PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The witlessness and wisdomlessness of Jerry Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.

RecoveringCowboy

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
“I’ve been around here when it was glory hole days and I’ve been here when it wasn’t. Having said that, I want me some glory hole.”

Jerry’s intention was to use a term from his oil and gas business days to get his point across. The problem is most people think of something totally different when they hear the term glory hole. Needless to say fans, media and late night TV host had a field day with this one.

“I’ve been around here when it was glory hole days and I’ve been here when it wasn’t. Having said that, I want me some glory hole.”

Jerry’s intention was to use a term from his oil and gas business days to get his point across. The problem is most people think of something totally different when they hear the term glory hole. Needless to say fans, media and late night TV host had a field day with this one.
Cardinal sin #1 when telling a joke.......Don't explain the joke after telling the joke.
I prefer visual reinforcement ...
upload_2014-11-20_7-13-2.jpegupload_2014-11-20_7-13-23.jpeg
images

I think he knew what he was saying.

He's turning into a sex-crazed Al Davis...

“We didn’t want to live with missing him if we bet wrong in the third round . (Quincy Carter's) a player we may not see the likes again for a couple of years – if even then."

...Draft Day 2001

Oh man, that's nothing! Have you heard this rant that Jim Mora went on? Someone asked him, you know, in like a press conference... someone asked him, "Oh, uh, hey, how about the playoffs?" and he's all like, "Playoffs!?" Haha. He kept saying it, like, "Playoffs?! You wanna talk about playoffs?!" and it was, you know, it was funny... guess you had to see it live. Anyone else hear about this?

What's a glory hole?

jerry%2Bjones%2Bdemotivational%2Bposter.jpg

Note: if you look at his pictures from 20+ years ago, you will notice the plastic surgery has Jerry looking more an more like:

552187611.jpg

I don't know...But I'm starting to this vague intuitive feeling that you're not a fan of Mr. Jones. Call it a hunch. :D

I blame Sharon!!

Me too, though their two kids aren't helping things any.

I was loving the Raiders/Chiefs game last night. Everytime Oakland needed to make a stand somewhere, the house sound system started to play Iron Man. :cool:

Me too, though their two kids aren't helping things any.

I was loving the Raiders/Chiefs game last night. Everytime Oakland needed to make a stand somewhere, the house sound system started to play Iron Man. :cool:

Gotta love those sweet stadium PA royalties. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots