PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

This is new - Chan Gailey: Focus on stopping the Pats running game

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Bills run defense is terrible while their pass defense is the better of the two. Naturally, I'd expect them to concentrate on stopping the run as they were absolutely gashed last time around, and have often been since.

He's right about this talking about stopping the run:

"If we do not handle that, then all of the rest of it is a moot point."

When you give up over 200 yards on the ground the first time you play the Pats, I would assume that stopping the run would be a bigger priority for the Bills this time around.

Last edited:
If I remember correctly, the Patriots found a huge exploit running to the left (which I think might have been Anderson's side, not positive). They ran a counter play that went off tackle left and there were HUGE holes almost every time. I have to think the Bills run defense improvement has to start there.

When you give up over 200 yards on the ground the first time you play the Pats, I would assume that stopping the run would be a bigger priority for the Bills this time around.

Giving up 169 yards a game on average. Hopefully Ridley and company keep the trend going.

Sounds like our game plan will be to run the spread. :D

Pats run game slashed the Bills, reminiscent of OJ's slashing of the Pats

I sincerely hope they do.

Single high safety, 8 in the box all game would be lovely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes