PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"The Patriot Way is now like any other way"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biffins

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Skip says "What used to be called The Patriot Way is now like any other way. Let's throw money here, let's throw money there, let's overpay here, let's over pay there. Let's hope this works, let's hope that works".

Is this criticism fair (link below)? Are we joining the rank of mediocre teams with losing seasons who "win" Free Agencies, only to be disappointed by the results. The hallmark of Patriots rebuilding was to NOT win the first day of FA and slowly do deals over the course of FA, trading for players even during the draft and even up to season start. Are we overpaying for these FAs and hence destined for disappointment?

Is this offseason different from our previous offseasons that have brought us success? And why?

Is BB right to try and avoid the overpaid QB market and have only $3.5m guaranteed on that position while the rest of the NFL seemingly overpays for QBs (like Dak Prescott).

Michael Vick says Patriots "won" Free Agency. Remember when we used to laugh at the teams that win Free Agency?

Stephen A says BB is going big in Free Agency purely because Brady won the SB.

ESPN pointing out that these moves, splashing large guaranteed contracts to mediocre players, looks less like the Patriots but more like the Jets.

Acho says the Patriots signings are like going to the club and seeing sparklers but they are on Fiji water not champagne. After the smoke clears about the "big bang signings" you realize it's a motley crew of mediocrity.

If you asked this crew to recommend ten stocks to invest in, and followed their advice, you'd be broke in six months.

First Things First points out that the Patriots probably overpaid but will at least be better than last year (duh!)

What the **** is the point of these posts? Since when has anyone on this board given two ****s about what these clowns have to say? If he didn’t spend money, he’s cheap as hell. Damned if he does, damned if he doesn’t. Either you’re stressed by these big guns and their criticisms and are coming here for some positive reinforcement where everyone bashes what they say, or you’re here to troll. Either way, send this **** to the PS. Damn.

Curran says Pats were desperate after 7-9 and had no choice but to go for broke in FA

Peter King points that that every year Pats celebrate everyone else being stupid in FA while they come out more slowly with smart signings. And this year after 7-9 they were desperate.

What the **** is the point of these posts? Since when has anyone on this board given two ****s about what these clowns have to say? If he didn’t spend money, he’s cheap as hell. Damned if he does, damned if he doesn’t. Either you’re stressed by these big guns and their criticisms and are coming here for some positive reinforcement where everyone bashes what they say, or you’re here to troll. Either way, send this **** to the PS. Damn.

It's hard for me to evaluate how good a value someone like Nelson is for what we're paying for him. Same with other signings. So I read up and checkout the opinions of others. Maybe you have encyclopaedic knowledge of EVERY random NFL player. I don't.

Zzzzzzzzz

Chris Simms says the Pats actions in FA is a clear aberration compared to the past.

Kurt Warner says Newton's re-signing was a big surprise but now that they have him they'll go back to establishing the run. And now you got him some weapons to compliment the run game.

We’ll see. Idiotic mediots gonna opinionate. Let’s wait and see the outcome before making ridiculous, over the top, circus show click bait predictions/analyzing bs. I swear this media is getting noisy. I can understand why some people have a hard time filtering it out. It’s insane actually.

Profootball Talk says that if anyone else did this it'd be called utter stupidity since almost every Pats FA signing had a banner 2020 year and will regress to his mean.

It's fortunate there is more then one way to build a team

It's hard for me to evaluate how good a value someone like Nelson is for what we're paying for him. Same with other signings. So I read up and checkout the opinions of others. Maybe you have encyclopaedic knowledge of EVERY random NFL player. I don't.
Oh, come on. You have posted nothing but negative reactions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back