PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The team I DON'T want to play...

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsox23

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Cincy. Played us very tough last year, scares the F outta me this year. Tougher match-up than Indy. That said...

4 out of 5. Bring it.

I agree out of all the teams we could meet in the Playoffs Cincy worries me most but I'm not convinced that Carson Palmer is that good of a pressure QB. I think our front 7 could rattle him and Dillon would need to put his clock killin skills to work

When we play the Bengals, we would already have beaten the Jags and the Colts, and that should give us the momentum going into the AFC championships. A solid D and a good running game can beat them (as witnessed in games vs Jax & Pitt) and with the NE defence in superb form and the running backs back in action, things look good for the Pats. If it comes to a shootout, Brady will be equal to the task.

They're all tough, Cincy is likely to have some playoff nerves more experienced teams like Indy and Denver would handle better. After this season, I'll take whichever team comes along and trust in BB, Brady, Bruschi and the boys.

Box_O_Rocks said:
They're all tough, Cincy is likely to have some playoff nerves more experienced teams like Indy and Denver would handle better. After this season, I'll take whichever team comes along and trust in BB, Brady, Bruschi and the boys.

:rocker: .

i agree. at the moment CIN is the team i would like to avoid...

really...

but: let's see what happens.

we are back !!!
Go Pats !

I would prefer to play Denver or the Chargers as well. But only to show that their wins over the Pats in the season count for nothing and that the Pats varsity can annihilate them at will. Remember how good it was to beat the Steelers last year in the AFC game?

i think we could beat the Bengals becuse of our post season experiance

Jax and Indy aren't ready for this team the way they're playing. Jax freezes their arses off and Brady picks them apart. Indy chokes as usual when Wo-manning wets himself when the Pats come through the tunnel.

I'm hoping, once we dispatch of Jags and Indy, we get the team that beat Cincy in round 2 at Foxboro, possibly Denver in the AFC Title Game. Too good to be true, but it will happen...oh yes...it WILL happen!

wistahpatsfan said:
Jax and Indy aren't ready for this team the way they're playing. Jax freezes their arses off and Brady picks them apart. Indy chokes as usual when Wo-manning wets himself when the Pats come through the tunnel.

I'm hoping, once we dispatch of Jags and Indy, we get the team that beat Cincy in round 2 at Foxboro, possibly Denver in the AFC Title Game. Too good to be true, but it will happen...oh yes...it WILL happen!
The only team we could play in Foxboro in the AFC Championship game would be the #6 seed.

(edit) I think I just realized what you were saying: because Denver has not yet clinched the divison they could be the #6 seed? Was that your point?

Last edited:
yeah but aslong as we beat the Colts in there place i will be happy :D

They could be tough but good offenses score on Bengals D.

If PATs D can slow that offense down enough to keep them to 24 points or less.
then PATs Offense having a good day can pull this out.

I do not think it would be a blow out and PATs have proved they're good at
winning the close games.

i think we could handle there offense and beat there D

Yup. I think Denver's got work to do to clinch, and SD looks very powerful. They might run the table and be primed for the playoffs.

Bengals would have a hard time with the Pats for two reasons:

1. The Browns held them to under three touchdowns a coupel weeks ago, and they are basically running a Patriots-Lite version of our 3-4. The perect film for BB to dissect

2. Corey Dillon going back to Cinci in the AFC playoff game. That might might qualify on the biggest chip-on-shoulder performance ever seen in the NFL. He would proabably play Linebacker in that game just to get a shot at those guys. His line would be like 200 yards rushing, 2 TD, 4 sacks, 20 tackles, 1 int, 1 forced fumble and 1 completely destroyed visitors' locker room.

To be honest, the only team I fear is San Diego. We just do not match up well. Luckily, they probably won't get there.

dryheat44 said:
To be honest, the only team I fear is San Diego. We just do not match up well. Luckily, they probably won't get there.

Yeah... San Diego could be trouble, but the team I am worried about most is the Colts.
The steam roller offense they have can score on almost any drive.
The patriots might have a very good defense... but the colts worry me.

We will still beat em tho... would turn into a shootout :)
Pats - 45
Colts - 42
:p

Vin saves the day again!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST