PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Revenge of TB...nice one by Rich Levine

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYCPatsFan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Great piece. And, Levine is right to wonder what would have happened if the NFL had gotten one of the many aggressive, younger judges on the Court for the SDNY, with purely corporate pedigrees, looking to make a name for themselves in the New York media circus, as the NFL clearly thought it would get by tripping all over themselves to beat the NFLPA to the punch by filing in the Manhattan so the case wouldn't be heard in MA or MN.

Instead, as I observed out here many times from day one, they got a Senior Judge from NYU (not Hahvahd like Pash and Wells), with an MSW from Fordham and who had studied International Law in Stockholm. I never thought that guaranteed a "W" for Brady, but I said from day one that it meant that he would get a fair hearing...as he did!

Great piece. And, Levine is right to wonder what would have happened if the NFL had gotten one of the many aggressive, younger judges on the Court for the SDNY, with purely corporate pedigrees, looking to make a name for themselves in the New York media circus, as the NFL clearly thought it would get by tripping all over themselves to beat the NFLPA to the punch by filing in the Manhattan so the case wouldn't be heard in MA or MN.

Instead, as I observed out here many times from day one, they got a Senior Judge from NYU (not Hahvahd like Pash and Wells), with an MSW from Fordham and who had studied International Law in Stockholm. I never thought that guaranteed a "W" for Brady, but I said from day one that it meant that he would get a fair hearing...as he did!

Here's to wishing that TB continues to get a fair hearing throughout, as all men/women in this free country should!

The idea that Brady only triumphed because of some activist judge is another NFL fantasy. Kessler would tell you then won on straight up ordinary case law. There is the arbitration act - and corporations that are using it have to follow the law as set in that act. They did not - and thus their punishment was thrown out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes