nature of this vile and corrupt league office.

(Same applies to the steelers, to a slightly lesser degree perhaps)

It was very awkwardly phrased, giving the completely wrong impression. If I was in a coma the past 6 months, and woke up to hear his little speech there, I sure would have thought the Giants had won Super Bowl 51.

Hopefully someone would have gotten the truth to me before I disconnected my own life support.

They won those SB's and as far as I am concerned, they've earned the right to do stuff like he did last night.

Just strange. It was a shot at Philly.

Giants are a loewthsom, classless franchise to begin with.

I thought it was awesome, needling the Eagles fans like that. All NFCE rival picks were getting booed all night, so he just had some fun with it.

Regards,
Chris

I know I'm in the minority but I just don't hate the Giants - I do revel in them twisting in the wind a bit (especially with Eli getting the Brady/DeflateGate treatment on MemorabiliaGate) - and I've got to say the fact that Mara openly owns Goodell and get his guys special treatment infuriates me.

But as far as the team/players themselves - I'm a Patriots fan... I'm not the least bit insecure about the fact that the Pats & Brady have gone to 7 Super Bowls and won 5.

Yes 2007 hurt especially - but I'm not blaming the refs. The Giants beat the Patriots - twice - on lucky plays.

The Patriots, one can contend, have won nearly ALL of their Super Bowls thanks to a lucky play or two.

The notion that even an 18-0 team can lose on any given (Super Bowl) Sunday is part of what makes this sport especially great.

And yes - the NFL/Goodell/Mara do their best to stack things against Brady and the Pats (and they STILL win - LOL!)

But I grew up watching and appreciating Parcells/Belichick football with the Giants - and it was great to watch good football like that during the Hugh Millen/Tommy Hodson era I endured as a fan on the ice cold aluminum seats at Sullivan Stadium... and I just can't quite muster the "hate" that some fans seem to have

All that being said - standing at the Podium proclaiming one's self "champions" from seasons long ago shows just how pathetic and insecure many Giants fans are - and they have to own that!

But I think they have had a halfway decent draft, may have gotten a QB who can displace Eli sooner than later, and I think they were probably wise to pass on the top OTs in the first round (not sold on their TE pick there either though).

It will be interesting to see what they do to address LT and QB protection - it's going to have to be a trade because they've got NO ONE and aren't likely to find the answer in the late rounds of the draft. (They'll grab some OT cuts from other teams - but as good as Eli's receivers are, it doesn't look like he'll get any more protection this year than last - and will likely spend a good part of the season on his ass!)

They won those SB's and as far as I am concerned, they've earned the right to do stuff like he did last night.

Well like I said - I give them the credit they're due for their Super Bowl wins (lucky or not - the Pats have also had their share of luck)

But I felt that was pretty pathetic myself. They're not champions - they're clearly insecure and grasping at straws of greatness when you see things like that - and IMO they should be embarrassed by that.

But I still contend that those years with LT and Parcells and win after win against the Bills were some great football - so I have a tough time demonizing the Giants as much as I proclaim how corrupt Mara and Goodell are and how that sickens me as a football fan.

It was really about division rivalries and taunting the Philly fans.

Drew Pearson (Dallas) had some barbs to throw at the booing fans also.

It's all good.The Pat's have 5 now while the Giants have 4.:cool:

I thought Drew Pearson's speech was great and very well done. Clearly a shot at Philadelphia. The guy from the Giants did not nearly compare .

I get the whole needling the Eagles fans angle, but Armstead retired in 2003. He had as much to do with the Coughlin era titles as he did the Parcells ones: Nothing. I could see someone like Brandon Jacobs or Amani Toomer, guys who were actually on championship teams, talking trash. Armstead, though :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye