PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Washington Times sums it up nicely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of ifs in this thread. I will say this, IF there wasn't the strip sack and they made the field goal we would have still would have found a way to win. Improbable? 99.9% we would lose down 28-3 in the third, that's more likely to happen than their kicker making the FG at 39yards. We won when they said we only had .1% chance of success.

One thing everyone, I think, is missing is they were afraid of the Pats O and overreacted. They were afraid to run it because they were afraid they would keep going 3 & out and give Brady the chance to come back.
Self-fulfilling prophecy.

I put the sack on Ryan. He had an outstanding year and there is no such thing as mistake free quarterbacking. But Ryan had to be very aware of 'do not get sacked'.

Loving the Brady's Ladies pic!!

No, that's not the point. My point was the one I made. With regards to the argument about the clock....

It has a bit of validity, but is wildly overblown. No field goal is automatic, and the idea that the team should have sat on the ball is counter to the general approach of both the Falcons and the Patriots.
Without trying to be facetious. in that situation. What would Bill do?

Without trying to be facetious. in that situation. What would Bill do?

1st Down - Run
2nd Down - Throw to try to pick up the first
3rd Down - Parcells Memorial Draw

So, assuming Ryan would still be sacked on 2nd down, you can still run a draw on 3rd down, and pick up 6 or 7 yards, and have a reasonable 45-yd FG try. The throw on 3rd down was inexcusable.

1st Down - Run
2nd Down - Throw to try to pick up the first
3rd Down - Parcells Memorial Draw

So, assuming Ryan would still be sacked on 2nd down, you can still run a draw on 3rd down, and pick up 6 or 7 yards, and have a reasonable 45-yd FG try. The throw on 3rd down was inexcusable.
isn't he pragmatic enough to realise at that stage the clock is the opponents enemy. Hard to think he throws there.
Pure conjecture on everyones behalf. but worth considering

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore