PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Trade Deadline has passed....now we're on to Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
NFL Week 9 Early Lines: Patriots open as 12.5 point favorites vs Washington Redskins

John Morgan

The New England Patriots have opened up as 12½ point favorites over the Washington Redskins, the largest spread of the 13 games being played. The last time the Patriots were double-digit favorites was in week three when the Pats were favored by 13½ over Jacksonville; New England won that game by the score of 51-17.

In other division action the Dolphins are 2½ point underdogs at Buffalo, and the Jets are eight-point home favorites versus Jacksonville. Best games of the week appear to be Green Bay at Carolina and Denver at Indianapolis; both of those road teams are three-point favorites.

Continue reading...

im kinda surprised its only that

The Trade Deadline has passed....now we're on to Washington

The Patriots (7-0) are currently heavy favorites over the Washington Redskins (3-4). But there are going to be some interesting matchups in this game, and I'm curious to know how you think the game will play out.

I can bet garbage time will be the conversation du jour around these parts post-game.

The Patriots (7-0) are currently heavy favorites over the Washington Redskins (3-4). But there are going to be some interesting matchups in this game, and I'm curious to know how you think the game will play out.
There are not a lot of intriguing football related storylines for this one. The Patriots are a very good team and the Redskins are not. I would not be surprised if the Pats scored 45+ and the defense held Washington to 17.

The redskins are hurting in the secondary. I expect a big day from the offense. I still think the following week at the giants will be a test despite the crappy secondary.

I would have no problem if they held back some guys for this game.

This is Jimmy Garapollo's chance to lead a series or 3

You ain't gonna like this.

imrs.php

There are not a lot of intriguing football related storylines for this one. The Patriots are a very good team and the Redskins are not. I would not be surprised if the Pats scored 45+ and the defense held Washington to 17.
Why are you so negative about our defense?

It'll be interesting to see if Chandler Jones can make an impact against Trent Williams, and if/how the D handles Jordan Reed. Beyond that, I'm having trouble summoning up much enthusiasm in this game. Their WRs might present a bit of a challenge if DeSean is finally healthy, but otherwise the Pats just outclass them pretty much everywhere.

As someone who lives in the Northern VA area and is forced to endure Redskins local talk radio on occasion, I find it amusing that DeSean Jackson has decided now he is all better when for weeks he was all, "nah, I'm not feeling it." The talk around here was he could have played weeks ago if he wasn't so lazy.

Every team looks at us as the big test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back