PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Pats to meet with Wesley Woodyard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Belichick would be smart not to let him leave Foxboro without a deal.

I'd also imagine McDaniels will be present at the visit.

They very well may offer him a contract. But if he was smart he would wait to visit with the titans to see their offer as well

Belichick would be smart not to let him leave Foxboro without a deal.

I'd also imagine McDaniels will be present at the visit.

There's an angle I didn't think of. We can blame McDaniels for this potential signing everytime Woodyard has a bad play.

SO no deal for him today? Hopefully he is still around the facility

LB Wesley Woodyard to me on his Wed visit in NE: "The visit with the Patriots went great. I got to sit down with the coaches. I talked to (Bill) Belichick too. He told me how he sees my role with the team. I respect him a lot."

TwitLonger ? When you talk too much for Twitter

Sounds like the Pats are at least still in the running if not the favorites to land the guy.

Woodyard on the visit

LB Wesley Woodyard to me on his Wed visit in NE: "The visit with the Patriots went great. I got to sit down with the coaches. I talked to (Bill) Belichick too. He told me how he sees my role with the team. I respect him a lot."

Posted at the same time LOL

Translation: "He doesn't see me as a starter. I'm going to keep looking to see if somebody does."

Translation: "He doesn't see me as a starter. I'm going to keep looking to see if somebody does."

Got him in the showroom but couldn't close the deal. How many times does a guy go visit other teams before signing with an earlier suitor?

It Is What It Is » Wesley Woodyard: Visit with Patriots “went great”

“The visit with the Patriots went great,” Woodyard told Anderson. “I got to sit down with the coaches. I talked to (Bill) Belichick too. He told me how he sees my role with the team. I respect him a lot.”

The 6-foot, 233-pound linebacker compiled 84 tackles, three forced fumbles and four pass breakups in 2013. In last year’s regular-season meeting between the Patriots and Broncos, the 27-year-old finished with 15 total tackles (seven solo) and a forced fumble.​

Unless they were up front with him and said they really wanted him but there were some things in the works (trying to get Revis and extend Wilfork) that needed to be addressed first and that if he gets a deal from another team in the mean time to give them a chance to match or beat it.

I'd rather the money go towards a DE

Hmm, he definitely would not be a Spikes replacement imo. Spikes was a leadfoot. Woodyard could be the next Phifer for us if he returns to form. He was misused by Denver as an MLB when he should be on the outside, making plays in space and occasionally rushing the QB.

In 2012, Woodyard amassed 3 INTs, 5.5 QB sacks, and 70 tackles. That's the kind of guy I'm hoping we're getting if we sign him.
Wesley Woodyard NFL Football Statistics - Pro-Football-Reference.com

What I meant to say was that Woodyard would replace Spikes on the LB roster, not that he would
replace Spikes' specific role. We already have Hightower & Mayo as the lead-foots; that's plenty.

Woodward would be a great addition for the Pats if they get him. Loved him here in Denver. For some reason, he fell out of favor of JDR and the Bronco brass? Not sure what the story is behind that but a solid player who is a good leader.

Woodward would be a great addition for the Pats if they get him. Loved him here in Denver. For some reason, he fell out of favor of JDR and the Bronco brass? Not sure what the story is behind that but a solid player who is a good leader.

Thank you for this. Nice post.

Next to Browner and a DE, Woodyard is one of my top guys to get. We are good at LB, but very thin. Working in a rotation with May, Hightower and Collins he'd get a lot of playing time and make us better and more flexible. Speed is king these days in the NFL, and that's why Spikes is eminently expendable.

For me Browner solidifies the 2ndary at 2 positions is #1

#2 and 2a are the DE and Woodyard

#4 is the move TE

#5 is OL depth

The problem I have with both Woodyard and Browner is that, historically speaking, when a FA leaves town without a contract, they don't usually come back. :eek:

Josina Anderson ✔ @JosinaAnderson Just got a text from LB Wesley Woodyard: "I'm about to sign with the Titans."

Looks like we'll be looking elsewhere in FA or toward the draft for a Christian Jones or a Jordan Tripp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe